471,343 Members | 1,231 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,343 software developers and data experts.

HELP!...trying to use document.image.src with .swf files...

I'm trying to figure a way to use document.image.src to place either
..jpg over a named image (which we know works fine) or Flash .swf
files...my guess is that you can't...but is there a way to use
document.write the same way (overwiting a placed graphic) using a
..swf?...

Any and all help most appreciated!!
Jul 23 '05 #1
3 2247
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 05:56:17 -0400, Mool wrote:
I'm trying to figure a way to use document.image.src to place either
.jpg over a named image (which we know works fine) or Flash .swf
files...my guess is that you can't...but is there a way to use
document.write the same way (overwiting a placed graphic) using a
.swf?...


I do not know if what you ask is possible, I will
leaves that to others. OTOH I will point out you
can have the .SWF another way.

Put two <div> elements in the same place, one
containing the image, the other the .SWF. Set
the swf div invisible, if you need it, make it
visible and the img div disappear.

HTH

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
Jul 23 '05 #2
Interesting idea...but it would be for more than just two
elements...numerous swfs and pngs...but I guess I could visability on
each one...

Thanks!

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:18:31 GMT, Andrew Thompson
<Se********@www.invalid> wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 05:56:17 -0400, Mool wrote:
I'm trying to figure a way to use document.image.src to place either
.jpg over a named image (which we know works fine) or Flash .swf
files...my guess is that you can't...but is there a way to use
document.write the same way (overwiting a placed graphic) using a
.swf?...


I do not know if what you ask is possible, I will
leaves that to others. OTOH I will point out you
can have the .SWF another way.

Put two <div> elements in the same place, one
containing the image, the other the .SWF. Set
the swf div invisible, if you need it, make it
visible and the img div disappear.

HTH


Jul 23 '05 #3
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:15:48 -0400, Mool wrote:
Interesting idea...but it would be for more than just two
elements...numerous swfs and pngs...but I guess I could visability on
each one...


What I would recommend instead of 'numerous'
is 'one for each type' perhaps..

You can use one for the images and do the
document.img.src for each image in turn.
The 'flash' div might(?) be able to handle
the .swf's the same way.

N.B. to work correctly, you need to spell
it 'visible', no 'a'.

There is also a 'gotcha' in that the opposite
is 'hidden', rather than the more consistent
'invisible'. ;-)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite
http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help
http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology
Jul 23 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by python-help-bounces | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Sarir Khamsi | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Colin J. Williams | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by dixie | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Steve | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Fred Flintstone | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.