473,246 Members | 1,527 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,246 software developers and data experts.

J2EE tutorial (Learn J2EE in 21 Days, Sam's)

Hello everyone,

I just bough a book to learn J2EE (Sam's Learn J2EE in 21 Days) from ebay.

This book is based on J2EE 1.3, i'm wondering if it's good to read this
book or if it would be better to get a book which is based on J2EE 1.4.

Could anyone tell me ?

Thank's

Sebastien Degardin
sd*******@powerdev-NOSPAM.be
Jul 18 '05 #1
4 11676
If you have a 1.3 book, that's probably the place to start.

Eric

In article <42***********************@news.skynet.be>, Sebastien Degardin
<sdegardin@powerdev_NOSPAM.be> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just bough a book to learn J2EE (Sam's Learn J2EE in 21 Days) from ebay.

This book is based on J2EE 1.3, i'm wondering if it's good to read this
book or if it would be better to get a book which is based on J2EE 1.4.

Could anyone tell me ?

Thank's

Sebastien Degardin
sd*******@powerdev-NOSPAM.be

Jul 18 '05 #2
I asked that because i thought i could have some important changement
since 1.3

But, i think that the differences are in the specification such as (EJB,
JSP, servlet). am i wrong ?

Or do i have to take care of some important changement.

EricF wrote:
If you have a 1.3 book, that's probably the place to start.

Eric

In article <42***********************@news.skynet.be>, Sebastien Degardin
<sdegardin@powerdev_NOSPAM.be> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just bough a book to learn J2EE (Sam's Learn J2EE in 21 Days) from ebay.

This book is based on J2EE 1.3, i'm wondering if it's good to read this
book or if it would be better to get a book which is based on J2EE 1.4.

Could anyone tell me ?

Thank's

Sebastien Degardin
sd*******@powerdev-NOSPAM.be

Jul 18 '05 #3
Sebastien Degardin wrote:
I asked that because i thought i could have some important changement
since 1.3

But, i think that the differences are in the specification such as (EJB,
JSP, servlet). am i wrong ?


The acronym J2EE refers to a set of specifications. So of course the
changes are in specifications.

Perhaps when you say that the "differences are in the specification" you
are thinking of a specific J2EE implementation?

In any case, you should be fine with the 1.3 tutorial to start out with,
unless there was a specific feature in 1.4 you wanted to explore. After
all, 1.4 contains 1.3 so it is a good starting base.

HTH,
Ray

--
XML is the programmer's duct tape.
Jul 18 '05 #4
Raymond DeCampo wrote:
Sebastien Degardin wrote:
I asked that because i thought i could have some important changement
since 1.3

But, i think that the differences are in the specification such as
(EJB, JSP, servlet). am i wrong ?


The acronym J2EE refers to a set of specifications. So of course the
changes are in specifications.

Perhaps when you say that the "differences are in the specification" you
are thinking of a specific J2EE implementation?

In any case, you should be fine with the 1.3 tutorial to start out with,
unless there was a specific feature in 1.4 you wanted to explore. After
all, 1.4 contains 1.3 so it is a good starting base.

HTH,
Ray


Thank's, i'm gonna read this book to get all basics of J2EE.
If think i'll get a new book after to have the latest specification such
as EJB 3.0 (which is however not yet released).

Thank's everyone.
Jul 18 '05 #5

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

3
by: bebonights | last post by:
Hi folks, I'm having a problem with the J2EE-SDK 1.4 (WindowsXP). I have installed j2sdk-1_4_2_02 as required by the J2EE-SDK. Pre-packaged Applications of the Tutorial (such as the...
4
by: prabhat | last post by:
Hi, I am teaching myself J2EE. I have couple of books but how can I get practical experience? I installed trial version of IBM-websphere but it seems too complex for a beginner in J2EE. I...
15
by: Herman | last post by:
Hi everyone, I'm currently studying for my Master's in Computer Science, and I will be working on my thesis this summer. I've been thinking about constructing a web services application for my...
1
by: sky'ra | last post by:
Can anyone recommend a good J2EE book? Thx!
11
by: Magnus Lycka | last post by:
While the official Python Tutorial has served its purpose well, keeping it up to date is hardly anyones top priority, and there are others who passionately create really good Python tutorials on...
8
by: EPPack | last post by:
I have a full, legal copy of Visual Studio.net 2003 on my work machine, I don't need the free product that was suggested , (unless it has a built in tutorial). However, I have no major clue how to...
7
by: Luca | last post by:
I am not a programmer but I do work in the ICT sector. I read somewhere that J2EE would be "dying" and that PHP would be taking its place soon... Is this complete crap or does it have some real...
9
dmjpro
by: dmjpro | last post by:
today i came to know a new framework .... say SPRING. can u give me good link on it??? kind regards, dmjpro.
0
by: abbasky | last post by:
### Vandf component communication method one: data sharing ​ Vandf components can achieve data exchange through data sharing, state sharing, events, and other methods. Vandf's data exchange method...
1
by: davi5007 | last post by:
Hi, Basically, I am trying to automate a field named TraceabilityNo into a web page from an access form. I've got the serial held in the variable strSearchString. How can I get this into the...
0
by: MeoLessi9 | last post by:
I have VirtualBox installed on Windows 11 and now I would like to install Kali on a virtual machine. However, on the official website, I see two options: "Installer images" and "Virtual machines"....
0
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
The formulas of 101 quantitative trading alphas used by WorldQuant were presented in the paper 101 Formulaic Alphas. However, some formulas are complex, leading to challenges in calculation. Take...
0
by: DolphinDB | last post by:
Tired of spending countless mintues downsampling your data? Look no further! In this article, you’ll learn how to efficiently downsample 6.48 billion high-frequency records to 61 million...
0
by: Aftab Ahmad | last post by:
Hello Experts! I have written a code in MS Access for a cmd called "WhatsApp Message" to open WhatsApp using that very code but the problem is that it gives a popup message everytime I clicked on...
0
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
0
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...
0
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.