467,920 Members | 1,268 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 467,920 developers. It's quick & easy.

Pages using dropdowns and check boxes stopped taking input

Hi All

I have inherrited a local intranet site at a company I'm outsourced to. It has been working fine for some time but three weeks ago stopped accepting certain input from users on spacific pages.

These pages require user input and are used by supervisors to request user function updates on our mainframe.
Our Intranet server is Windows 2000 SP4 (Fully patched) Running IIS 5.0/ASP 3.0 Server Extentions 5.0.2.2623. SharePoint is running on this server.
All pages are normally edited in FP2000

The pages concerned require a check box ticking or a "Drop Down" highlighting. Plain text parts of the pages work fine
We have checked KB219972 but it made no difference.
We're stuck now after two weeks looking at this and obviously not having worked directly on IIS before we are struggling to get this working.
Could anyone here help or even point us in the right direction

Regards
ST
Jun 11 '07 #1
  • viewed: 2416
Share:
5 Replies
kenobewan
Expert 4TB
Welcome to TSDN. I don't believe this is an IIS problem. What type of application is it?
Jun 12 '07 #2
Welcome to TSDN. I don't believe this is an IIS problem. What type of application is it?
I do apologise if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but by application I assume you mean the web editor we use. Its FP2000 this was used to create and edit.

The pages are simply emailed (setup via SharePoint ) to our help desk following user input. As I mentioned all free text works but nothing that involves ticking boxes or multiple fields.
We found this to be global over all such pages .. about 5 in all

I spoke to a collegue yesterday who said that the site might have been edited (only a text ammendment) via an XP PC using FP2000 and I'm just wondering if that may have changed something
Thanks for your patiance.
Jun 13 '07 #3
Further info.... I managed to get hold of an old page sent to our help desk to show how things should look when they arrive at the Helpdesk via email
The details inside the quotes are user input the 3 YES's are generated by ticking a box

Username: "Fred Bloggs"
Intranet Username: "UserName"
LCIS Username: "E1111"
Authorised BY: "UserName"
Email: "a.user@ournet.co.uk"
Authoriser Password: "password"
Send: Send
Create NT Account:
Remove NT Account: YES
Create Email Account:
Remove Email Account: YES
Create LCIS Account:
Remove LCIS Account: YES
LCIS Functions - Section 1 - Add:
LCIS Functions - Section 1 - Remove:
LCIS Functions - Section 2 - Add:
LCIS Functions - Section 2 - Remove:
LCIS Functions - Section 3 - Add:
LCIS Functions - Section 3 - Remove:
LCIS Functions - Section 4 - Add:
LCIS Functions - Section 4 - Remove:
LCIS Functions - Section 7 - Add:
LCIS Functions - Section 7 - Remove :
Notes


This is how pages are now shown when they arrive


Username: "IT BOD "
Intranet:
Username: " IT BOD "
LCIS:
Username: " IT BOD "
Authorised:
BY:
Email: " a.user@ ournet.co.uk "
Authoriser:
Password:
Send: Send
Create:
Intranet:
Account:
Remove:
Intranet:
Account:
Create:
Email: " a.user@ ournet.co.uk "
Account:
Remove:
Email: " a.user@ ournet.co.uk "
Account:
Create:
LCIS:
Account:
Remove:
LCIS:
Account:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
1:
-:
Add:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
1:
-:
Remove:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
2:
-:
Add:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
2:
-:
Remove:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
3:
-:
Add:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
3:
-:
Remove:
LCIS:
Functions:
-:
Section:
4:
-:
Add:
L




I must say it is looking like a format problem and it maybe simple to resolve but I don't want to play too much as its 3.7Gb and there are a couple of critical databases involved. I did try to recover the particular pages/asp's from backup but that didn't work.
Jun 13 '07 #4
kenobewan
Expert 4TB
No need to apologize. What I think has happened is that the hosting hasn't changed but the intranet (application) has. If this is the case then the easiest thing is to switch to an earlier version, this is where versioning control is a big plus. If you don't have this, I suggest you adopt immediately, you will need to debug which isn't made easier by the fact that you aren't receiving an error, but at least you know which function to look at. It looks like the form to email has been tampered with, I had this once by someone who was dyslexic. If you have trouble fixing I can shift to forum that deals with language intranet is written in. HTH.
Jun 14 '07 #5
Thanks kenobewan much apriciated.

I've just checked and our normal FP2000 version is 4.0.2.2717 (Our normal IT W2K PC's) and I suspect the edit was done using Version 4.0.2.6625 (Our New XP PC's) I have reposted in the correct forum with a summary of this thread rather than ppl having to dicect each post.

ST
Jun 14 '07 #6

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.

Similar topics

13 posts views Thread by Adrian Parker | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by jimi_xyz | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by student4lifer | last post: by
11 posts views Thread by Patrick | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.