467,915 Members | 1,276 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 467,915 developers. It's quick & easy.

Simple Question (2 column layout)

I essentially have the standard two column layout, but I'm running
into a quirk I'm hoping someone can help with. I have one column
which is the main content (75%) of the screen and the remaining 25% is
reserved for "side" content.

The problem with my CSS is that if the main content's height is less
than the side content's height, the side content will wrap underneath
the main content instead of staying within the 25% bounds.

-me

------ code
#main
{
float: left;
width: 75%;
}

#side
{
}

and then the following HTML code
<html>

<div id="main">
let's say the text in this section takes up three lines on the screen.
</div>

<div id="side">
let's say this section has ten lines of text, the first three lines
will be just fine in this div, the other seven lines will wrap and
begin where text in the #main div would start. (instead of wrapping
to the start of the #side div)
</div>

</html>
------ end code
Jul 20 '05 #1
  • viewed: 1627
Share:

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

3 posts views Thread by Doug McCrae | last post: by
10 posts views Thread by Alfred | last post: by
15 posts views Thread by Tamblyne | last post: by
10 posts views Thread by Philipp E. Imhof | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ney_Andr=E9_de_Mello_Zunino?= | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Mark | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.