By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,723 Members | 1,655 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,723 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

How to get text link to show underline when mouse rolls over.

P: n/a
What do I add to the style sheet to do this? Thanks.

-Paul, the CSS Newbie
Jul 20 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a


Paul Kaufman wrote:
What do I add to the style sheet to do this? Thanks.


a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}

--
/Arne
Jul 20 '05 #2

P: n/a
Subject: How to get text link to show underline when mouse rolls over.

Please include question to body.

In article Paul Kaufman wrote:
What do I add to the style sheet to do this? Thanks.


a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}

or if you use <a name>s, add this:
a[name]:hover {text-decoration:inherit;}
--
Lauri Raittila <http://www.iki.fi/lr> <http://www.iki.fi/zwak/fonts>
Saapi lähettää meiliä, jos aihe ei liity ryhmään, tai on yksityinen
tjsp., mutta älä lähetä samaa viestiä meilitse ja ryhmään.

Jul 20 '05 #3

P: n/a

"Paul Kaufman" <pk******@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:ef**************************@posting.google.c om...
| What do I add to the style sheet to do this? Thanks.
|
| -Paul, the CSS Newbie

This should provide you with what you want

a:link
{color:#00c;text-decoration:none;background-color:transparent;}
a:visited
{color:#009;text-decoration:none;background-color:transparent;}
a:hover
{color:#c00;text-decoration:underline;background-color:transparen
t;}
a:active
{color:#f00;text-decoration:underline;background-color:transparen
t;}

This would go into your external css.

hth
--
Chet
ng******@NOcharterSPAM.net (remove NO.....SPAM)
Jul 20 '05 #4

P: n/a
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:57:56 +0200, Lauri Raittila
<la***@raittila.cjb.net> wrote:
Subject: How to get text link to show underline when mouse rolls over.

Please include question to body.

In article Paul Kaufman wrote:
What do I add to the style sheet to do this? Thanks.


a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}

or if you use <a name>s, add this:
a[name]:hover {text-decoration:inherit;}

Adding only this: is OP making it clear to the user that the links are
links? If you remove the underlining, how will the user know to hover
there?
Jul 20 '05 #5

P: n/a
Neal <ne*****@spamrcn.com> wrote:
<la***@raittila.cjb.net> wrote:
In article Paul Kaufman wrote:
Subject: How to get text link to show underline when mouse rolls over.

a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}

or if you use <a name>s, add this:
a[name]:hover {text-decoration:inherit;}


Adding only this: is OP making it clear to the user that the links are
links? If you remove the underlining, how will the user know to hover
there?


Quite right. Use something like this:

p:hover a:link,
li:hover a:link,
a:hover {text-decoration:underline}

and the underlines will appear when you hover anywhere _near_ the links.

--
Karl Smith.
Jul 20 '05 #6

P: n/a
On 20 Feb 2004 06:56:33 -0800, Karl Smith <go************@kjsmith.com>
wrote:
p:hover a:link,
li:hover a:link,
a:hover {text-decoration:underline}

and the underlines will appear when you hover anywhere _near_ the links.


.... unless the user is among the IE using population, as I understand.
This is ONE thing I wish IE got right.
Jul 20 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.