By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,624 Members | 2,229 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,624 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Trying to write a form with checkboxes

P: n/a
Greetings! I'm attempting to write a form with checkboxes. This is a list
of comic books, and what I need the form to do is produce a new page that
only lists what the user has checked. And I'm completely stumped.

<form action="" id="input" name="input">
<input type="checkbox" value="buy" /> Strangers In Paradise Pkt Vol 1
TPB, $17.95
<input type="checkbox" value="buy" /> Strangers In Paradise Vol III #67,
$2.95
</form>
<input type="submit" />

*Charles S. LePage www.comiclist.com *
* New Comic Book Releases List *
Jul 20 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Charles LePage wrote:
<form action="" id="input" name="input">
The action needs to hold a URL to a server side script that does what you
want. The specifics depend on the language you use for server side
scripting, which depends on your server and personal preferences.
<input type="checkbox" value="buy" /> Strangers In Paradise Pkt Vol 1
This needs a name.
</form>
<input type="submit" />


This needs to be part of the form.

You probably should read <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/>

--
David Dorward <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/> <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
Jul 20 '05 #2

P: n/a
Charles LePage <ch***@comiclist.com> wrote:
Greetings! I'm attempting to write a form with checkboxes. This is a list
of comic books, and what I need the form to do is produce a new page that
only lists what the user has checked. And I'm completely stumped.

<form action="" id="input" name="input">
<input type="checkbox" value="buy" /> Strangers In Paradise Pkt Vol 1
TPB, $17.95
<input type="checkbox" value="buy" /> Strangers In Paradise Vol III #67,
$2.95
</form>
<input type="submit" />


There are at least four things wrong with your code, so basic that it
looks you're trying to do it before learning how to do it. I suggest
you start by reading a guide to making HTML forms. Also, why are you
using XML /> notation? In HTML, the slash is neither necessary nor
valid. I'm assuming you're not using XHTML, since there probably isn't
any reason why you would be.

--
Harlan Messinger
Remove the first dot from my e-mail address.
Veuillez ôter le premier point de mon adresse de courriel.
Jul 20 '05 #3

P: n/a
On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:07:22 +0100, David Dorward <do*****@yahoo.com>
wrote:
You probably should read <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/>


Thank you for the suggestion, I'll see if they have any examples of what
I'm trying to do there.

*Charles S. LePage www.comiclist.com *
* New Comic Book Releases List *
Jul 20 '05 #4

P: n/a
On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:32:35 -0400, Harlan Messinger
<hm*******************@comcast.net> wrote:
There are at least four things wrong with your code, so basic that it
looks you're trying to do it before learning how to do it. I suggest
you start by reading a guide to making HTML forms. Also, why are you
using XML /> notation? In HTML, the slash is neither necessary nor
valid. I'm assuming you're not using XHTML, since there probably isn't
any reason why you would be.


The page (and my site) is "XHTML 1.0 Transitional". And no, I don't know
how to do it, that is for certain.

*Charles S. LePage www.comiclist.com *
* New Comic Book Releases List *
Jul 20 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.