By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
455,244 Members | 1,339 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 455,244 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Q: "clicked" buttons to stay clicked

P: n/a
I'm putting together a very simple web page with radio buttons that
indicate the status of an item. The page won't be viewed except by 10
or so viewers inside a network. I want the viewers to be able to click
a radio button and then for that button to stay "clicked" when the
page is viewed again later - when the next viewer will click another
button to indicate the new status. I'm not having any luck finding
code to help me do this. I can create the buttons and they're
clickable but they don't stay clicked when the page is closed. Any
help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jul 20 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
On 6 Mar 2004 22:29:50 -0800, Bill <be******@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm putting together a very simple web page with radio buttons that
indicate the status of an item. The page won't be viewed except by 10
or so viewers inside a network. I want the viewers to be able to click
a radio button and then for that button to stay "clicked" when the
page is viewed again later - when the next viewer will click another
button to indicate the new status. I'm not having any luck finding
code to help me do this. I can create the buttons and they're
clickable but they don't stay clicked when the page is closed. Any
help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can't do this in HTML. You'd need to set a cookie, as far as I understand.
However, I don't understand far enough to be able to advise you how.
Jul 20 '05 #2

P: n/a
Neal <ne*****@spamrcn.com> wrote:
Can't do this in HTML.
Apparently not. And the question made it rather clear it's not about
authoring for the WWW either.
You'd need to set a cookie, as far as I understand.


No, cookies would not help, unless (maybe) if all users use the very
same browser, i.e. the same copy of a browser in a specific computer.
The selections would need to be stored on the _server_. Actually this
could well be done using normal WWW technologies-

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
Pages about Web authoring: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/www.html

Jul 20 '05 #3

P: n/a
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 07:21:38 +0000 (UTC), Jukka K. Korpela
<jk******@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
... the question made it rather clear it's not about
authoring for the WWW either.


The newsgroup choice would seem to beg response based on authoring in html
for the WWW...
Jul 20 '05 #4

P: n/a
"Jukka K. Korpela" <jk******@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
Neal <ne*****@spamrcn.com> wrote:
Can't do this in HTML.
Apparently not. And the question made it rather clear it's not about
authoring for the WWW either.
You'd need to set a cookie, as far as I understand.


No, cookies would not help, unless (maybe) if all users use the very
same browser, i.e. the same copy of a browser in a specific computer.


And they all log in under the same account.
The selections would need to be stored on the _server_. Actually this
could well be done using normal WWW technologies-

--
Harlan Messinger
Remove the first dot from my e-mail address.
Veuillez ôter le premier point de mon adresse de courriel.
Jul 20 '05 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.