468,457 Members | 1,682 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 468,457 developers. It's quick & easy.

Centering tumbnails

http://mapage.noos.fr/dardelf3/tintin/page3bits.html

Can I center the series of thumbnails horizontally in the pages _and_ keep
the "elastic arrangement" where the number of thumbnails adapts to the
width of the screen.

François de Dardel
http:/mapage.noos.fr/dardelf
Faber est suae quisque fortunae
Remove fourteen to reply
Enlever le quatorze
Jul 20 '05 #1
6 1781
Els
Franois de Dardel wrote:
http://mapage.noos.fr/dardelf3/tintin/page3bits.html

Can I center the series of thumbnails horizontally in the pages _and_
keep the "elastic arrangement" where the number of thumbnails adapts to
the width of the screen.


Have a look at the thread started by Filippo Giarratano on
February 1st, in comp.internet.www.authoring.stylesheets.
Subject: Centering Thumbnail Galleries with CSS: Floats,
Inline, Lists, ???

There is a solution, which will work in IE5.5 and higher and
in Opera too.

Succes :-)

--
Els

Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

Jul 20 '05 #2
Els


Els wrote:
Have a look at the thread started by Filippo Giarratano on February 1st,
in comp.internet.www.authoring.stylesheets.


Sorry, that's not comp.internet, but
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

--
Els

Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

Jul 20 '05 #3
In article <40***********************@nan-newsreader-02.noos.net>,
Franois de Dardel <da*******@noos.fr> wrote:
Can I center the series of thumbnails horizontally in the pages _and_ keep
the "elastic arrangement" where the number of thumbnails adapts to the
width of the screen.


Something like <http://www.cinnamon.nl/portfolio/>?
Screen stylesheet at <http://www.cinnamon.nl/css/main.css>. Look for the
..pflist class.

--
Kris
<kr*******@xs4all.netherlands> (nl)
<http://www.cinnamon.nl/>
Jul 20 '05 #4
On 2004-02-08 11:04:52 +0100, Els <el***********@tiscali.nl.invalid> said:
Franois de Dardel wrote:
http://mapage.noos.fr/dardelf3/tintin/page3bits.html
Can I center the series of thumbnails horizontally in the pages _and_
keep the "elastic arrangement" where the number of thumbnails adapts to >

the width of the screen.
Have a look at the thread started by Filippo Giarratano on February 1st, in comp.internet.www.authoring.stylesheets. Subject: Centering Thumbnail Galleries with CSS: Floats, Inline, Lists,

???

Thanks, but my ISP keeps the posted messages only 24 hours or max two days,
and I don't know how to access these (is it possible) once they have
disappeared from the ISP server.

Can you point to a page where this (centering the thumbnails) is done ?

Thanks again

François de Dardel
http:/mapage.noos.fr/dardelf
Faber est suae quisque fortunae
Remove fourteen to reply
Enlever le quatorze
Jul 20 '05 #5
Franois de Dardel wrote:
Thanks, but my ISP keeps the posted messages only 24 hours or max two
days, and I don't know how to access these (is it possible) once they have
disappeared from the ISP server.


http://groups.google.com/

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
Jul 20 '05 #6
Els


David Dorward wrote:
Franois de Dardel wrote:
Thanks, but my ISP keeps the posted messages only 24 hours or max two
days, and I don't know how to access these (is it possible) once they have
disappeared from the ISP server.

http://groups.google.com/


the message id you are looking for is
<d8**************************@posting.google.com >
then open the thread and read all :-)
--
Els

Mente humana é como pára-quedas; funciona melhor aberta.

Jul 20 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

11 posts views Thread by Jeff Thies | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Jonah Bishop | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Ryan W Sims | last post: by
15 posts views Thread by red | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Axel Siebenwirth | last post: by
reply views Thread by Marcelo López | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by John Pote | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Markus Ernst | last post: by
1 post views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?ZnJhbmt5?= | last post: by
reply views Thread by NPC403 | last post: by
1 post views Thread by subhajit12345 | last post: by
reply views Thread by kmladenovski | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.