By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
460,045 Members | 1,372 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 460,045 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

w3c compliant code..

P: n/a

hi,

I'm trying to validate this url..
http://www.francesdelrio.com/resume/

I don't quite these errors:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...Inline&group=0
Line 1, Column 114: character "/" invalid: only delimiter ">", delimiter
"[", "CDATA", "NDATA", "SDATA" and parameter separators allowed.

…g/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd" />

and what is wrong with a tag like this?
<frameset rows="180,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0"
onLoad="loc();" />

or a tag like this?
<frame name="topfr" SRC="top.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" />

what's wrong with 'src' attribute????

I don't get this?? are FRAMES no longer w3c-compliant????
thank you...

Nov 11 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
maya wrote:
>I'm trying to validate this url..
http://www.francesdelrio.com/resume/
So why do you use the Subject line "w3c compliant code" then?
I don't quite these errors:
You now have _different_ errors. You seem to have changed the document.

Have you considered using a _correct_ doctype declaration, as copied from
W3C specs?
and what is wrong with a tag like this?
<frameset rows="180,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0"
onLoad="loc();" />
Frames are evil. Using XHTML for them to the bogosity.
or a tag like this?
<frame name="topfr" SRC="top.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" />
Inline frames are inline evil.
I don't get this?? are FRAMES no longer w3c-compliant????
They never really were. From the beginning, they have been deprecated. But
this has nothing to do with validation. You get validation errors because
your markup is invalid. You haven't even got the doctype declaration right.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Nov 11 '08 #2

P: n/a
Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
maya wrote:
>I'm trying to validate this url..
http://www.francesdelrio.com/resume/

So why do you use the Subject line "w3c compliant code" then?
>I don't quite these errors:

You now have _different_ errors. You seem to have changed the document.

Have you considered using a _correct_ doctype declaration, as copied
from W3C specs?
>and what is wrong with a tag like this?
<frameset rows="180,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0"
onLoad="loc();" />

Frames are evil. Using XHTML for them to the bogosity.
>or a tag like this?
<frame name="topfr" SRC="top.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" />

Inline frames are inline evil.
>I don't get this?? are FRAMES no longer w3c-compliant????

They never really were. From the beginning, they have been deprecated.
But this has nothing to do with validation. You get validation errors
because your markup is invalid. You haven't even got the doctype
declaration right.
ok, fine, will give up on that one, then... am trying to w3c-check this
url:
http://www.francesdelrio.com/photoblog/
what can be wrong w/this line?

Line 5270, Column 75: general entity "page" not defined and no default
entity.
…toblog/feedback.jsp?section=section1&page=page1" class="main
sectionsLinks">

are urls with query-strings not w3c-compliant????

thank you...

Nov 11 '08 #3

P: n/a
On 2008-11-11, maya wrote:
am trying to w3c-check this
url:
http://www.francesdelrio.com/photoblog/

what can be wrong w/this line?

Line 5270, Column 75: general entity "page" not defined and no default
entity.
…toblog/feedback.jsp?section=section1&page=page1" class="main
sectionsLinks">

are urls with query-strings not w3c-compliant????
The ampersand needs to be converted to a character entity, &amp;

<a href="/photoblog/feedback.jsp?section=section1&amp;page=page1"

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
================================================== =================
Author:
Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)
Nov 11 '08 #4

P: n/a
Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
On 2008-11-11, maya wrote:
> am trying to w3c-check this
url:
http://www.francesdelrio.com/photoblog/

what can be wrong w/this line?

Line 5270, Column 75: general entity "page" not defined and no default
entity.
…toblog/feedback.jsp?section=section1&page=page1" class="main
sectionsLinks">

are urls with query-strings not w3c-compliant????

The ampersand needs to be converted to a character entity, &amp;

<a href="/photoblog/feedback.jsp?section=section1&amp;page=page1"
oh wow.. had no idea.. thank you very much....


Nov 11 '08 #5

P: n/a
Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
The ampersand needs to be converted to a character entity, &amp;
Or replaced with a semicolon, if your script is able to parse it that way.
Nov 12 '08 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.