By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,787 Members | 1,124 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,787 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

test - pls ignore

P: n/a
I just want to see, if i can read my own posts in this group. please
ignore it.
Mar 3 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
9 Replies


P: n/a
Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:14:50 +0100 from tomasio <da****@ja.net>:
I just want to see, if i can read my own posts in this group. please
ignore it.
Use the test newsgroup for tests, you berk.

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
HTML 4.01 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
validator: http://validator.w3.org/
CSS 2.1 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/
validator: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Why We Won't Help You:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/200..._wont_help_you
Mar 3 '07 #2

P: n/a
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:31:02 -0500, Stan Brown
<th************@fastmail.fmwrote:
>Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:14:50 +0100 from tomasio <da****@ja.net>:
>I just want to see, if i can read my own posts in this group. please
ignore it.

Use the test newsgroup for tests, you berk.
do you have nothing else to do than to answer to a test posting? get a
life.
Mar 4 '07 #3

P: n/a
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:13:26 +0100, tomasio <da****@ja.netwrote:
>On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:31:02 -0500, Stan Brown
<th************@fastmail.fmwrote:
>>Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:14:50 +0100 from tomasio <da****@ja.net>:
>>I just want to see, if i can read my own posts in this group. please
ignore it.

Use the test newsgroup for tests, you berk.
do you have nothing else to do than to answer to a test posting? get a
life.
Sorry, but you can't expect to put up a test post in any group other
than alt.test, which is there for that purpose, without getting a nasty
reply. Also it makes you come off as a fool since it means you've
refused to take any time to understand usenet before you posted.

Do it anywhere else and you'll get a nasty response and that's if you
are lucky. Just a fact of usenet life which you ignore at your peril.

Newsnet is not the web, and it is not email. It is it's own medoum with
it's own rules and conventions and if you want to use it you are
expected to learn these conventions and rules, or suffer consequences of
various kinds, the least harmful being the nasty public response.

Mar 5 '07 #4

P: n/a
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:59:48 GMT, Ed Seedhouse <es********@shaw.ca>
wrote:
>Newsnet is not the web, and it is not email. It is it's own medoum with
it's own rules and conventions and if you want to use it you are
expected to learn these conventions and rules, or suffer consequences of
various kinds, the least harmful being the nasty public response.
Usenet, not "newsnet", of course.
Mar 5 '07 #5

P: n/a
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 00:01:34 GMT, Ed Seedhouse <es********@shaw.ca>
wrote:
>On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 23:59:48 GMT, Ed Seedhouse <es********@shaw.ca>
wrote:
>>Newsnet is not the web, and it is not email. It is it's own medoum with
it's own rules and conventions and if you want to use it you are
expected to learn these conventions and rules, or suffer consequences of
various kinds, the least harmful being the nasty public response.

Usenet, not "newsnet", of course.
I have obviously underestimated the importance of the usenet laws : )
Mar 6 '07 #6

P: n/a
Nik
tomasio wrote:
>
I have obviously underestimated the importance of the usenet laws : )
Many of the inhabitants of various newsfroups spend more time than is
healthy in them. They consider them to be their homes, and like
visitors to behave, as you might expect a visitor to your home to do.

I make no judgement as to whether or not this is reasonable...

Nik
Mar 7 '07 #7

P: n/a
In message <e3********************************@4ax.com>, Ed Seedhouse
<es********@shaw.cawrites
>Sorry, but you can't expect to put up a test post in any group other
than alt.test
uk.test

--
Andy Mabbett
* Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/>
* Free Our Data: <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>
* Are you using Microformats, yet: <http://microformats.org/?
Mar 11 '07 #8

P: n/a
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 00:23:36 +0000 from Andy Mabbett <usenet200309
@pigsonthewing.org.uk>:
In message <e3********************************@4ax.com>, Ed Seedhouse
<es********@shaw.cawrites
Sorry, but you can't expect to put up a test post in any group other
than alt.test

uk.test
And misc.test.

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
HTML 4.01 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
validator: http://validator.w3.org/
CSS 2.1 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/
validator: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Why We Won't Help You:
http://diveintomark.org/archives/200..._wont_help_you
Mar 11 '07 #9

P: n/a
Ed Seedhouse <es********@shaw.camade a profound statement...
: Sorry, but you can't expect to put up a test post in any group other
: than alt.test

Sun, 11 Mar 2007 00:23:36 +0000 from Andy Mabbett added...
uk.test
"Stan Brown" added...
: And misc.test.

And...
news://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test
news://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test.here

And then the unmoderated comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
as well. <gHeck... ROTFOWL.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the group.
Mar 11 '07 #10

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.