By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,037 Members | 1,839 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,037 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

How to "drag and drop" jpg's into html and have the code write itself.

P: n/a
Hi. It's been a very long time since I did any extensive html coding,
so all I recall are the basics. I'm looking to create a web site with a
lot of jpg pictures divided among several web pages. Is there an html
program out there that will allow me to just drag and drop the jpg's
into my html code without the need to cut and paste the name of each
individual jpg? Thanks.

Oct 8 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
mr_cross wrote:
Hi. It's been a very long time since I did any extensive html coding,
so all I recall are the basics. I'm looking to create a web site with a
lot of jpg pictures divided among several web pages. Is there an html
program out there that will allow me to just drag and drop the jpg's
into my html code without the need to cut and paste the name of each
individual jpg? Thanks.
MS Frontpage...

--
| Brendan Gillatt |
| brendan {at} brendan \removethis// gillatt {dot} co {dot} uk |
| http://www.brendangillatt.co.uk |
| PGP Key: pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6E265E61|
Oct 9 '06 #2

P: n/a
In article <eg**********@news.freedom2surf.net>,
Brendan Gillatt <br*****@brendanREMOVETHISgillatt.co.ukwrote:
>mr_cross wrote:
>Hi. It's been a very long time since I did any extensive html coding,
so all I recall are the basics. I'm looking to create a web site with a
lot of jpg pictures divided among several web pages. Is there an html
program out there that will allow me to just drag and drop the jpg's
into my html code without the need to cut and paste the name of each
individual jpg? Thanks.

MS Frontpage...
You're kidding.

If you want a *standards-compliant* WYSIWYG HTML editor, that's also
free, try Nvu: http://www.nvu.com/index.php

-A
Oct 9 '06 #3

P: n/a

Brendan Gillatt wrote:
MS Frontpage...
Please, no!

You'd be better off using
cat < /dev/random

Oct 10 '06 #4

P: n/a
axlq wrote:
You're kidding.
Of course I was!

--
| Brendan Gillatt |
| brendan {at} brendan \removethis// gillatt {dot} co {dot} uk |
| http://www.brendangillatt.co.uk |
| PGP Key: pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6E265E61|
Oct 10 '06 #5

P: n/a
In article <11*********************@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
"Andy Dingley" <di*****@codesmiths.comwrote:
Brendan Gillatt wrote:
MS Frontpage...

Please, no!

You'd be better off using
cat < /dev/random
I thought FrontPage already did that...
Oct 10 '06 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.