By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,335 Members | 2,258 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,335 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

IE display problem

P: n/a
The page validates, and, of course, this is not happening in Opera or
Firefox. The CSS errors are work arounds for IE6, and should not
affect these pages.

The pages in question:
http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/vendormenu.html (displays
correctly)
http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/chgpwd.html (skewed)

Please note that none of the other links on these pages work. I put
this up like this because the real pages are password protected, and
these are not, so none of the links will work, not will submitting the
form.

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Adrienne Boswell at work
Administrator http://www.nextblock.com
Please respond to the group so others can share

Sep 19 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
On 2006-09-20, Adrienne Boswell wrote:
The page validates, and, of course, this is not happening in Opera or
Firefox. The CSS errors are work arounds for IE6, and should not
affect these pages.

The pages in question:
http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/vendormenu.html (displays
correctly)
That doesn't display correctly for me in IE or FF.

In IE <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/glendale2.jpg>, the text
is barely readable, and the right-hand column doesn't fit on the
right; it is pushed down below the other columns.

In FF <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/glendale1.jpg>, text boxes
on the left spill over on to the middle column.
http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/chgpwd.html (skewed)
Apart from being barely readable, this page looks OK in IE, but the
same text box problem occurs in FF.

In all cases, the pages only look close to all right at a window
width of 800px. Why do that?????
--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
================================================== =================
Author:
Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)
Sep 20 '06 #2

P: n/a
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Chris F.A. Johnson"
<cf********@gmail.comwriting in news:00************@xword.teksavvy.com:
On 2006-09-20, Adrienne Boswell wrote:
>The page validates, and, of course, this is not happening in Opera or
Firefox. The CSS errors are work arounds for IE6, and should not
affect these pages.

The pages in question:
http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/vendormenu.html (displays
correctly)

That doesn't display correctly for me in IE or FF.

In IE <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/glendale2.jpg>, the text
is barely readable, and the right-hand column doesn't fit on the
right; it is pushed down below the other columns.

In FF <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/glendale1.jpg>, text boxes
on the left spill over on to the middle column.
>http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/chgpwd.html (skewed)

Apart from being barely readable, this page looks OK in IE, but the
same text box problem occurs in FF.

In all cases, the pages only look close to all right at a window
width of 800px. Why do that?????

Thanks for taking a look. I was unaware that the pages were doing that
at 800. I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Any ideas about why is it doing what it is doing in a larger window? I
don't think I can address the above without fixing this first.

Thanks again for looking.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
Please respond to the group so others can share

Sep 20 '06 #3

P: n/a
On 2006-09-20, Adrienne Boswell wrote:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Chris F.A. Johnson"
<cf********@gmail.comwriting in news:00************@xword.teksavvy.com:
>On 2006-09-20, Adrienne Boswell wrote:
>>The page validates, and, of course, this is not happening in Opera or
Firefox. The CSS errors are work arounds for IE6, and should not
affect these pages.

The pages in question:
http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/vendormenu.html (displays
correctly)

That doesn't display correctly for me in IE or FF.

In IE <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/glendale2.jpg>, the text
is barely readable, and the right-hand column doesn't fit on the
right; it is pushed down below the other columns.

In FF <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/glendale1.jpg>, text boxes
on the left spill over on to the middle column.
>>http://www.visionforglendale.com/usenet/chgpwd.html (skewed)

Apart from being barely readable, this page looks OK in IE, but the
same text box problem occurs in FF.

In all cases, the pages only look close to all right at a window
width of 800px. Why do that?????


Thanks for taking a look. I was unaware that the pages were doing that
at 800. I'll see what I can do to fix that.
The pages looks its *best* at 800px; but there are still problems.
Any ideas about why is it doing what it is doing in a larger window? I
don't think I can address the above without fixing this first.
The first step is to remove this width spec from your style sheet:

#container {
width: 770px;

Then go and change other px widths to ems. Look at the page with
larger font sizes and larger and smaller windows.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
================================================== =================
Author:
Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)
Sep 20 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.