By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,995 Members | 1,566 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,995 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Missing valid-html401 icon

P: n/a
L.S

I'm not sure who I should contact, but it seems the

valid-html401 icon is missing at http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-html401


--
http://www.it-hulp.nl
http://www.jeroendebruijn.nl
Jul 23 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
7 Replies


P: n/a
MightyKitten wrote:

L.S

I'm not sure who I should contact, but it seems the

valid-html401 icon is missing at http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-html401


This works for me. The icon is in the upper-left corner of my
browser window.

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

I use Mozilla as my Web browser because I want a browser that
complies with Web standards. See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.
Jul 23 '05 #2

P: n/a
David Ross wrote:
MightyKitten wrote:

L.S

I'm not sure who I should contact, but it seems the

valid-html401 icon is missing at
http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-html401


This works for me. The icon is in the upper-left corner of my
browser window.


Except that I see it in the lower left corner, Its alright. I see you placed
the Icon locally.
I've done this too.

Though at this moment the W3C webite seems to be unaccessible (atleast
overhere) for the moment.
Central European Time 20:58

MightyKitten
Jul 23 '05 #3

P: n/a
David Ross wrote:
MightyKitten wrote:

L.S

I'm not sure who I should contact, but it seems the

valid-html401 icon is missing at
http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-html401


This works for me. The icon is in the upper-left corner of my
browser window.


The IP Adrees is working (http://128.30.52.24) but the FQD is not
(http://www.w3c.org)
I think some ...hole has ..cked with some DNS server, somewhere.

MightyKitten
Jul 23 '05 #4

P: n/a
Dan

MightyKitten wrote:
The IP Adrees is working (http://128.30.52.24) but the FQD is not
(http://www.w3c.org)
I think some ...hole has ..cked with some DNS server, somewhere.


Works for me now. (w3c.org redirects to their main domain, w3.org.)

--
Dan

Jul 23 '05 #5

P: n/a
Dan wrote:
MightyKitten wrote:
The IP Adres is working (http://128.30.52.24) but the FQD is not
(http://www.w3c.org)
I think some ...hole has ..cked with some DNS server, somewhere.


Works for me now. (w3c.org redirects to their main domain, w3.org.)


Yes, It is workingagain for me to. Maybe my ISP screw-up?

Strange however, the validation icon is still messing here
for example

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...tre_zoeken.php

the icon next to
<quote>
" To show your readers that you have taken the care to create an
interoperable Web page, you may display this icon on any page that
validates. Here is the HTML you should use to add this icon to your Web
page:"
</quote>
is gone, and the contact page told me to check this newsgroup out...

Now I'm using a local version of the icon, so I'me done, but still I think
it is a kind of strange if I'm the onlyone. Othe pictures on that site are
displayed alright (except for the valid XHTML 1.0 Icon in the bottem right
area).

Looks like the Icon directory is deleted to me.
MightyKitten
Jul 23 '05 #6

P: n/a
MightyKitten wrote:

Yes, It is workingagain for me to. Maybe my ISP screw-up?

Strange however, the validation icon is still messing here
for example

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...tre_zoeken.php

the icon next to
<quote>
" To show your readers that you have taken the care to create an
interoperable Web page, you may display this icon on any page that
validates. Here is the HTML you should use to add this icon to your Web
page:"
</quote>
is gone, and the contact page told me to check this newsgroup out...

Now I'm using a local version of the icon, so I'me done, but still I think
it is a kind of strange if I'm the onlyone. Othe pictures on that site are
displayed alright (except for the valid XHTML 1.0 Icon in the bottem right
area).

Looks like the Icon directory is deleted to me.

MightyKitten


If possible, you should always use local copies of graphics (except
where prohibited by copyright). You don't want your Web pages
dependent on graphics from servers not under your control. (I
consider my ISP's server under my control since they indeed realize
their profits depend in a small way upon my subscription fees.)

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

I use Mozilla as my Web browser because I want a browser that
complies with Web standards. See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.
Jul 23 '05 #7

P: n/a
Tim
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:49:31 -0800,
David Ross <no****@nowhere.not> posted:
If possible, you should always use local copies of graphics (except
where prohibited by copyright). You don't want your Web pages
dependent on graphics from servers not under your control.


I seem to recall that they recommend doing it either way. I suppose it's
part of their plan to see how many people care about authoring the right
way (webserver log analysis).

Personally I'd make a local copy, though. Depending on another server has
it's risks, and usually adds delays to the page loading.

--
If you insist on e-mailing me, use the reply-to address (it's real but
temporary). But please reply to the group, like you're supposed to.

This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.
Jul 23 '05 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.