By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,924 Members | 1,651 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,924 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Serge: How are those ...

P: n/a
compatibility features coming along?

Wait 'till you get to this:

CREATE TABLE test (
charcol CHAR(2000),
charvaryingcol CHAR VARYING(4000),
charactercol CHARACTER(2000),
charactervaryingcol CHARACTER VARYING(4000),
nationalcharvarying NATIONAL CHAR VARYING(2000),
nationalcharactervaryingcol NATIONAL CHARACTER VARYING(2000),
ncharcol NCHAR(1000),
ncharvaryingcol NCHAR VARYING(2000),
nvarchar2col NVARCHAR2(2000),
varcharcol VARCHAR(4000),
varchar2col VARCHAR2(4000));

or this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test IS
decvar DEC(38);
decimalvar DECIMAL(38);
doubleprecisionvar DOUBLE PRECISION;
floatvar FLOAT(126);
intvar INT;
integervar INTEGER;
naturalvar NATURAL;
naturalnvar NATURALN := 0;
numbervar NUMBER(38);
numberfvar NUMBER;
numericvar NUMERIC(38);
numericfvar NUMERIC;
plsvar PLS_INTEGER;
positivevar POSITIVE;
positivenvar POSITIVEN := 1;
realvar REAL;
signtypevar SIGNTYPE;
smallintvar SMALLINT;
simplevar SIMPLE_INTEGER;
BEGIN
NULL;
END test;
/

<g>
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
University of Washington
da******@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org
Nov 9 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
7 Replies


P: n/a
DA Morgan wrote:
compatibility features coming along?
....
BEGIN
NULL;
END test;
Wow! I am humbled by this advanced technology.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 9 '07 #2

P: n/a
On Nov 9, 3:04 am, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.orgwrote:
compatibility features coming along?

Wait 'till you get to this:

CREATE TABLE test (
charcol CHAR(2000),
charvaryingcol CHAR VARYING(4000),
charactercol CHARACTER(2000),
charactervaryingcol CHARACTER VARYING(4000),
nationalcharvarying NATIONAL CHAR VARYING(2000),
nationalcharactervaryingcol NATIONAL CHARACTER VARYING(2000),
ncharcol NCHAR(1000),
ncharvaryingcol NCHAR VARYING(2000),
nvarchar2col NVARCHAR2(2000),
varcharcol VARCHAR(4000),
varchar2col VARCHAR2(4000));

or this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test IS
decvar DEC(38);
decimalvar DECIMAL(38);
doubleprecisionvar DOUBLE PRECISION;
floatvar FLOAT(126);
intvar INT;
integervar INTEGER;
naturalvar NATURAL;
naturalnvar NATURALN := 0;
numbervar NUMBER(38);
numberfvar NUMBER;
numericvar NUMERIC(38);
numericfvar NUMERIC;
plsvar PLS_INTEGER;
positivevar POSITIVE;
positivenvar POSITIVEN := 1;
realvar REAL;
signtypevar SIGNTYPE;
smallintvar SMALLINT;
simplevar SIMPLE_INTEGER;
BEGIN
NULL;
END test;
/

<g>
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
University of Washington
damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
What's your point?
How is this different from the trolling and spamming you accuse some
MS MVP's of in c.d.o.s.?
One would expect better behaviour from an Oracle Ace Director.

--
Jeroen

Nov 9 '07 #3

P: n/a
On Nov 9, 5:29 am, Serge Rielau <srie...@ca.ibm.comwrote:
DA Morgan wrote:
compatibility features coming along?
...
BEGIN
NULL;
END test;

Wow! I am humbled by this advanced technology.

Cheers
Serge
I have seen/heard some pretty amazing stuff at IDUG - Europe this
week, but I have to admit none of it can compete with the simplicity
of Daniel's inventive setup. Just brilliant!

You really should have been here in Athens, Serge.
Ah well, maybe next time in Warsaw, Poland.

Cheers

--
Jeroen

Nov 9 '07 #4

P: n/a
Jeroen van den Broek wrote:
On Nov 9, 5:29 am, Serge Rielau <srie...@ca.ibm.comwrote:
>DA Morgan wrote:
>>compatibility features coming along?
...
>>BEGIN
NULL;
END test;
Wow! I am humbled by this advanced technology.

Cheers
Serge

I have seen/heard some pretty amazing stuff at IDUG - Europe this
week, but I have to admit none of it can compete with the simplicity
of Daniel's inventive setup. Just brilliant!

You really should have been here in Athens, Serge.
Ah well, maybe next time in Warsaw, Poland.
Put a good word in for me at IDUG. I got rejected, as always.
App development is so unpopular...
Perhaps if I submit: "BACKUP, PERFORMANCE, OPTIMZATION, INTERNALS,
STATISTICS" the automated IDUG acceptance tool will let me through ;-)

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 9 '07 #5

P: n/a
Serge Rielau wrote:
Put a good word in for me at IDUG. I got rejected, as always.
App development is so unpopular...
Then I don't have to feel bad that my proposal wasn't accepted either - if
even yours got rejected... :-)

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Nov 9 '07 #6

P: n/a
Jeroen van den Broek wrote:
On Nov 9, 3:04 am, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.orgwrote:
>compatibility features coming along?

Wait 'till you get to this:

CREATE TABLE test (
charcol CHAR(2000),
charvaryingcol CHAR VARYING(4000),
charactercol CHARACTER(2000),
charactervaryingcol CHARACTER VARYING(4000),
nationalcharvarying NATIONAL CHAR VARYING(2000),
nationalcharactervaryingcol NATIONAL CHARACTER VARYING(2000),
ncharcol NCHAR(1000),
ncharvaryingcol NCHAR VARYING(2000),
nvarchar2col NVARCHAR2(2000),
varcharcol VARCHAR(4000),
varchar2col VARCHAR2(4000));

or this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test IS
decvar DEC(38);
decimalvar DECIMAL(38);
doubleprecisionvar DOUBLE PRECISION;
floatvar FLOAT(126);
intvar INT;
integervar INTEGER;
naturalvar NATURAL;
naturalnvar NATURALN := 0;
numbervar NUMBER(38);
numberfvar NUMBER;
numericvar NUMERIC(38);
numericfvar NUMERIC;
plsvar PLS_INTEGER;
positivevar POSITIVE;
positivenvar POSITIVEN := 1;
realvar REAL;
signtypevar SIGNTYPE;
smallintvar SMALLINT;
simplevar SIMPLE_INTEGER;
BEGIN
NULL;
END test;
/

<g>
--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
University of Washington
damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org

What's your point?
How is this different from the trolling and spamming you accuse some
MS MVP's of in c.d.o.s.?
One would expect better behaviour from an Oracle Ace Director.

--
Jeroen
Serge asked me to post here to continue a discussion: Ask him. <g>

Sorry about not clicking the sig lines. I try to remember to do so
when not in an appropriate group.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington
Nov 10 '07 #7

P: n/a
DA Morgan wrote:
Serge asked me to post here to continue a discussion: Ask him. <g>
I wouldn't call what you posted here a discussion.
Be constructive and you shall be treated with respect.
Constructive could be to download DB2 Express C and take the features
through their paces. I'll gladly take error reports and improvement
proposals. I'm not interested in you showing of how badly Oracle's
NUMBER type performs and their gazillion workarounds they had to do
because they overloaded INTEGER with NUMBER. All you are showing of is
complexity obfuscated under the veil of "capability".

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 10 '07 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.