470,596 Members | 1,370 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,596 developers. It's quick & easy.

PASSWORD MISSING - error

Hello All,

I have a rather strange issue here connecting to the database on an ESE
environment. A little background on the issue. The cluster is an 8
server, 64 partition system. So when I try to do a rah or db2_all "db2
connect DBNAME", it works just fine. However, when i explicitly try to
connect from server1 to node9 (which is on server2) it gives me an
error.

server1->export DB2NODE=10
server1->db2 terminate
DB20000I The TERMINATE command completed successfully.
server1->db2 connect to EDWDB
SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason
"3"
("PASSWORD MISSING"). SQLSTATE=08001
server1->

Also, found the following entry in diag log, which i am not sure
whether its related.

2007-01-04-10.53.15.641964-360 I2959089A319 LEVEL: Warning
PID : 1823088 TID : 1 PROC : db2bp
INSTANCE: db2edwp2 NODE : 000
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, Connection Manager, sqleUCappImpConnect, probe:150
RETCODE : ZRC=0x805C013E=-2141454018=SQLEX_PASSWORD_MISSING "Missing
password"

The servers are using ssh for connections and the KEYs have been
generated properly. As I said earlier RAH and Db2_all works just fine.

Any help figuring this out will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers !!

Jan 4 '07 #1
6 11161
db2_d_b_a wrote:
Hello All,

I have a rather strange issue here connecting to the database on an ESE
environment. A little background on the issue. The cluster is an 8
server, 64 partition system. So when I try to do a rah or db2_all "db2
connect DBNAME", it works just fine. However, when i explicitly try to
connect from server1 to node9 (which is on server2) it gives me an
error.

server1->export DB2NODE=10
server1->db2 terminate
DB20000I The TERMINATE command completed successfully.
server1->db2 connect to EDWDB
SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason
"3"
("PASSWORD MISSING"). SQLSTATE=08001
server1->
I guess you have AUTHORIZATION set to SERVER? Connecting to nodes residing
on the same machine works because you are already logged in at the server.
With nodes on other machines, you come from a remote client and DB2 doesn't
know who you are and what your password is. Therefore, you will have to
provide both (or set the authorization to CLIENT).

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Jan 4 '07 #2
I am not sure whether thats the problem here, for that situation shud
be taken care of by:

Trust all clients (TRUST_ALLCLNTS) = YES
Trusted client authentication (TRUST_CLNTAUTH) = CLIENT

And more over i verified on another server with a similar setup. It
does not have this problem. It lets me connect to any node without
giving this error.
Knut Stolze wrote:
db2_d_b_a wrote:
Hello All,

I have a rather strange issue here connecting to the database on an ESE
environment. A little background on the issue. The cluster is an 8
server, 64 partition system. So when I try to do a rah or db2_all "db2
connect DBNAME", it works just fine. However, when i explicitly try to
connect from server1 to node9 (which is on server2) it gives me an
error.

server1->export DB2NODE=10
server1->db2 terminate
DB20000I The TERMINATE command completed successfully.
server1->db2 connect to EDWDB
SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason
"3"
("PASSWORD MISSING"). SQLSTATE=08001
server1->

I guess you have AUTHORIZATION set to SERVER? Connecting to nodes residing
on the same machine works because you are already logged in at the server.
With nodes on other machines, you come from a remote client and DB2 doesn't
know who you are and what your password is. Therefore, you will have to
provide both (or set the authorization to CLIENT).

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Jan 4 '07 #3
db2_d_b_a wrote:
I am not sure whether thats the problem here, for that situation shud
be taken care of by:

Trust all clients (TRUST_ALLCLNTS) = YES
Trusted client authentication (TRUST_CLNTAUTH) = CLIENT
Those two settings are only relevant if AUTHORIZATION = CLIENT. Do you have
that?
And more over i verified on another server with a similar setup. It
does not have this problem. It lets me connect to any node without
giving this error.
Have you verified that the error message vanishes once you provide
username/password?

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Jan 4 '07 #4
I agree to certain extent your point is valid. However, what astonishes
me is that the same setting for the other server works. And the db2_all
and the rah command works just fine for both the servers.
Knut Stolze wrote:
db2_d_b_a wrote:
I am not sure whether thats the problem here, for that situation shud
be taken care of by:

Trust all clients (TRUST_ALLCLNTS) = YES
Trusted client authentication (TRUST_CLNTAUTH) = CLIENT

Those two settings are only relevant if AUTHORIZATION = CLIENT. Do you have
that?
And more over i verified on another server with a similar setup. It
does not have this problem. It lets me connect to any node without
giving this error.

Have you verified that the error message vanishes once you provide
username/password?

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Jan 4 '07 #5
db2_d_b_a wrote:
I agree to certain extent your point is valid. However, what astonishes
me is that the same setting for the other server works. And the db2_all
and the rah command works just fine for both the servers.
Then you have some sort of difference in the configuration of both servers
and it would be interesting to know what that is.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Jan 4 '07 #6
Thanks for all your assistance .. really appreciate that. And will
surely, update here if i find something worth regarding this.

Cheers !

Knut Stolze wrote:
db2_d_b_a wrote:
I agree to certain extent your point is valid. However, what astonishes
me is that the same setting for the other server works. And the db2_all
and the rah command works just fine for both the servers.

Then you have some sort of difference in the configuration of both servers
and it would be interesting to know what that is.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 z/OS Utilities Development
IBM Germany
Jan 4 '07 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by Colin Steadman | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by ablyplus | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by andrewcw | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Arsalan Ahmad | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by barry | last post: by
reply views Thread by =?Utf-8?B?RWQgT3R0bw==?= | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.