469,927 Members | 1,744 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,927 developers. It's quick & easy.

HOW TO SCHEDULE TASK IN DB2

HELLO EVERY ONE ! I HAVE TO SCHEDULED A TASK TO RUN EVERY DAY AT 4PM,
TO CHECK THE SIZE OF THE NOTIFICATION LOG FILE , IF IT EXCEEDS 5MB,
THEN I NEED TO RENAME THE FILE AND START WITH A NEW ONE .? ANY ONE HAVE
A SOLUTION HOW TO DO THIS ?

Nov 24 '06 #1
6 3476

nilesh soni wrote:
HELLO EVERY ONE ! I HAVE TO SCHEDULED A TASK TO RUN EVERY DAY AT 4PM,
TO CHECK THE SIZE OF THE NOTIFICATION LOG FILE , IF IT EXCEEDS 5MB,
THEN I NEED TO RENAME THE FILE AND START WITH A NEW ONE .? ANY ONE HAVE
A SOLUTION HOW TO DO THIS ?
Do you have a problem with your capslock-key? There are different
schedulers availible on different platforms. On unix/linux there is
crontab, I assume there is something similar availible on windows.

/Lennart

Nov 24 '06 #2
nilesh soni wrote:
CURRENTLY I AM PURSUING MY M.S AS A DBA SPECIALIST.
.... and:
I HAVE TO SCHEDULED A TASK TO RUN EVERY DAY AT 4PM,
Please demonstrate your DBA skill level:

1. Locate "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard;
2. Find relation between this key and one of 3 LEDs in upper right corner of
your keyboard;
3. While working on 2) part of this assignment, type something and observe
results; you can use Notepad for this part.

When completed, report back with your findings.
Jan M. Nelken
Nov 24 '06 #3

LOL - Jan - If I lose my job for LOL - I will have to give you the
credit ! :)
Jan M. Nelken wrote:
nilesh soni wrote:
CURRENTLY I AM PURSUING MY M.S AS A DBA SPECIALIST.

... and:
I HAVE TO SCHEDULED A TASK TO RUN EVERY DAY AT 4PM,

Please demonstrate your DBA skill level:

1. Locate "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard;
2. Find relation between this key and one of 3 LEDs in upper right corner of
your keyboard;
3. While working on 2) part of this assignment, type something and observe
results; you can use Notepad for this part.

When completed, report back with your findings.
Jan M. Nelken
Dec 29 '06 #4
Justin wrote:
LOL - Jan - If I lose my job for LOL - I will have to give you the
credit ! :)
I will gladly take credit - dismissal for LWW (Laughing while Working) is in
essene a good thing to happen ...

Jan M. Nelken
Dec 29 '06 #5
Justin wrote:
LOL - Jan - If I lose my job for LOL - I will have to give you the
credit ! :)
I will gladly take credit - dismissal for LWW (Laughing while Working) is in
essence a good thing to happen ...

Jan M. Nelken
Dec 29 '06 #6

Jan M. Nelken wrote:
nilesh soni wrote:
CURRENTLY I AM PURSUING MY M.S AS A DBA SPECIALIST.

... and:
I HAVE TO SCHEDULED A TASK TO RUN EVERY DAY AT 4PM,

Please demonstrate your DBA skill level:

1. Locate "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard;
2. Find relation between this key and one of 3 LEDs in upper right corner of
your keyboard;
Some KBs don't have that. Instead the light is integrated into the key
itself.

B.

Jan 2 '07 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

3 posts views Thread by Stephen | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by yindevil | last post: by
23 posts views Thread by pamelafluente | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by hgirma | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Dean Slindee | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by ami'n | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.