By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
454,236 Members | 1,289 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 454,236 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

set integrity command

P: n/a
I have 120 tables which mostly dependent to each other. Just did a
db2move for all data. Now causing SQL0668 error when accessing tables
with dependencies.
Now I am running SET INTEGRITY command for each tables one-by-one. :(

Is there a way to run SET INTEGRITY the parent table and cascade the
state to child table? If yes, what's the syntax?

Oct 13 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
mahhsuri wrote:
I have 120 tables which mostly dependent to each other. Just did a
db2move for all data. Now causing SQL0668 error when accessing tables
with dependencies.
Now I am running SET INTEGRITY command for each tables one-by-one. :(

Is there a way to run SET INTEGRITY the parent table and cascade the
state to child table? If yes, what's the syntax?
Take a look at the syntax diagram. SET INTEGRITY accepts a list of table
names.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab

IOD Conference
http://www.ibm.com/software/data/ond...ness/conf2006/
Oct 13 '06 #2

P: n/a
mahhsuri wrote:
I have 120 tables which mostly dependent to each other. Just did a
db2move for all data. Now causing SQL0668 error when accessing tables
with dependencies.
Now I am running SET INTEGRITY command for each tables one-by-one. :(

Is there a way to run SET INTEGRITY the parent table and cascade the
state to child table? If yes, what's the syntax?
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0000998.htm

Hint: SET INTEGRITY FOR tab1, tab2 ...

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Oct 13 '06 #3

P: n/a
Knut Stolze wrote:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0000998.htm

Hint: SET INTEGRITY FOR tab1, tab2 ...

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
But if any of the listed tables are not in check pending state, then
the entire statement fails.

Hint: I would really like to see this changed.

Oct 13 '06 #4

P: n/a
Mark A wrote:
Knut Stolze wrote:
>>
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0000998.htm
>>
Hint: SET INTEGRITY FOR tab1, tab2 ...

But if any of the listed tables are not in check pending state, then
the entire statement fails.
You can query the system catalog tables (SYSCAT.TABLES) up front to
determine the tables that need SET INTEGRITY to be run agains them.
Hint: I would really like to see this changed.
Then you may want to open a PMR.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Oct 16 '06 #5

P: n/a
"Knut Stolze" <st****@de.ibm.comwrote in message
news:eg**********@lc03.rz.uni-jena.de...
Then you may want to open a PMR.
--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
It's not a defect, rather it would be an additional feature that I would
like to see added (and a lot of other DBA's would like to see added).
Oct 16 '06 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.