By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
454,236 Members | 1,449 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 454,236 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Authentication Question

P: n/a
Question
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition(ESE) is running on Linux and needs to
validate the userids and passwords on the z/OS server for the DB2
clients connecting to DB2 for z/OS. Which of the following
authentication levels satifies this while providing authentication for
other DB2 ESE server?
A.ACS
B.DRDA
C.HOST
D.CLIENT
E.SERVER

Answer: A

I dont understand this question completely. Who can give me some tips
why the answer is A. Acutally I don't know what is ACS.

Thanks so much!

James

Sep 20 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
Sure that isn't "DCS"?

Larry Edelstein

Jimmy wrote:
Question
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition(ESE) is running on Linux and needs to
validate the userids and passwords on the z/OS server for the DB2
clients connecting to DB2 for z/OS. Which of the following
authentication levels satifies this while providing authentication for
other DB2 ESE server?
A.ACS
B.DRDA
C.HOST
D.CLIENT
E.SERVER

Answer: A

I dont understand this question completely. Who can give me some tips
why the answer is A. Acutally I don't know what is ACS.

Thanks so much!

James
Sep 20 '06 #2

P: n/a
I am not sure about it. It's just a copy and I donot know whether there
is any mistake.
Any idea?

Thanks

James

Larry wrote:
Sure that isn't "DCS"?

Larry Edelstein

Jimmy wrote:
Question
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition(ESE) is running on Linux and needs to
validate the userids and passwords on the z/OS server for the DB2
clients connecting to DB2 for z/OS. Which of the following
authentication levels satifies this while providing authentication for
other DB2 ESE server?
A.ACS
B.DRDA
C.HOST
D.CLIENT
E.SERVER

Answer: A

I dont understand this question completely. Who can give me some tips
why the answer is A. Acutally I don't know what is ACS.

Thanks so much!

James
Sep 21 '06 #3

P: n/a
If you are referring to V8, suggest you read here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0000294.htm

Larry Edelstein

Jimmy wrote:
I am not sure about it. It's just a copy and I donot know whether there
is any mistake.
Any idea?

Thanks

James

Larry wrote:
>>Sure that isn't "DCS"?

Larry Edelstein

Jimmy wrote:
>>>Question
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition(ESE) is running on Linux and needs to
validate the userids and passwords on the z/OS server for the DB2
clients connecting to DB2 for z/OS. Which of the following
authentication levels satifies this while providing authentication for
other DB2 ESE server?
A.ACS
B.DRDA
C.HOST
D.CLIENT
E.SERVER

Answer: A

I dont understand this question completely. Who can give me some tips
why the answer is A. Acutally I don't know what is ACS.

Thanks so much!

James

Sep 21 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.