By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
454,237 Members | 1,228 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 454,237 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

UDB 8.1 Win Fixpak 12

P: n/a
Hello,

does anyone know why on the IBM download section of the UDB Support page
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/support/
FP 13, 11 and 10 are listed prominently, but not FP12.

We tried fixpak 11, found you couldn't uninstall it with Windows installer(that
was great), this was fixed in 12.

We are now in the final stages in the process of deploying FP12 for DB2 Connect
and do not want to go through the whole testing process of another FP.

TIA, Chris
Aug 20 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
8 Replies


P: n/a
You can find all DB2 update/fixpack downloads, incl. FP 12, here:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...dows32bit.html
HTH, Oliver.

Aug 21 '06 #2

P: n/a
Christopher Keller wrote:
Hello,

does anyone know why on the IBM download section of the UDB Support page
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/support/
FP 13, 11 and 10 are listed prominently, but not FP12.
I have responded via e-mail (I have read-only access to newsgroups on weekends)
- but for the completeness here is the reply:

All DB2 fix packs are available from the links "Fixes by version" and/or "View
all downloads" at UDB Support page:

Download
- *Fixes by version*
- DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 13 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 6)
- DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 11 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 4)
- DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 10 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 3)
- *[View all downloads]*

I have spoken to person maintaining Web page and this obvious mistake is being
fixed right now - I am told.

Jan M. Nelken
Aug 21 '06 #3

P: n/a
Jan M. Nelken wrote:
Christopher Keller wrote:
>Hello,

does anyone know why on the IBM download section of the UDB Support
page http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/support/
FP 13, 11 and 10 are listed prominently, but not FP12.

I have responded via e-mail (I have read-only access to newsgroups on
weekends) - but for the completeness here is the reply:

All DB2 fix packs are available from the links "Fixes by version" and/or
"View all downloads" at UDB Support page:

Download
- *Fixes by version*
- DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 13 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 6)
- DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 11 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 4)
- DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 10 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 3)
- *[View all downloads]*

I have spoken to person maintaining Web page and this obvious mistake is
being fixed right now - I am told.

Jan M. Nelken
Hello Jan and Oliver.
Thank you taking time to answer my mails, even though the first mail was
admittedly inaccurate. I see that the support page has now been updated (but
they didn't have to put FP12 first just for me). Chris

Aug 23 '06 #4

P: n/a
"Christopher Keller" <cw******@web.dewrote in message
news:44**********************@newsspool3.arcor-online.net...
Hello Jan and Oliver.
Thank you taking time to answer my mails, even though the first mail was
admittedly inaccurate. I see that the support page has now been updated
(but they didn't have to put FP12 first just for me). Chris
FP12 is not all that great, so maybe you should skip it anyway.
Aug 23 '06 #5

P: n/a
Mark A wrote:
"Christopher Keller" <cw******@web.dewrote in message
news:44**********************@newsspool3.arcor-online.net...
>Hello Jan and Oliver.
Thank you taking time to answer my mails, even though the first mail was
admittedly inaccurate. I see that the support page has now been updated
(but they didn't have to put FP12 first just for me). Chris

FP12 is not all that great, so maybe you should skip it anyway.

Hello Mark,
Could you elaborate newsgroup off-line - cw******@web.de.
Regards, Chris
Aug 24 '06 #6

P: n/a
Mark,

I consider to install FP12, it would fix one known issue that effects
us. On the other hand it isn't critical. What do you mean by "FP12 is
not all that great"?!

TIA, Oliver.

Mark A wrote:
"Christopher Keller" <cw******@web.dewrote in message
news:44**********************@newsspool3.arcor-online.net...
Hello Jan and Oliver.
Thank you taking time to answer my mails, even though the first mail was
admittedly inaccurate. I see that the support page has now been updated
(but they didn't have to put FP12 first just for me). Chris

FP12 is not all that great, so maybe you should skip it anyway.
Aug 25 '06 #7

P: n/a
"Oliver Mensinger" <ol**************@rossmann.dewrote in message
news:11**********************@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
Mark,

I consider to install FP12, it would fix one known issue that effects
us. On the other hand it isn't critical. What do you mean by "FP12 is
not all that great"?!

TIA, Oliver.
FP12 introduced a few bugs. FP13 is out now and that is what I would
recommend.
Aug 26 '06 #8

P: n/a
Mark A wrote:
"Oliver Mensinger" <ol**************@rossmann.dewrote in message
news:11**********************@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
>Mark,

I consider to install FP12, it would fix one known issue that effects
us. On the other hand it isn't critical. What do you mean by "FP12 is
not all that great"?!

TIA, Oliver.

FP12 introduced a few bugs. FP13 is out now and that is what I would
recommend.

Hello Mark,
I'm sorry to say, that I don't find this type of general information all that
useful. Every FP fixes some bugs and introduces others. FP13 is new, are we sure
there won't be a FP13a coming? Each installation can check the PTFs of FP13 and
then decide. For example, seeing as we are at the end of the validation process
of FP12 we will stay with this (again DB2 Connect only), a quick review of the
PTFs did not warrent for us a further cycle of tests.
Regards, Chris
Aug 26 '06 #9

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.