By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
437,924 Members | 1,793 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 437,924 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Truss output - semget analysis

P: n/a
Guys,

I'm trying to determine if the application is issuing semget() calls
and fails. Hence I issued the command
truss -d -o truss.log db2 "connect to dbname"

Inside the truss.log file, the following lines are listed
0.1427 access("/IBMdb2/home/db2rtcl/sqllib/profile.env", 0) Err#2
ENOENT
0.1430 open("/IBMdb2/home/db2rtcl/sqllib/profile.env", O_RDONLY) Err#2
ENOENT
0.1432 lstat("/IBMdb2/home/db2rtcl/sqllib/.ftok", 0xFFBEEF34) Err#2
ENOENT
0.1434 semget(-2, 1, 0) = 3473440
0.1436 semop(3473440, 0xFE3A5CE8, 1) = 0
0.1437 shmget(-2, 0, 0) = 1204957224
0.1438 shmat(1204957224, 0, SHM_RND) = 0xFD400000
0.1441 semop(3473440, 0xFE3A5CEE, 1) = 0

But I dont know whether semget has succeeded or failed. Your help is
greatly appreciated. (I have posted this in Solaris group however I
would like to post in main DB2 group as well)

Thanks,
db2udbgirl.

Mar 30 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
3 Replies


P: n/a
I forgot to give the environment related info. I just have a db2
runtime client on a Solaris box

$ db2level
DB21085I Instance "db2rtcl" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release
"SQL08023"
with level identifier "03040106".
Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.0.96", "s050811", "U803921", and
FixPak
"10".
Product is installed at "/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1".

Thanks,
db2udbgirl.

Mar 30 '06 #2

P: n/a
I guess if the semget returns a number the semaphore is made and semop
is success when it returns a zero .
0.1434 semget(-2, 1, 0) = 3473440
0.1436 semop(3473440, 0xFE3A5CE8, 1) = 0
I am wondering in what context you need this information.

Mar 31 '06 #3

P: n/a
I got a poor performance from a DB2 Client which is on Solaris box.
When googled I found this technote
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
So I would like to check whether it is applicable in my case. And
apparently it worked in my case.

Thanks,
db2udbgirl.

Mar 31 '06 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.