467,923 Members | 1,839 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 467,923 developers. It's quick & easy.

Upgrade my db2 8.1 fixpak 6 to last release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have HP-UX ia64 and db2 version 8.1 fp 6, i want to upgrade to 8.1
fixpak 11, but when i tried to install it, i received the message that
my db2 version should be at least 8.2 . I think that i need to apply
tha fixpak 7 before the fp 11, but the fixpak 7 isnt available on the
IBM page.
Somebody knows how can i get the last release?

Mar 20 '06 #1
  • viewed: 2348
Share:
4 Replies
js*******@gmail.com wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have HP-UX ia64 and db2 version 8.1 fp 6, i want to upgrade to 8.1
fixpak 11, but when i tried to install it, i received the message that
my db2 version should be at least 8.2 . I think that i need to apply
tha fixpak 7 before the fp 11, but the fixpak 7 isnt available on the
IBM page.


Just use FP7a.

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Mar 21 '06 #2
Knut Stolze wrote:
js*******@gmail.com wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have HP-UX ia64 and db2 version 8.1 fp 6, i want to upgrade to 8.1
fixpak 11, but when i tried to install it, i received the message that
my db2 version should be at least 8.2 . I think that i need to apply
tha fixpak 7 before the fp 11, but the fixpak 7 isnt available on the
IBM page.


Just use FP7a.

There is no need to go to FP7 first.

Just apply FP11 straight up. Don't forget to run db2updv8 on your
existing databases to catch catalog changes/added functions/procedures....

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Mar 21 '06 #3
Maybe i have a error, because i tried to go directly to fixpak 11 and
the message was that i need al least my db2 version 8.2...

There isnīt hot link in the IBM web page to fixpak 7 or 7a for HPUX
IA64...
That's the problem...

Serge Rielau wrote:
Knut Stolze wrote:
js*******@gmail.com wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have HP-UX ia64 and db2 version 8.1 fp 6, i want to upgrade to 8.1
fixpak 11, but when i tried to install it, i received the message that
my db2 version should be at least 8.2 . I think that i need to apply
tha fixpak 7 before the fp 11, but the fixpak 7 isnt available on the
IBM page.


Just use FP7a.

There is no need to go to FP7 first.

Just apply FP11 straight up. Don't forget to run db2updv8 on your
existing databases to catch catalog changes/added functions/procedures....

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 Solutions Development
IBM Toronto Lab


Mar 22 '06 #4
kayak wrote:
Maybe i have a error, because i tried to go directly to fixpak 11 and
the message was that i need al least my db2 version 8.2...
You should post the complete error message. Maybe we're all off track from
you description and the issue is something completely different. As Serge
said, V8 FixPaks are cummulative and you should be able to directly move to
FP11 from any other V8 release/FP-level.
There isn¬īt hot link in the IBM web page to fixpak 7 or 7a for HPUX
IA64...


Have a look here: http://tinyurl.com/l63w6

--
Knut Stolze
DB2 Information Integration Development
IBM Germany
Mar 23 '06 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

6 posts views Thread by kenw | last post: by
1 post views Thread by sea | last post: by
20 posts views Thread by Mark A | last post: by
11 posts views Thread by pshindle | last post: by
reply views Thread by mike_li | last post: by
9 posts views Thread by mike_li | last post: by
8 posts views Thread by shenanwei | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by db2usr | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.