By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,611 Members | 2,296 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,611 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

FP10 Now available

P: n/a
FP10 is now available on the IBM website. It may not be listed on the main
support page yet, but is available once you select the platform.

Includes fixes for 400 APARs

Major Enhancements:
- Additional Query Patroller support for Linux operating systems
- Development Center enhancement for Java stored procedures
- Support for native DB2 driver for PHP
- Support for 31-bit applications on 64-bit Linux for zSeries
- DB2 Cube Views enhancements
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
7 Replies


P: n/a
I see from the Fixpackreadme file that the syntax is changed for the bind
command to bind the utilities to each database:
db2 BIND $DB2DIR\BND\@db2ubind.lst GRANT PUBLIC ACTION ADD

When I do this I get 29 errors - the package already exists.

What does the 'ACTION ADD' part of the syntax actually do ? Because when I
run the command without that part I get 0 errors.

Regards
Odd Bjørn Andersen
ErgoGroup AS
Oslo, Norway

"Mark A" <no****@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:0q********************@comcast.com...
FP10 is now available on the IBM website. It may not be listed on the main
support page yet, but is available once you select the platform.

Includes fixes for 400 APARs

Major Enhancements:
- Additional Query Patroller support for Linux operating systems
- Development Center enhancement for Java stored procedures
- Support for native DB2 driver for PHP
- Support for 31-bit applications on 64-bit Linux for zSeries
- DB2 Cube Views enhancements

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
"Odd Bjørn Andersen" <od**********@ergo.no> wrote in message
news:11***************@makrell.interpost.no...
I see from the Fixpackreadme file that the syntax is changed for the bind
command to bind the utilities to each database:
db2 BIND $DB2DIR\BND\@db2ubind.lst GRANT PUBLIC ACTION ADD

When I do this I get 29 errors - the package already exists.

What does the 'ACTION ADD' part of the syntax actually do ? Because when I
run the command without that part I get 0 errors.

Regards
Odd Bjørn Andersen
ErgoGroup AS
Oslo, Norway

Fixpack readme instructions are probably defective, as has been noted on
other occasions.
Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
Mark A wrote:
"Odd Bjørn Andersen" <od**********@ergo.no> wrote in message
news:11***************@makrell.interpost.no...
I see from the Fixpackreadme file that the syntax is changed for the bind
command to bind the utilities to each database:
db2 BIND $DB2DIR\BND\@db2ubind.lst GRANT PUBLIC ACTION ADD

When I do this I get 29 errors - the package already exists.

What does the 'ACTION ADD' part of the syntax actually do ? Because when I
run the command without that part I get 0 errors.

Regards
Odd Bjørn Andersen
ErgoGroup AS
Oslo, Norway

Fixpack readme instructions are probably defective, as has been noted on
other occasions.


The FP10 fixpak reamdes have been updated to explain that if packages
are already bound, ACTION ADD will result in SQL0719 errors, which is
expected.

Nov 12 '05 #4

P: n/a
Are there clear release notes hidden on the IBM site somewhere,
documenting all the new features in FP10? I've had a cursory hunt
around, but there's nothing that obvious I can see.

In particular, I thought I read something last week about self-managing
DMS tablespaces, but I can't find mention of it now - too much cheese
before bedtime, or was it really mentioned ?

Nov 12 '05 #5

P: n/a
James Conrad St.John Foreman wrote:
Are there clear release notes hidden on the IBM site somewhere,
documenting all the new features in FP10? I've had a cursory hunt
around, but there's nothing that obvious I can see.

In particular, I thought I read something last week about self-managing
DMS tablespaces, but I can't find mention of it now - too much cheese
before bedtime, or was it really mentioned ?

Not sure where you have been looking:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0012616.htm

Aslo check out the FP9 V8.2.2 What's new at teh same place. This is
where the storage enhancements are (they were added for SAP).

FP10 is featurewise lightweight (targeted to be APAR only) and you will
find that to continue throughout the lifecycle of V8 moving forward.

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 SQL Compiler Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 12 '05 #6

P: n/a
Thanks Serge. I think I must have had a brainless Monday, because a
cursory look today also revealed

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...manualsv8.html

complete with release notes. I must remember to RTFM in the future...

Nov 12 '05 #7

P: n/a
James Conrad St.John Foreman wrote:
Thanks Serge. I think I must have had a brainless Monday, because a
cursory look today also revealed

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data...manualsv8.html

complete with release notes. I must remember to RTFM in the future...

Nah that would be girly.. What's next? Ask for directions when driving?

Cheers
Serge
--
Serge Rielau
DB2 SQL Compiler Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Nov 12 '05 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.