469,625 Members | 1,444 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,625 developers. It's quick & easy.

V8 FP 8 : Restore error messages.

SS
Hi
I am trying to restore my database in V8 FP8. The first restore attempt
failed(because of an incorrect parameter I defined), so I issued the
command again(after correction!!). In version 7 this used to work fine,
but in version 8 it has showed me this error message in the
db2diag:(dbname changed)
2005-08-09-10.14.01.878677-420 I301783124C382 LEVEL: Warning
PID : 25672 TID : 1 PROC : db2agent
(SAMPLE) 0
INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000 DB : SAMPLE
APPHDL : 0-43 APPID: *LOCAL.db2inst1.050809171401
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, base sys utilities, sqleCheckForBackupRestore,
probe:10
RETCODE : ZRC=0xFFFFFBA1=-1119

2005-08-09-10.14.01.880057-420 I301783507C383 LEVEL: Severe
PID : 25672 TID : 1 PROC : db2agent
(SAMPLE) 0
INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000 DB : SAMPLE
APPHDL : 0-43 APPID: *LOCAL.db2inst1.050809171401
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, base sys utilities, sqlePrepareForSerialization,
probe:20
RETCODE : ZRC=0xFFFFFBA1=-1119

2005-08-09-10.14.01.880687-420 I301783891C364 LEVEL: Severe
PID : 25672 TID : 1 PROC : db2agent
(SAMPLE) 0
INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000 DB : SAMPLE
APPHDL : 0-43 APPID: *LOCAL.db2inst1.050809171401
FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, base sys utilities, sqleserl, probe:10
RETCODE : ZRC=0xFFFFFBA1=-1119
This message is repeating in the diaglog every 1 minute. I even tried
to issue a db2 "restore db sample abort" command but that returns
saying that no restore command was issued. There are no connections
shown to the database. Could someone help me know how I can work around
this?

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.
Thanks
SS

Nov 12 '05 #1
6 4716
SS wrote:
^^
If this is some kind of political statement, I would not expect much help.

It it's a joke, it's a bad one. But that's OT.
I am trying to restore my database in V8 FP8. The first restore attempt
failed(because of an incorrect parameter I defined), so I issued the
command again(after correction!!). In version 7 this used to work fine,
but in version 8 it has showed me this error message in the


Having the full command you tried would help people with analyzing this.

just my 2 ct's

Norbert
Nov 12 '05 #2
SS
Nobert,
I 'changed my working directory to my archieve directory.
cd /db2inst1/arch/db/
and then issued the command
db2 "restore db SAMPLE replace existing taken at 20050402190253"
but since I wanted this to run for the in nohup mode, I stopped the
command (control-C)
and then restarted
nohup db2 "restore db SAMPLE replace existing taken at 20050402190253"

I have stopped and restarted restores successfully in V7 without any
glitch, but this time it landed us up in trouble.
Thanks

Nov 12 '05 #3
Norbert Munkel wrote:
SS wrote:
^^
If this is some kind of political statement, I would not expect much help.


They're the dudes initials Norbert, chill out.

Art S. Kagel
Nov 12 '05 #4

"SS" <su******@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@g44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
Nobert,
I 'changed my working directory to my archieve directory.
cd /db2inst1/arch/db/
and then issued the command
db2 "restore db SAMPLE replace existing taken at 20050402190253"
but since I wanted this to run for the in nohup mode, I stopped the
command (control-C)
and then restarted
nohup db2 "restore db SAMPLE replace existing taken at 20050402190253"
Do not attempt to terminate DB2 command-line processes with ^C.
I have stopped and restarted restores successfully in V7 without any
glitch, but this time it landed us up in trouble.


Yes. Don't do that. You've got DB2 in a wierd state. db2stop, db2start,
and then issue the proper restore command and you will be fine.

--
Matt Emmerton
Nov 12 '05 #5
SS
Thanks Matt.
I tried that(db2stop,db2start).
But the restore would still print the above mentioned error message in
db2diag.log file at the 1 minute interval everytime I ran it.

I am just going to drop the db now and do a redirected restore instead.
lets see how that works.

Never thought the upgrade would make restore that fragile.

Nov 12 '05 #6

"SS" <su******@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
Thanks Matt.
I tried that(db2stop,db2start).
But the restore would still print the above mentioned error message in
db2diag.log file at the 1 minute interval everytime I ran it.

I am just going to drop the db now and do a redirected restore instead.
lets see how that works.

Never thought the upgrade would make restore that fragile.


If you can reproduce the bad behaviour (after getting things to work via
redirected restore), then I would advise you to open a PMR. Obviously,
hitting ^C is a typical thing to do, and if it messes things up, we should
get it fixed.

--
Matt Emmrton
Nov 12 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by Hakim | last post: by
9 posts views Thread by GL | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by satish mullapudi | last post: by
reply views Thread by mitrofun63 | last post: by
reply views Thread by gheharukoh7 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.