471,594 Members | 2,011 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,594 software developers and data experts.

Help with "SQL30081N A communication error has been detected"

I've just installed the DB2 Run-time client in a Solaris machine. Then
I finnish the installation configuring the connection:

1. machine catalog was OK:
==========================
$ db2 catalog tcpip node atlas remote dsroracle server 8100
DB20000I The CATALOG TCPIP NODE command completed successfully.
DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory
cache is refreshed.
2. database catalog was OK:
===========================
$ db2 catalog db ATPAMIC at node atlas
DB20000I The CATALOG DATABASE command completed successfully.
DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory
cache is refreshed.
3. Y executed a "db2 terminate"
===============================
4. And then tried to connect but I always get the same error:
================================================== ===========
$ db2 connect to ATPAMIC user a9odsp using a9odsp
SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication
protocol
being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".
Location
where the error was detected: "10.33.241.42". Communication function
detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s):
"146", "*",
"*". SQLSTATE=08001

Any idea about how to fix this error?
Thank you very much!

Nov 12 '05 #1
3 6885
Are you trying to connect to an Oracle database from a DB2 Run-time
Client? If so, this cannot be done. You need Websphere Information
Integrator.

Larry Edelstein

Laura wrote:
I've just installed the DB2 Run-time client in a Solaris machine. Then
I finnish the installation configuring the connection:

1. machine catalog was OK:
==========================
$ db2 catalog tcpip node atlas remote dsroracle server 8100
DB20000I The CATALOG TCPIP NODE command completed successfully.
DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory
cache is refreshed.
2. database catalog was OK:
===========================
$ db2 catalog db ATPAMIC at node atlas
DB20000I The CATALOG DATABASE command completed successfully.
DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory
cache is refreshed.
3. Y executed a "db2 terminate"
===============================
4. And then tried to connect but I always get the same error:
================================================== ===========
$ db2 connect to ATPAMIC user a9odsp using a9odsp
SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication
protocol
being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".
Location
where the error was detected: "10.33.241.42". Communication function
detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s):
"146", "*",
"*". SQLSTATE=08001

Any idea about how to fix this error?
Thank you very much!

Nov 12 '05 #2

"Laura" <lg*@tid.es> wrote in message
news:11*********************@g47g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
I've just installed the DB2 Run-time client in a Solaris machine. Then
I finnish the installation configuring the connection:

1. machine catalog was OK:
==========================
$ db2 catalog tcpip node atlas remote dsroracle server 8100
DB20000I The CATALOG TCPIP NODE command completed successfully.
DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory
cache is refreshed.
2. database catalog was OK:
===========================
$ db2 catalog db ATPAMIC at node atlas
DB20000I The CATALOG DATABASE command completed successfully.
DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory
cache is refreshed.
3. Y executed a "db2 terminate"
===============================
4. And then tried to connect but I always get the same error:
================================================== ===========
$ db2 connect to ATPAMIC user a9odsp using a9odsp
SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication
protocol
being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".
Location
where the error was detected: "10.33.241.42". Communication function
detecting the error: "connect". Protocol specific error code(s):
"146", "*",
"*". SQLSTATE=08001

Any idea about how to fix this error?
Thank you very much!


Error 146 is ECONNREFUSED (connection refused) on Solaris.

Is DB2 started on the server?
Do you have DB2CONN=tcpip set on the server?
Is DB2 listening on port 8100? (It normally listens on port 50000).

Or are you trying to connect to an Oracle database :)

--
Matt Emmerton
Nov 12 '05 #3
Sorry not responding before. The port number was wrong, the
installation was easy and perfect!. Thankyou very much.

Nov 12 '05 #4

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

reply views Thread by Martin Colmenares | last post: by
reply views Thread by XIAOLAOHU | last post: by
reply views Thread by leo001 | last post: by
reply views Thread by Anwar ali | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.