By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,334 Members | 1,266 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,334 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Size of "Indexes and Materialized Views"

P: n/a
Hello,

Is there any other way to determine the size of the current indexes and
materialized views for a certain database than running
DB2-Control-Center, selecting the database, and checking the size of
each index individually then sum them up ? (right click on index -->
estimated size --> current size).

Thanks

Regards,
Salem

Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
If you're on a recent fixpack of v8, you can this information at the
table level from a table snapshot...(size of data, index and long
objects for the table).

UnixSlaxer wrote:
Hello,

Is there any other way to determine the size of the current indexes and
materialized views for a certain database than running
DB2-Control-Center, selecting the database, and checking the size of
each index individually then sum them up ? (right click on index -->
estimated size --> current size).

Thanks

Regards,
Salem

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
If you do a 'get snapshot for tables on <dbname>' You'll get the number
of pages for data, long, and indexes per table (on recent versions of v8).

UnixSlaxer wrote:
Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Nov 12 '05 #4

P: n/a
Hey, I have DB2 v8.2, I tried get snapshop, but it doesn't say anything
about the indexes/views size.

get snapshot for tables on tpch

Table Snapshot

First database connect timestamp = 06/11/2005 18:44:36.235458
Last reset timestamp =
Snapshot timestamp = 06/11/2005 18:45:08.216660
Database name = TPCH
Database path = D:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00003\
Input database alias = TPCH
Number of accessed tables = 0

Sean McKeough wrote:
If you do a 'get snapshot for tables on <dbname>' You'll get the number
of pages for data, long, and indexes per table (on recent versions of v8).

UnixSlaxer wrote:
Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.


Nov 12 '05 #5

P: n/a
Monitor will only report on tables that have been 'active' this means:
1) table with inserts and updates
or
2) (if table switch is on) tables that have been read from

The table switch is really cheap to turn on...if you want to track your
sizes, I'd say flip it (dft_mon_table in the dbm cfg).

UnixSlaxer wrote:
Hey, I have DB2 v8.2, I tried get snapshop, but it doesn't say anything
about the indexes/views size.

get snapshot for tables on tpch

Table Snapshot

First database connect timestamp = 06/11/2005 18:44:36.235458
Last reset timestamp =
Snapshot timestamp = 06/11/2005 18:45:08.216660
Database name = TPCH
Database path = D:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00003\
Input database alias = TPCH
Number of accessed tables = 0

Sean McKeough wrote:
If you do a 'get snapshot for tables on <dbname>' You'll get the number
of pages for data, long, and indexes per table (on recent versions of v8).

UnixSlaxer wrote:
Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.


Nov 12 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.