By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
438,778 Members | 1,074 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 438,778 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Corrupted download files for DB2 8.2 PE Linux 2.6

P: n/a
I just downloaded the file

414465677 Jun 5 16:15 LNX26_V822_PE_x86-64.tar

from the IBM Web DB2 web site, and it looks like the file is corrupt.

N. Shamsundar
University of Houston
__________________________________________________ _____
[db2inst1@vmrha ~]$ tar tf LNX26_V822_PE_x86-64.tar
../pe/
../pe/db2/
../pe/db2/linux26/
../pe/db2/linux26/IBM_db2cliv81-8.1.3-88.x86_64.rpm
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Nov 12 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
Ian
vmrha wrote:
I just downloaded the file

414465677 Jun 5 16:15 LNX26_V822_PE_x86-64.tar

from the IBM Web DB2 web site, and it looks like the file is corrupt.


I just downloaded this file with no issues.

Nov 12 '05 #2

P: n/a
"Ian" <ia*****@mobileaudio.com> wrote in message
news:42**********@newsfeed.slurp.net...

I just downloaded this file with no issues.

Did you un-tar it?
Nov 12 '05 #3

P: n/a
It's a spooky coincidence, but that's exactly the same messages I got
when I tried to un-tar. Read my latest post on the "Latest stable
version" thread.

P. Adhia

Nov 12 '05 #4

P: n/a
P. Adhia wrote:
It's a spooky coincidence, but that's exactly the same messages I got
when I tried to un-tar. Read my latest post on the "Latest stable
version" thread.

P. Adhia

On Linux, my download was by straight HTTP download (FireFox browser). Just to check,
I did a second download on a different PC running WXP, using IE and Download
Director, and tried extraction using (i) Winzip and (ii) Cygwin-GNU tar. Same story.

So, it is no mere coincidence (unless there is a bug in Tar!) and no spookiness.

N. Shamsundar
Nov 12 '05 #5

P: n/a
Ian
Mark A wrote:
"Ian" <ia*****@mobileaudio.com> wrote in message
news:42**********@newsfeed.slurp.net...
I just downloaded this file with no issues.


Did you un-tar it?


Yes, of course.

Nov 12 '05 #6

P: n/a
Ian wrote:
Mark A wrote:
"Ian" <ia*****@mobileaudio.com> wrote in message
news:42**********@newsfeed.slurp.net...
I just downloaded this file with no issues.


Did you un-tar it?


Yes, of course.

Now, the plot thickens. Apparently, the Principle of Determinism does not apply to
downloads!

N. Shamsundar
Nov 12 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.