467,880 Members | 1,108 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 467,880 developers. It's quick & easy.

DB2MOVE problem between AIX and Windows

Hi,

I am trying to move DB2 8.1 database from AIX to Windows.

Following errors appears when I try to run db2move db import.

<IMPORT.out>
***** DB2MOVE *****

Action: IMPORT
Start time: Thu Aug 05 14:15:08 2004
Server: DB2 Common Server V8.1.2

*** Table "WASADM "."SOME_TABLE": ERROR -3089. Check message file
tab1.msg!
*** SQLCODE: -3089 - SQLSTATE:
*** SQL3089N A non-D record was found where a D record was expected.
</IMPORT.out>
<tab1.msg>
SQL3104N The Export utility is beginning to export data to file "tab1.ixf".

SQL3105N The Export utility has finished exporting "1514" rows.

SQL3150N The H record in the PC/IXF file has product "DB2 02.00", date
"20040609", and time "111332".

SQL3050W Conversions on the data will be made between the IXF file code
page
"1208" and the application code page "1252".

SQL3153N The T record in the PC/IXF file has name "tab1.ixf", qualifier
"",
and source " ".

SQL3109N The utility is beginning to load data from file "tab1.ixf".

SQL3089N A non-D record was found where a D record was expected.

SQL3110N The utility has completed processing. "20" rows were read
from the
input file.
</tab1.msg>

Is this somesort codepage problem? In my windows I have tried to create
DB with codepage IBM-1252 and with UTF-8 with the same result.

Another guess is that there is some error in that .tar file where from I
extracted data, but I also tried to extract that with linux without success.
Nov 12 '05 #1
  • viewed: 8586
Share:
2 Replies
You can verify that the export worked properly by re-importing it back
into AIX. I'd recommend doing this with a copy of a table instead of one
that is required for other uses. Assuming that the AIX import works;
then make sure that the transfer to the WIN platform is a binary transfer.

Phil Sherman
erkki wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to move DB2 8.1 database from AIX to Windows.

Following errors appears when I try to run db2move db import.

<IMPORT.out>
***** DB2MOVE *****

Action: IMPORT
Start time: Thu Aug 05 14:15:08 2004
Server: DB2 Common Server V8.1.2

*** Table "WASADM "."SOME_TABLE": ERROR -3089. Check message file
tab1.msg!
*** SQLCODE: -3089 - SQLSTATE:
*** SQL3089N A non-D record was found where a D record was expected.
</IMPORT.out>
<tab1.msg>
SQL3104N The Export utility is beginning to export data to file
"tab1.ixf".

SQL3105N The Export utility has finished exporting "1514" rows.

SQL3150N The H record in the PC/IXF file has product "DB2 02.00", date
"20040609", and time "111332".

SQL3050W Conversions on the data will be made between the IXF file code
page
"1208" and the application code page "1252".

SQL3153N The T record in the PC/IXF file has name "tab1.ixf", qualifier
"",
and source " ".

SQL3109N The utility is beginning to load data from file "tab1.ixf".

SQL3089N A non-D record was found where a D record was expected.

SQL3110N The utility has completed processing. "20" rows were read
from the
input file.
</tab1.msg>

Is this somesort codepage problem? In my windows I have tried to create
DB with codepage IBM-1252 and with UTF-8 with the same result.

Another guess is that there is some error in that .tar file where from I
extracted data, but I also tried to extract that with linux without
success.


Nov 12 '05 #2
Problem solved!

It was an extraction problem. It seems to me that Winzip cannot extract
tar file correctly. So after extracting that file in linux and binary
transfer to Windows evertyhing works fine.

Thanks anyway Phil!

erkki wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to move DB2 8.1 database from AIX to Windows.

Following errors appears when I try to run db2move db import.

<IMPORT.out>
***** DB2MOVE *****

Action: IMPORT
Start time: Thu Aug 05 14:15:08 2004
Server: DB2 Common Server V8.1.2

*** Table "WASADM "."SOME_TABLE": ERROR -3089. Check message file
tab1.msg!
*** SQLCODE: -3089 - SQLSTATE:
*** SQL3089N A non-D record was found where a D record was expected.
</IMPORT.out>
<tab1.msg>
SQL3104N The Export utility is beginning to export data to file
"tab1.ixf".

SQL3105N The Export utility has finished exporting "1514" rows.

SQL3150N The H record in the PC/IXF file has product "DB2 02.00", date
"20040609", and time "111332".

SQL3050W Conversions on the data will be made between the IXF file code
page
"1208" and the application code page "1252".

SQL3153N The T record in the PC/IXF file has name "tab1.ixf", qualifier
"",
and source " ".

SQL3109N The utility is beginning to load data from file "tab1.ixf".

SQL3089N A non-D record was found where a D record was expected.

SQL3110N The utility has completed processing. "20" rows were read
from the
input file.
</tab1.msg>

Is this somesort codepage problem? In my windows I have tried to create
DB with codepage IBM-1252 and with UTF-8 with the same result.

Another guess is that there is some error in that .tar file where from I
extracted data, but I also tried to extract that with linux without
success.

Nov 12 '05 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by TD Matthews | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Terry | last post: by
4 posts views Thread by Christos Kalantzis | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Alan | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Mani | last post: by
reply views Thread by mikeodba | last post: by
reply views Thread by MrMoon | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.