By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
459,380 Members | 1,621 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 459,380 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Need help about career

Ajay Bhalala
P: 119
Hello all,

I need your help.

I want to know that "Can I get admission in M.Tech after completing the B.Sc.IT?????" Yes or No???
If NO then
"Can I take admission in M.Tech after completing the first year of MCA?????"

or "I must have to complete the MCA to get admission in M.Tech????"
Jul 1 '15 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies

P: 278
Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if you can go for a Masters in Technology after a BS in Technology? I've never heard of a Masters in IT, but if "Technology" is Computer Science, then yes, that would be an acceptable path, but "Technology" is a different path that is more certificate driven. Normally, you should be able to go from a BS in Computer Science to a Masters in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Security. You might have to pass an exam to be accepted in the program, but it all comes down to how you sell yourself on the application and what references you have. Again, the IT world is strongly driven by years in the business and what certificates you have.

I really do hope that helps and if it doesn't please clarify the question.
Jul 3 '15 #2

Ajay Bhalala
P: 119
Thanks for your reply.

I am third year student of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.

I want to know that "Can I get the admission in the 'M.Tech', after completing my bachelor of science in information technology????"

Here, 'M.Tech' means 'Master of Technology', and the bachelor of science in information technology is 3 year course.
Jul 3 '15 #3

Expert Mod 2.5K+
P: 2,545
Hi Ajay. You will need to ask the universities concerned directly - we cannot give a general answer on their behalf. In Britain candidates would normally need to have an honours degree - a four-year degree - before entry to a Masters programme, but this varies from country to country and sometimes from institution to institution. You really will have to find this out for yourself from the admissions departments of the universities concerned.

Jul 3 '15 #4

Ajay Bhalala
P: 119

Thank you so much for your suggestion.
Jul 3 '15 #5

Post your reply

Sign in to post your reply or Sign up for a free account.