468,253 Members | 1,226 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 468,253 developers. It's quick & easy.

Dictionary Data Structure

I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck

can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++

Thanx in adv.

Aug 18 '07 #1
16 6217
I think of Hash Table or Tries

but the space required by them will be very large

Aug 18 '07 #2
ravi wrote:
I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck

can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++
Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

--
Ian Collins.
Aug 18 '07 #3
On Aug 18, 12:15 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.comwrote:
ravi wrote:
I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck
can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++

Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

--
Ian Collins.
C/C++

Aug 18 '07 #4
ravi wrote:
On Aug 18, 12:15 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.comwrote:
>ravi wrote:
>>I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck
can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++
Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

C/C++
There is no such language, are you using C or C++?

--
Ian Collins.
Aug 18 '07 #5
On Aug 18, 12:40 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.comwrote:
ravi wrote:
On Aug 18, 12:15 pm, Ian Collins <ian-n...@hotmail.comwrote:
ravi wrote:
I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck
can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++
Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.
C/C++

There is no such language, are you using C or C++?

--
Ian Collins.
Yes

Aug 18 '07 #6
On 2007-08-18 10:35:37 +0200, ravi <dc**********@gmail.comsaid:
>There is no such language, are you using C or C++?

Yes
Technically the answer is perfect... Like 'excuse me, do you know what
time is it?', answer 'yes'.

--
Sensei <senseiwa at Apple's mac dot com>

Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
(Donald Knuth)

Aug 18 '07 #7

ravi wrote:
I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck

can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++

Thanx in adv.
ternary search tree is the best

Aug 18 '07 #8
Malcolm McLean wrote:
>
"Ian Collins" <ia******@hotmail.comwrote in message
news:5i*************@mid.individual.net...
>ravi wrote:
>>I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck

can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++
Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.
No it won't. Algorithms are independent of the language they are
implemented in. Making the post strictly non-topical, though I think we
are maybe being too strict in rejecting all algorthmic questions.
Yes it will, the OP asked which *data structure* would be best.

--
Ian Collins.
Aug 18 '07 #9
On Aug 18, 1:53 pm, mani <manigand...@gmail.comwrote:
ravi wrote:
I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck
can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++
Thanx in adv.

ternary search tree is the best
Can you tell me how ?

Aug 18 '07 #10
Sensei <senseiwa at Apple's mac dot comsaid:
On 2007-08-18 10:35:37 +0200, ravi <dc**********@gmail.comsaid:
>>There is no such language, are you using C or C++?

Yes

Technically the answer is perfect... Like 'excuse me, do you know what
time is it?', answer 'yes'.
Indeed. Nevertheless, it confirms that Sturgeon was an optimist when it
comes to gmail-based posters. What "ravi" has missed is that the best C
answer is different to the best C++ answer.

--
Richard Heathfield <http://www.cpax.org.uk>
Email: -www. +rjh@
Google users: <http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/googly.php>
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29 July 1999
Aug 18 '07 #11
Op Sat, 18 Aug 2007 06:08:27 -0700 schreef ravi:
On Aug 18, 1:53 pm, mani <manigand...@gmail.comwrote:
>ravi wrote:
>>I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
features
* autocorrect
* autocomplete
* spellcheck
>>can any body tell me that which data structure will be best for its
implementation in C/C++
>>Thanx in adv.

ternary search tree is the best

Can you tell me how ?
You're using gmail, is this not a part of Google?
Look it up: 'ternary trees' gives 681.000 hits when I try!
--
Coos
Aug 18 '07 #12
# I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
# features
# * autocorrect
# * autocomplete
# * spellcheck

# Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

Which platform? I believe Mac OS 10 provides all this with a few
Objective-C calls.

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
Mention something out of a Charleton Heston movie, and suddenly
everybody's a theology scholar.
Aug 19 '07 #13
On Aug 19, 4:58 am, SM Ryan <wyrm...@tango-sierra-oscar-foxtrot-
tango.fake.orgwrote:
# I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
# features
# * autocorrect
# * autocomplete
# * spellcheck

# Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

Which platform? I believe Mac OS 10 provides all this with a few
Objective-C calls.

--
SM Ryanhttp://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
Mention something out of a Charleton Heston movie, and suddenly
everybody's a theology scholar.
No, I am using Windows XP

Aug 19 '07 #14
ravi wrote:
On Aug 19, 4:58 am, SM Ryan <wyrm...@tango-sierra-oscar-foxtrot-
tango.fake.orgwrote:
># I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
# features
# * autocorrect
# * autocomplete
# * spellcheck

# Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

Which platform? I believe Mac OS 10 provides all this with a few
Objective-C calls.
*Please don't quote signatures*
>
No, I am using Windows XP
You still haven't said which language you are using.

--
Ian Collins.
Aug 19 '07 #15

Ian Collins wrote:
ravi wrote:
On Aug 19, 4:58 am, SM Ryan <wyrm...@tango-sierra-oscar-foxtrot-
tango.fake.orgwrote:
# I want to implement a dictionary data structure with the features
# features
# * autocorrect
# * autocomplete
# * spellcheck

# Which language are you using? The answer will be different for each.

Which platform? I believe Mac OS 10 provides all this with a few
Objective-C calls.
*Please don't quote signatures*

No, I am using Windows XP
You still haven't said which language you are using.

--
Ian Collins.
I am using C programming language.

Aug 20 '07 #16
ravi wrote:
Ian Collins wrote:
>ravi wrote:
.... snip ...
>>
*Please don't quote signatures*
>>>
No, I am using Windows XP

You still haven't said which language you are using.

--
Ian Collins.

I am using C programming language.
You still haven't learned the fine art of snipping signatures.

--
Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Aug 20 '07 #17

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

57 posts views Thread by Egor Bolonev | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by rickle | last post: by
reply views Thread by Spur | last post: by
70 posts views Thread by jojoba | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by joe.kimbler | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Jordan | last post: by
14 posts views Thread by lee | last post: by
reply views Thread by NPC403 | last post: by
reply views Thread by kermitthefrogpy | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.