By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
432,441 Members | 996 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 432,441 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

problem with my .sl

P: n/a
Hi,

In my application's 'lib' directory I notice that an additional file
is present with a # prefixed to it apart from the library I built and
other libraries. For eg: if my library is called mylib.sl, I see
another file #mylib.sl with the same ls -l entries as mylib.sl other
than of course the name. I suspect this might be getting created
during install because the depot which contains this .sl does not
contain the #prefixed version. Not really sure how it's created. The
problem is, my java code throws an unsatisfied link error and cannot
find this library although it can find some other libraries in the
same directory. It so happens that mylib.sl is the only library I
build and I only consume the other libraries. Removing this # prefixed
file and restarting my application does not help. Has anybody else
faced a similar issue? Wud greatly appreciate any help.

Jun 13 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
2 Replies


P: n/a
jr***********@gmail.com writes:
In my application's 'lib' directory I notice that an additional file
is present with a # prefixed to it apart from the library I built and
other libraries. For eg: if my library is called mylib.sl, I see
another file #mylib.sl with the same ls -l entries as mylib.sl other
than of course the name. I suspect this might be getting created
during install because the depot which contains this .sl does not
contain the #prefixed version. Not really sure how it's created. The
problem is, my java code throws an unsatisfied link error and cannot
find this library although it can find some other libraries in the
same directory. It so happens that mylib.sl is the only library I
build and I only consume the other libraries. Removing this # prefixed
file and restarting my application does not help. Has anybody else
faced a similar issue? Wud greatly appreciate any help.
None of this has anything to do with the C programming language. Try
asking in a form that deals with your operating system or programming
environment.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks***@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center <* <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
"We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this."
-- Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn, "Yes Minister"
Jun 13 '07 #2

P: n/a
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 00:18:45 -0700, in comp.lang.c ,
jr***********@gmail.com wrote:
>Hi,

In my application's 'lib' directory I notice that an additional file
is present with a # prefixed to it apart from the library I built and
other libraries.
This is all _really_ platform specific and not anything to do with C.
You need to ask the specialists in your compiler & linker, or
possibly your operating system, in a different group.

--
Mark McIntyre

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
--Brian Kernighan
Jun 13 '07 #3

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.