By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
445,778 Members | 1,890 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 445,778 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

small projects to learn STL?

P: n/a
I'm coming back to C++ (from Java) and would like to spend
a few weeks working with STL. Is there a website or a
book with some small projects using STL that has complete
solutions?
Jul 19 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
5 Replies


P: n/a
The following articles get you started in STL:

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMa...n_patterns.htm

http://www.eventhelix.com/RealtimeMa...patterns_2.htm

Sandeep
--
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
EventStudio 2.0 - Generate Sequence Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams in PDF
Jul 19 '05 #2

P: n/a
di**********@hotmail.com (Digital Puer) wrote in message news:<80**************************@posting.google. com>...
I'm coming back to C++ (from Java) and would like to spend
a few weeks working with STL. Is there a website or a
book with some small projects using STL that has complete
solutions?


I would recommend Nicolai Josuttis' book The C++ Standard Libray - A
Tutorial and Reference. The STL portion of this book is the best
around IMHO.
Jul 19 '05 #3

P: n/a
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:57:12 -0800, Dan McLeran wrote:
di**********@hotmail.com (Digital Puer) wrote in message
news:<80**************************@posting.google. com>...
I'm coming back to C++ (from Java) and would like to spend a few weeks
working with STL. Is there a website or a book with some small projects
using STL that has complete solutions?


I would recommend Nicolai Josuttis' book The C++ Standard Libray - A
Tutorial and Reference. The STL portion of this book is the best around
IMHO.


Seconded, that is the book to get. While you're at it, get "Effective STL"
as a companion to that.

HTH,
M4
Jul 19 '05 #4

P: n/a
Martijn Lievaart wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:57:12 -0800, Dan McLeran wrote:
di**********@hotmail.com (Digital Puer) wrote in message
news:<80**************************@posting.google. com>...
I'm coming back to C++ (from Java) and would like to spend a few weeks
working with STL. Is there a website or a book with some small projects
using STL that has complete solutions?


I would recommend Nicolai Josuttis' book The C++ Standard Libray - A
Tutorial and Reference. The STL portion of this book is the best around
IMHO.


Seconded, that is the book to get. While you're at it, get "Effective STL"
as a companion to that.

Thanks for the book recommendations. I have been reading "STL Tutorial
and Reference Guide" by Musser. I am actually looking for small
projects that will allow me to apply my understanding of STL. Do the
books you mention have projects (and hopefully answers) at the end
of the chapters?
Jul 19 '05 #5

P: n/a
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:37:03 -0800, Digital Puer wrote:
Thanks for the book recommendations. I have been reading "STL Tutorial
and Reference Guide" by Musser. I am actually looking for small
projects that will allow me to apply my understanding of STL. Do the
books you mention have projects (and hopefully answers) at the end
of the chapters?


No. Josuttis is a tutorial and a reference, Meyers is a book with a lot of
tips on do's and don'ts. Both are indispensable in my opinion though.

But using the STL will come in handy on almost any project, so you don't
have to look for an STL book with projects per se.

HTH,
M4
Jul 19 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.