By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
446,227 Members | 1,376 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 446,227 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Visual c++ 2005 express edition

P: n/a
hello, i wish to download VC++ 2005. however, i am not sure about how
authentic my OS is. In short, i think my XP is pirated. i heard VC++ is
available for download on msdn.microsoft.com. is it safe for me to
download it?? Also, is "VC++ 2005 express edition" a good, standard
compiler-IDE? Is it wise for me to start on it?

Oct 4 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
15 Replies


P: n/a
"MC felon" <pa******@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@e3g2000cwe.googlegrou ps.com
hello, i wish to download VC++ 2005. however, i am not sure about how
authentic my OS is. In short, i think my XP is pirated. i heard VC++
is available for download on msdn.microsoft.com. is it safe for me to
download it??

For advice on how to avoid being caught for piracy, see

comp.crooks.piracy

--
John Carson
Oct 4 '06 #2

P: n/a

comp.crooks.piracy
i tried searching that group now, but it doesnt exist.

Oct 4 '06 #3

P: n/a

MC felon wrote:
comp.crooks.piracy

i tried searching that group now, but it doesnt exist.
Classic mistake. Its alt.crooks.piracy

Oct 4 '06 #4

P: n/a
Classic mistake. Its alt.crooks.piracy
tried it. not there too.

Oct 4 '06 #5

P: n/a
Its been disbanded? I blame Microsoft.

There used be a great source of warez at http://127.0.0.1

Oct 4 '06 #6

P: n/a
MC felon wrote:
hello, i wish to download VC++ 2005. however, i am not sure about how
authentic my OS is. In short, i think my XP is pirated. i heard VC++ is
available for download on msdn.microsoft.com. is it safe for me to
download it?? Also, is "VC++ 2005 express edition" a good, standard
compiler-IDE? Is it wise for me to start on it?
The wisest course of action would be to get your operating environment
to a state you can pursue C++ programming without worrying about such
nuisances. I suggest installing Linux if you don't want (or can't
afford) Microsoft Windows. Most versions of Linux are distributed with
a very functional compiler (GCC) and development environment (vi).

Programming is a difficult enough pursuit without any artificial
burdens placed on it.

Oct 4 '06 #7

P: n/a
lwz
vi is not exactly very windows-like and user friendly, so just use the
inbuilt gedit in GNOME desktop environment (distributed with most linux
distributions)

raisenero wrote:
MC felon wrote:
hello, i wish to download VC++ 2005. however, i am not sure about how
authentic my OS is. In short, i think my XP is pirated. i heard VC++ is
available for download on msdn.microsoft.com. is it safe for me to
download it?? Also, is "VC++ 2005 express edition" a good, standard
compiler-IDE? Is it wise for me to start on it?

The wisest course of action would be to get your operating environment
to a state you can pursue C++ programming without worrying about such
nuisances. I suggest installing Linux if you don't want (or can't
afford) Microsoft Windows. Most versions of Linux are distributed with
a very functional compiler (GCC) and development environment (vi).

Programming is a difficult enough pursuit without any artificial
burdens placed on it.
Oct 4 '06 #8

P: n/a
i really don't want to change OS. all i want to ask is.. "is it
safe?"..."should i avoid it?"... "where else can i get myself VC++ 2005
express edition?"

Oct 4 '06 #9

P: n/a

MC felon wrote:
i really don't want to change OS. all i want to ask is.. "is it
safe?"..."should i avoid it?"... "where else can i get myself VC++ 2005
express edition?"
What next? Do you want to have someone to hold the bag while you steal
cans of beer from a shop?

Do you really not see that no-one is here to help you steal software?

Oct 4 '06 #10

P: n/a

MC felon wrote:
i really don't want to change OS. all i want to ask is.. "is it
safe?"..."should i avoid it?"... "where else can i get myself VC++ 2005
express edition?"
Why not ask Microsoft? They are in the best position to answer youre
questions.

And put yourself on a proper footing with them. Explain where you got
you're software and ask them how you can validate whether it is genuine
or not.

They may be helpful. They may not. There is only one way to find out,
which is to contact Microsoft about your problems.

regards
Andy Little

Oct 4 '06 #11

P: n/a
MC felon wrote:
i heard VC++ is available for download on msdn.microsoft.com.
Yes, the free VC++ 2005 Express is available at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/ex...C/default.aspx
is it safe for me to download it??
As safe as any Microsoft product I suppose.
Also, is "VC++ 2005 express edition" a good, standard
compiler-IDE? Is it wise for me to start on it?
It is not a bad IDE at all, but the compiler is not the most
standards-compliant one out there.

As someone else suggested, if the legality of your OS is a real worry
for you (and not just "I don't want to get caught using a pirated OS
because I downloaded VC++ to write haxx0r toolz"), it would be
recommended to switch to Linux, which comes with a very good compiler
(gcc) as well as several IDEs/editors (anjuta, monodevelop (not sure if
that does plain C++ tho), emacs, vi, ...).
Oct 4 '06 #12

P: n/a
pkirk25 wrote:
MC felon wrote:
>i really don't want to change OS. all i want to ask is.. "is it
safe?"..."should i avoid it?"... "where else can i get myself VC++
2005 express edition?"

What next? Do you want to have someone to hold the bag while you
steal cans of beer from a shop?

Do you really not see that no-one is here to help you steal
software?
Yes, for some reason many programmers believe it is wrong to steal
other people's software. :-)
Oct 4 '06 #13

P: n/a

MC felon wrote:
Classic mistake. Its alt.crooks.piracy
tried it. not there too.
did you try alt.gullible ?

Oct 4 '06 #14

P: n/a
jj*****@yahoo.com wrote:
>
MC felon wrote:
Classic mistake. Its alt.crooks.piracy
tried it. not there too.

did you try alt.gullible ?
What's "gullible"? Whatever it's supposed to mean, it's not in the
dictionary.


Brian
Oct 4 '06 #15

P: n/a

MC felon wrote:
hello, i wish to download VC++ 2005. however, i am not sure about how
authentic my OS is. In short, i think my XP is pirated. i heard VC++ is
available for download on msdn.microsoft.com. is it safe for me to
download it?? Also, is "VC++ 2005 express edition" a good, standard
compiler-IDE? Is it wise for me to start on it?
Download from Microsoft.
It's perfectly safe. The worts thing that could happen is that they
tell you that your Windows is not Genuine. And there you should either
buy a genuine copy of Windows or switch to linux. For Linux you could
try Anjuta and wxWidgets.

Oct 5 '06 #16

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.