By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
435,081 Members | 1,885 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 435,081 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

why empty class has size 1 byte

P: n/a
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..
Ajay

Aug 22 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
7 Replies


P: n/a

"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..
Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

-Howard


Aug 22 '06 #2

P: n/a
Hi howard,
I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
for the URL..
Ajay
Howard wrote:
"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..

Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

-Howard
Aug 22 '06 #3

P: n/a
Ajay <aj**********@gmail.comwrote:
Howard wrote:
>"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..

Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Hi howard,
I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
for the URL..
Yes you did. In fact, you asked it 6 times, about 9 hours ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....75a08df240b66/

--
Marcus Kwok
Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply
Aug 22 '06 #4

P: n/a

"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

please don't top-post. I've rearranged this properly:
>"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..

Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
Hi howard,
I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
for the URL..
You asked it six times in a row earlier this morning! (The message subject
was "why is size of empty class is 1 byte".) If you didn't, then there's
another emailer at your email address (aj**********@gmail.com) who's asking
the same question!

-H
Aug 22 '06 #5

P: n/a
Hello Marcus,
Don be a freak...I posted it but i cud not see it
for a long time...so i thought it failed to post so i posted again...Be
cool man' :)
Ajay..

Marcus Kwok wrote:
Ajay <aj**********@gmail.comwrote:
Howard wrote:
"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..

Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
Hi howard,
I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
for the URL..

Yes you did. In fact, you asked it 6 times, about 9 hours ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....75a08df240b66/

--
Marcus Kwok
Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply
Aug 23 '06 #6

P: n/a
My apologies to you all....but i thought the connection is failed and i
cliked the SUBMIT button amny times....even after that i had gone into
MY MESSAGES whether my post has come ..it was not there so again i
posted in the evening...

Ajay
Howard wrote:
"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11**********************@m73g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...

please don't top-post. I've rearranged this properly:
"Ajay" <aj**********@gmail.comwrote in message
news:11*********************@b28g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
Hi all,
Please tell me why empty class has one Byte Size.
thanks in Advance..

Why are you asking this _again_? You asked that same question hours ago,
and it was answered.

I'm sure it's also in the FAQ, which you should read. That's at:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
Hi howard,
I did not ask this question before....anyways..thanks
for the URL..

You asked it six times in a row earlier this morning! (The message subject
was "why is size of empty class is 1 byte".) If you didn't, then there's
another emailer at your email address (aj**********@gmail.com) who's asking
the same question!

-H
Aug 23 '06 #7

P: n/a
Ajay wrote:
My apologies to you all....but i thought the connection is failed and i
cliked the SUBMIT button amny times....even after that i had gone into
MY MESSAGES whether my post has come ..it was not there so again i
posted in the evening...
Please don't top-post, your reply belongs after or interleaved with the
message you are replying to.

Welcome to Usenet, it takes time for your message to propagate, so you
should wait an hour or so before posing again.

--
Ian Collins.
Aug 23 '06 #8

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.