By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
458,166 Members | 1,738 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 458,166 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Texinfo C code source reference (through doxygen) ?

P: n/a
Good morning,

I am using doxygen to create a reference manual for C source code. Do
you know of a way to similarly create a texinfo reference manual (which
I would like to use in emacs info-mode, BTW) ? Maybe this is possible
through one of doxygen's already supported output formats.

Kind regards,

Olaf.

Jan 31 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
10 Replies


P: n/a
Olaf Wasmuth wrote:
Good morning,

I am using doxygen to create a reference manual for C source code. Do
you know of a way to similarly create a texinfo reference manual (which
I would like to use in emacs info-mode, BTW) ? Maybe this is possible
through one of doxygen's already supported output formats.


This is not a C question, so it is not topical on comp.lang.c
Before you say, "but this is a tool for processing C code," there are
literally thousands of tools for processing C code and if we answered
questions about all of them you would not be able to find the C
questions in amongst the tool questions.

Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.
Although my email address says spam, it is real and I read it.
Jan 31 '06 #2

P: n/a
Flash Gordon schrieb:
Olaf Wasmuth wrote:
I am using doxygen to create a reference manual for C source code. Do
you know of a way to similarly create a texinfo reference manual (which
I would like to use in emacs info-mode, BTW) ? Maybe this is possible
through one of doxygen's already supported output formats.


This is not a C question, so it is not topical on comp.lang.c


Therefore it is off topic in de.comp.lang.c as well, which is another
(btw. German speaking!) C newsgroup.

And, of course, crosspostings without fup2 are ... (put any ugly word in
here).

Fup2p set.

Claus
Jan 31 '06 #3

P: n/a
Flash Gordon schrieb:
Olaf Wasmuth wrote:
Good morning,

I am using doxygen to create a reference manual for C source code. Do
you know of a way to similarly create a texinfo reference manual (which
I would like to use in emacs info-mode, BTW) ? Maybe this is possible
through one of doxygen's already supported output formats.


This is not a C question, so it is not topical on comp.lang.c
Before you say, "but this is a tool for processing C code," there are
literally thousands of tools for processing C code and if we answered
questions about all of them you would not be able to find the C
questions in amongst the tool questions.

Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.
Although my email address says spam, it is real and I read it.


Sorry, but you got me wrong. My focus is on an automatically generated
reference manual for C code that I can use in emacs, preferably in its
info-mode. So I am looking for a tool that parses C code and enables me
to do literate programming. Doxygen, as an example, could be a good
starting point, because it generates a very good reference, however not
suitable for emacs (unless I use the EMACSen w3- or w3m-mode).
Hopefully, because there are "literally thousands of tools for
processing C code", there is one that generates texinfo. I haven't
found one searching the (Use)Net _beforehand_, maybe even texinfo is
not part of a viable solution.

Jan 31 '06 #4

P: n/a
Olaf Wasmuth wrote:
Flash Gordon schrieb:
Olaf Wasmuth wrote:
Good morning,

I am using doxygen to create a reference manual for C source code. Do
you know of a way to similarly create a texinfo reference manual (which
I would like to use in emacs info-mode, BTW) ? Maybe this is possible
through one of doxygen's already supported output formats.


This is not a C question, so it is not topical on comp.lang.c
Before you say, "but this is a tool for processing C code," there are
literally thousands of tools for processing C code and if we answered
questions about all of them you would not be able to find the C
questions in amongst the tool questions.

Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c


Sorry, but you got me wrong. My focus is on an automatically generated
reference manual for C code that I can use in emacs, preferably in its
info-mode. So I am looking for a tool that parses C code and enables me
to do literate programming. Doxygen, as an example, could be a good
starting point, because it generates a very good reference, however not
suitable for emacs (unless I use the EMACSen w3- or w3m-mode).
Hopefully, because there are "literally thousands of tools for
processing C code", there is one that generates texinfo. I haven't
found one searching the (Use)Net _beforehand_, maybe even texinfo is
not part of a viable solution.


No, I don't think he got you wrong at all. What Flash certainly got
right is that this (comp.lang.c) is the /wrong/ place for you to ask
this sort of question. This group deals with the C /language/ not tools
for processing the C language (apart from the compilers, and then only
to the extent of them being conformant to the standard or not, and how
they process the C language programs).

Also, don't quote signatures...

Cheers

Vladimir

Jan 31 '06 #5

P: n/a
Olaf Wasmuth schrieb:
Sorry, but you got me wrong.


No. _You_ got _us_ wrong!

Fup2p - XP withous fup2 is ... (we already had this).

Claus
Jan 31 '06 #6

P: n/a
Flash Gordon wrote:
.... snip ...
Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c


Why didn't you follow your own advice? I did.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
deny him the judgement of his peers, is in the highest degree
odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943
Jan 31 '06 #7

P: n/a
CBFalconer wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
... snip ...
Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c


Why didn't you follow your own advice? I did.


Because discussion of what is topical in comp.lang.c *is* topical in
comp.lang.c
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.
Although my email address says spam, it is real and I read it.
Jan 31 '06 #8

P: n/a
Flash Gordon wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
... snip ...
Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c


Why didn't you follow your own advice? I did.


Because discussion of what is topical in comp.lang.c *is* topical in
comp.lang.c


You sound as if you are not aware of what follow-ups do. They do
not affect the distribution of your reply, but only of further
replies to that. They can even be overridden by that eventual
replier.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
deny him the judgement of his peers, is in the highest degree
odious and is the foundation of all totalitarian government
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943
Feb 1 '06 #9

P: n/a
Olaf Wasmuth wrote:
Good morning,

I am using doxygen to create a reference manual for C source code. Do
you know of a way to similarly create a texinfo reference manual (which
I would like to use in emacs info-mode, BTW) ? Maybe this is possible
through one of doxygen's already supported output formats.

Kind regards,

Olaf.


GNU source-highlight generates Texinfo code and cross references
(relying on ctags)

http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/

hope this helps

--
+-----------------------------------------------------+
| Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it |
| http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/gengen |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
Feb 1 '06 #10

P: n/a
CBFalconer wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
CBFalconer wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
... snip ...
Please restrict any answers to the question to groups other than
comp.lang.c or at the very least set follow ups to exclude comp.lang.c
Why didn't you follow your own advice? I did.

Because discussion of what is topical in comp.lang.c *is* topical in
comp.lang.c


You sound as if you are not aware of what follow-ups do. They do
not affect the distribution of your reply, but only of further
replies to that. They can even be overridden by that eventual
replier.


I'm fully aware of what they do, but the most likely direct reply to a
message saying something is not topical is a message discussing the
topicality.
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.
Although my email address says spam, it is real and I read it.
Feb 1 '06 #11

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.