By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
454,915 Members | 1,280 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 454,915 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

vector<vector<Point3D> >

P: n/a
Hi everyone,

Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0, I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

I have as error message: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Could anyone give me suggestions?

Thanks!

hannibal
Jul 23 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0, I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

I have as error message: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Could anyone give me suggestions?


What's the size of 'pVector0'? You're trying to access the m-th
element of it, do you know if it even exists?

V
Jul 23 '05 #2

P: n/a
Victor Bazarov wrote:
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0, I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

I have as error message: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Could anyone give me suggestions?

What's the size of 'pVector0'? You're trying to access the m-th
element of it, do you know if it even exists?

V

The size of pVector0 is not known.
I wanted to add m empty vectors to the vector and to add the point pt3D
to m vector.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0.insert(pVector0.end(),m);
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);
Jul 23 '05 #3

P: n/a
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Victor Bazarov wrote:
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0, I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

I have as error message: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Could anyone give me suggestions?
What's the size of 'pVector0'? You're trying to access the m-th
element of it, do you know if it even exists?

V


The size of pVector0 is not known.


REALLY? Have you tried calling pVector0.size()?
I wanted to add m empty vectors to the vector and to add the point pt3D
to m vector.
If you add m vectors to the vector, what's their indices?

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0.insert(pVector0.end(),m);
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);


V
Jul 23 '05 #4

P: n/a
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Hi everyone,

Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0,
Are you sure this 'm' vector exists?
I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);


If that's the only 2 lines you wrote, there's a problem. The vector is
empty and you are trying to access it's mth element. Illegal.

If you want to add a point, you first need to add a vector of points.

std::vector<Vector3D> vector_of_points;
vector_of_points.push_back(a_point);

pVector0.push_back(vector_of_points);

Remember: pVector0 is a vector of vectors of points.
Jonathan

Jul 23 '05 #5

P: n/a
Victor Bazarov wrote:
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Victor Bazarov wrote:
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:

Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0, I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

I have as error message: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Could anyone give me suggestions?


What's the size of 'pVector0'? You're trying to access the m-th
element of it, do you know if it even exists?

V

The size of pVector0 is not known.

REALLY? Have you tried calling pVector0.size()?


I have tried calling pVector0.size(),
pList0.size() = 0
I wanted to add m empty vectors to the vector and to add the point
pt3D to m vector.

If you add m vectors to the vector, what's their indices?


I added m vectors at the end of the vector.


vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0.insert(pVector0.end(),m);
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

V

Jul 23 '05 #6

P: n/a
Jonathan Mcdougall wrote:
ha************@yahoo.fr wrote:
Hi everyone,

Here about what it is.

vector<vector<Point3D> > pVector0;

pVector0 is a vector of vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i] is a vector of 3D points.

pVector0[i][j] is a 3D point.

I wanted to add a point pt3D to the m vector in pVector0,

Are you sure this 'm' vector exists?

I have
write these two instructions which belong to a C++ program.

vector< vector<Vector3D> > pVector0;
pVector0[m].push_back(pt3D);

If that's the only 2 lines you wrote, there's a problem. The vector is
empty and you are trying to access it's mth element. Illegal.

If you want to add a point, you first need to add a vector of points.

std::vector<Vector3D> vector_of_points;
vector_of_points.push_back(a_point);

pVector0.push_back(vector_of_points);

Remember: pVector0 is a vector of vectors of points.
Jonathan

Thank you for your guys idea.

hannibal
Jul 23 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.