By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
440,496 Members | 1,489 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 440,496 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Does C++ raealy exists !

P: n/a
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000)
lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille
with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.

Thanks in advance !
ro***********@si.htnet.hr
Jul 22 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
22 Replies


P: n/a
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000)
lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille
with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


You are right; C++ does not exist. That is the reason why you could not
find any C++ code on the net.
Jul 22 '05 #2

P: n/a

Peter van Merkerk <me*****@deadspam.com> wrote in message
news:2m************@uni-berlin.de...
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


You are right; C++ does not exist. That is the reason why you could not
find any C++ code on the net.

GENIOUS !!!!!!!
THANKS !!!!
WHAT WITH TRASH CALLED C#
Jul 22 '05 #3

P: n/a
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000)
lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille
with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.

Thanks in advance !
ro***********@si.htnet.hr


http://www.google.at/search?q=c%2B%2...le-Suche&meta=
Jul 22 '05 #4

P: n/a

marbac <ma****@chello.at> wrote in message
news:Me******************@news.chello.at...
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.

Thanks in advance !
ro***********@si.htnet.hr


http://www.google.at/search?q=c%2B%2...le-Suche&meta=

WHERE THIS IS SOURCE IN C++ OF (1000-2000) Lines !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22 '05 #5

P: n/a
Robert Bralic posted:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some
small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.

Thanks in advance !
ro***********@si.htnet.hr

Fuck off fool.

-JKop
Jul 22 '05 #6

P: n/a

JKop <NU**@NULL.NULL> wrote in message
news:WH*****************@news.indigo.ie...
Robert Bralic posted:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some
small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source

that I can
compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.

Thanks in advance !
ro***********@si.htnet.hr

Fuck off fool.

-JKop


THANK'S FOR THIS KIND OF PROVEMENT OF EXISTENCE OF C++
Jul 22 '05 #7

P: n/a

"Robert Bralic" <ro***********@si.htnet.hr> wrote in message
news:ce**********@ls219.htnet.hr...
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000)
lines C++ proghram source.


Try:
http://sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Sumit.
--
Sumit Rajan <su********@myrealbox.com>
Jul 22 '05 #8

P: n/a

"Robert Bralic" <ro***********@si.htnet.hr> wrote in message
news:ce**********@ls219.htnet.hr...
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


I'm working on a proof that C++ exists, but so far it does not include
namespaces, multiple inheritance or partial ordering of function
templates. I'll let you know when it is finished.

For now, I have managed to prove that the basic "Hello, World!"
program exists (see Fig 1., below), so feel free to use it. It is just
a sketch, but you should be able to fill in the missing pieces.

Jonathan

----

Figure 1. A Hello World Program

[ preprocessor directives shown to exist in Lemma 5.13]

int main()
{
[ Result of substituting "Hello World!" for alpha in
Corollary 6.8 ]
} [ newline character (See Theorems 5.1-7) ]
Jul 22 '05 #9

P: n/a

"Peter van Merkerk" <me*****@deadspam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:2m************@uni-berlin.de...
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.
You are right; C++ does not exist. That is the reason why you could

not find any C++ code on the net.


Oh crap! Don't tell my boss or I'll get the sack...
-Gernot
Jul 22 '05 #10

P: n/a
Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

I'm working on a proof that C++ exists, but so far it does not include
namespaces, multiple inheritance or partial ordering of function
templates. I'll let you know when it is finished.


I have discovered a truly remarkable proof that C++ exists,
unfortunately, this post is too small to contain it.
Jul 22 '05 #11

P: n/a
Robert Bralic wrote:
WHERE THIS IS SOURCE IN C++ OF (1000-2000) Lines
Are you too lazy to search for it yourself or too stupid? Or are you
just a troll?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
(Terry Pratchett)

Jul 22 '05 #12

P: n/a

"Robert Bralic" <ro***********@si.htnet.hr> wrote in message
news:ce**********@ls219.htnet.hr...
I can't belive that C++ exists.


Like, dude, imagine if you will that the dirt under your fingernail contains
a microscopic particle that is, in fact, an entire alternative universe.
Now, consider the fact that WE might be living in a universe that is in fact
just a spec in the dirt under the fingernail of what we would consider to be
a "giant". Like, whoa! Somewhere in there lies the answer to your
question, ultimately, fer sher.
Jul 22 '05 #13

P: n/a

"Rolf Magnus" <ra******@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:ce*************@news.t-online.com...
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
(Terry Pratchett)


Nah, teenaged girls do that all the time.
Jul 22 '05 #14

P: n/a
jeffc wrote:

"Rolf Magnus" <ra******@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:ce*************@news.t-online.com...
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
(Terry Pratchett)


Nah, teenaged girls do that all the time.


So you agree? ;-)

Jul 22 '05 #15

P: n/a
"Robert Bralic" <ro***********@si.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:<ce**********@ls219.htnet.hr>...
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000)
lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille
with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


Just generate one yourself. Run this program to get your very own
~2000 line C++ program.

#include <iostream>

using std::cout;

int main() {
cout << "#include <iostream>\n\n";
cout << "int main () {\n";
for (int i = 1; i <= 2000; i++)
cout << " std::cout << \"Line " << i << " of output.\\n\";\n";
cout << "}\n";
}

--
Eric Schmidt
Jul 22 '05 #16

P: n/a

Eric Schmidt <es******@safeaccess.com> wrote in message
news:6e**************************@posting.google.c om...
"Robert Bralic" <ro***********@si.htnet.hr> wrote in message news:<ce**********@ls219.htnet.hr>...
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


Just generate one yourself. Run this program to get your very own
~2000 line C++ program.

#include <iostream>

using std::cout;

Nice joke !!
Thanks:Robert
int main() {
cout << "#include <iostream>\n\n";
cout << "int main () {\n";
for (int i = 1; i <= 2000; i++)
cout << " std::cout << \"Line " << i << " of output.\\n\";\n";
cout << "}\n";
}

--
Eric Schmidt

Jul 22 '05 #17

P: n/a

Peter van Merkerk <me*****@deadspam.com> wrote in message
news:2m************@uni-berlin.de...
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


You are right; C++ does not exist. That is the reason why you could not
find any C++ code on the net.


I think that this is realy very ugly lie becouse you can find and get a
milions of lines
of simple C,LISP,Java on http://www.gnu.org or Visual Basic Sources you can
eaven see macros in source in Word or Excel in Visual basic,and a famous
C++,Delphi
never anywhere.

I would like that God bee with you,I think that you are a good man,thanks.
Robert.
Jul 22 '05 #18

P: n/a

Peter van Merkerk <me*****@deadspam.com> wrote in message
news:2m************@uni-berlin.de...
Robert Bralic wrote:
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some small(1000-2000) lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can compille with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


You are right; C++ does not exist. That is the reason why you could not
find any C++ code on the net.


I think that this is realy very ugly lie becouse you can find and get a
milions of lines of:(simple C),LISP,Java on http://www.gnu.org or Visual
Basic Sources you can
eaven see macros in source in Word or Excel in Visual basic,and a famous
C++,Delphi
never anywhere.

I would like that God bee with you,I think that you are a good man,thanks.
Robert.


Jul 22 '05 #19

P: n/a

"Rolf Magnus" <ra******@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:ce*************@news.t-online.com...
jeffc wrote:

"Rolf Magnus" <ra******@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:ce*************@news.t-online.com...
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
(Terry Pratchett)


Nah, teenaged girls do that all the time.


So you agree? ;-)


Just the sign of an immature mind.
Jul 22 '05 #20

P: n/a

Jonathan Turkanis <te******@kangaroologic.com> wrote in message
news:2m************@uni-berlin.de...

"Robert Bralic" <ro***********@si.htnet.hr> wrote in message
news:ce**********@ls219.htnet.hr...
CAN anybody tell me any address where I can download some

small(1000-2000)
lines C++ proghram source.
Or send me ,a small(1000-2000) lines C++ program source that I can

compille
with gpp under Linux Suse 7.1.
I can't belive that C++ exists.


I'm working on a proof that C++ exists, but so far it does not include
namespaces, multiple inheritance or partial ordering of function
templates. I'll let you know when it is finished.

For now, I have managed to prove that the basic "Hello, World!"
program exists (see Fig 1., below), so feel free to use it. It is just
a sketch, but you should be able to fill in the missing pieces.

Jonathan

----

Figure 1. A Hello World Program

[ preprocessor directives shown to exist in Lemma 5.13]

int main()
{
[ Result of substituting "Hello World!" for alpha in
Corollary 6.8 ]
} [ newline character (See Theorems 5.1-7) ]

Noubody sended mee a small progrma in C++ or Delphi of you,

so I have a heap of mails to read from honesty people that knows that
Delphi and C++ doesent work !
Godbye ,Robert !
Jul 22 '05 #21

P: n/a
Robert Bralic wrote:
Noubody sended mee a small progrma in C++ or Delphi of you,


so I have a heap of mails to read from honesty people that knows that
Delphi and C++ doesent work !
Godbye ,Robert !


I really don't understand. Please expand your definition
of "Delphi and C++ doesn't work!".

Anybody can write a _program_ in a language that doesn't
fulfill its requirements. For example, the following
program is required to print the number 5:
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>

int main(void)
{
std::cout << 7 << std::endl;
return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

The above program translates fine, but produces the
wrong behavior, it doesn't "work".

In another example below, the program is required
to print the word "rain":
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>

int main(void)
{
rain; // Syntax error, "rain" is not defined.
return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

The above _program_ does not work because it
fails the translation phase due to a identifier
that is not defined.

The _language_ may not _work_ for applications
that it was not designed for. For example, a
hammer does not work for flipping a pancake,
it was not designed for that purpose. The
_standard_ C++ does not work for creating graphical
windows or turning on the segments of a Hex
Display. However, the language allows for
non-standard "extensions". So it can be adapted
to "work" for many situations.

Because someone has not fulfilled your request
for a 1000-2000 line program has no indication
whether the language "works". Also, the size
of a program has no indication whether a language
"works" or not. See the above examples of small
programs.

And then there is always the issue of how you
define a "line" of a program. Can I send you
1000 lines of comments? Can I send you a program
where large functions are only one a huge (100
character) line? Would you prefer an obfuscated
one? Search the web for "programming metrics".

How did you come up with the range of 1000 to
2000 lines?

In this newsgroup, we like to see definitions and
facts and explanations. Additional background
information (such as why you need this information)
is a bonus.

So do you say a hammer doesn't work if you are
using it like a kite? or an airplane?

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
C++ Faq: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite
C Faq: http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/c-faq/top.html
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
http://www.comeaucomputing.com/learn/faq/
Other sites:
http://www.josuttis.com -- C++ STL Library book
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl -- Standard Template Library

Jul 22 '05 #22

P: n/a
stu
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:57:06 +0200, Rolf Magnus <ra******@t-online.de>
wrote:
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."
(Terry Pratchett)


" SQUEAK! " said the Death of Rats.
Jul 22 '05 #23

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.