By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
443,652 Members | 1,358 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 443,652 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Print a page in 70% of it's size

P: n/a
Hi,

I've a document which i'm creating and printing.
i want to print 2 copies:

1. regular A4 copy
2. 70% of A4 size (like in copy machine, where you can choose the size of
copy).

how can i do that?
thanks,
Gidi.
Jun 27 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Hi Gidi,

I haven't tested it, but in your printing code I believe you should be able
to adjust the Graphics object to scale down to 70% the normal size, which
would cause the printed output to be reduced to 70% as well.

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]
"Gidi" wrote:
Hi,

I've a document which i'm creating and printing.
i want to print 2 copies:

1. regular A4 copy
2. 70% of A4 size (like in copy machine, where you can choose the size of
copy).

how can i do that?
thanks,
Gidi.
Jun 27 '08 #2

P: n/a
Thanks,

but can you give me an example or something to look for in the interent?

Thanks,
Gidi.

"Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]" wrote:
Hi Gidi,

I haven't tested it, but in your printing code I believe you should be able
to adjust the Graphics object to scale down to 70% the normal size, which
would cause the printed output to be reduced to 70% as well.

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]
"Gidi" wrote:
Hi,

I've a document which i'm creating and printing.
i want to print 2 copies:

1. regular A4 copy
2. 70% of A4 size (like in copy machine, where you can choose the size of
copy).

how can i do that?
thanks,
Gidi.
Jun 27 '08 #3

P: n/a
Hi Again,

i found the PageScale property, and as i understand it changes my page size
(in my case it's 70% smaller).

the problem is that if i use it, it doesn't effect the font size or the
image size that i'm drawing(printing).

is that mean that i have to have 2 different class, one for printing my
document in A4 Size and the second to print it 70% smaller?

thanks,
Gidi.

"Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]" wrote:
Hi Gidi,

I haven't tested it, but in your printing code I believe you should be able
to adjust the Graphics object to scale down to 70% the normal size, which
would cause the printed output to be reduced to 70% as well.

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]
"Gidi" wrote:
Hi,

I've a document which i'm creating and printing.
i want to print 2 copies:

1. regular A4 copy
2. 70% of A4 size (like in copy machine, where you can choose the size of
copy).

how can i do that?
thanks,
Gidi.
Jun 27 '08 #4

P: n/a
On Fri, 09 May 2008 05:52:01 -0700, Gidi <sh*****@hotmail.com.dontspam>
wrote:
i found the PageScale property, and as i understand it changes my page
size
(in my case it's 70% smaller).
If you're talking about the Graphics.PageScale property, it doesn't
exactly change your page size. It changes the scaling between "world
coordinates" and "page units". This is probably not exactly what you want
because...
the problem is that if i use it, it doesn't effect the font size or the
image size that i'm drawing(printing).
Right, because those things carry with them their own units that are
applied independently. I think that there may be some way to adjust how
those are drawn. However, there's a simpler way. Use the
Graphics.ScaleTransform() method instead. This works similarly to how the
PageScale property does, but should apply equally to _all_ graphics
rendered.
is that mean that i have to have 2 different class, one for printing my
document in A4 Size and the second to print it 70% smaller?
Whether you need two different classes depends on how you've designed your
code. It's entirely possible to design a single class such that it allows
you to specify scaling that's applied when it draws its graphics. Whether
you follow that approach or use two different classes is up to you.

Pete
Jun 27 '08 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.