By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
425,588 Members | 1,920 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 425,588 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Hooking DLL

P: n/a
Hi,
I want to create a dll in Visual Studio 2003 that is suitable for
hooking thread-specific messages. What sort of project do i need to
create for this?

Many thanks,
James Randle.

Jan 16 '07 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
6 Replies


P: n/a
>I want to create a dll in Visual Studio 2003 that is suitable for
>hooking thread-specific messages. What sort of project do i need to
create for this?
Probably a class library project.
Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
Please reply only to the newsgroup.
Jan 16 '07 #2

P: n/a
OK, thanks!

Do i need to set any additional compliation flags, etc..

Cheers again,
James.
Mattias Sjögren wrote:
I want to create a dll in Visual Studio 2003 that is suitable for
hooking thread-specific messages. What sort of project do i need to
create for this?

Probably a class library project.
Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
Please reply only to the newsgroup.
Jan 16 '07 #3

P: n/a
Hi,

The only Class Library project is marked (.NET)!

James.
pigeonrandle wrote:
OK, thanks!

Do i need to set any additional compliation flags, etc..

Cheers again,
James.
Mattias Sjögren wrote:
>I want to create a dll in Visual Studio 2003 that is suitable for
>hooking thread-specific messages. What sort of project do i need to
>create for this?
Probably a class library project.
Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
Please reply only to the newsgroup.
Jan 16 '07 #4

P: n/a
Here's something a generous person just found for me!

http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread284744.html

If you need a native DLL, it's more tricky. You choose New
Project -Win32 Console Application, click OK, and then read the
options carefully and you should find a radio button in the wizard that
switches to DLL mode. In VC++ 2003 it's pretty much hidden (it took me
a
while to find the first time), in 2005 it's much more visible (use the
Next button in the wizard).
pigeonrandle wrote:
Hi,

The only Class Library project is marked (.NET)!

James.
pigeonrandle wrote:
OK, thanks!

Do i need to set any additional compliation flags, etc..

Cheers again,
James.
Mattias Sjögren wrote:
I want to create a dll in Visual Studio 2003 that is suitable for
hooking thread-specific messages. What sort of project do i need to
create for this?
>
Probably a class library project.
>
>
Mattias
>
--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
Please reply only to the newsgroup.
Jan 16 '07 #5

P: n/a
>The only Class Library project is marked (.NET)!

I assumed you meant C# projects since you're posting in a C#
newsgroup. Silly me.
Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
Please reply only to the newsgroup.
Jan 16 '07 #6

P: n/a
Mattias,
Don't be so hard on yourself :0P - it was an easy enough mistake to
make since i was infact rather vague with my description. Apologies.

James.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...79700039c6adc6

contains the solution i was looking for...ye haw.
Mattias Sjögren wrote:
The only Class Library project is marked (.NET)!

I assumed you meant C# projects since you're posting in a C#
newsgroup. Silly me.
Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
Please reply only to the newsgroup.
Jan 17 '07 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.