473,241 Members | 1,666 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post Job

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 473,241 software developers and data experts.

Streaming MP4 in C#

Is there any good way to stream MP4 in C#? Are there any samples on how
to decode MP4 and stream it over the Internet?

Dec 29 '05 #1
4 14428
Check ou the Microsoft Windows Media Encoder. It's a free download.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

"Nuno Magalhaes" <nu************@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
Is there any good way to stream MP4 in C#? Are there any samples on how
to decode MP4 and stream it over the Internet?

Dec 29 '05 #2
Tried Windows Media Encoder 9 and it said that one or more codecs were
not found. Any suggestions? Do you know where can I download the codecs
since WME9 doesn't come with them and only QuickTime 7 will play MP4
and 3GP files.

Thanks.

Kevin Spencer wrote:
Check ou the Microsoft Windows Media Encoder. It's a free download.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

"Nuno Magalhaes" <nu************@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
Is there any good way to stream MP4 in C#? Are there any samples on how
to decode MP4 and stream it over the Internet?


Dec 29 '05 #3
Have you tried google? I found a long list. Here's the search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...r%22+MP4+codec

--Peter
--
Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com


"Nuno Magalhaes" wrote:
Tried Windows Media Encoder 9 and it said that one or more codecs were
not found. Any suggestions? Do you know where can I download the codecs
since WME9 doesn't come with them and only QuickTime 7 will play MP4
and 3GP files.

Thanks.

Kevin Spencer wrote:
Check ou the Microsoft Windows Media Encoder. It's a free download.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

"Nuno Magalhaes" <nu************@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
Is there any good way to stream MP4 in C#? Are there any samples on how
to decode MP4 and stream it over the Internet?


Dec 29 '05 #4
It works with the 3ivx codec but it's shareware. I don't get it. Why
(with WME9) some files doesn't support to be looped if the WMP loops
them? Why doesn't it support 3GPP (*.3gp) files if QuickTime 7 supports
it? Do you know where to download de 3GPP codecs?

Thanks again.

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP] wrote:
Have you tried google? I found a long list. Here's the search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...r%22+MP4+codec

--Peter
--
Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com


"Nuno Magalhaes" wrote:
Tried Windows Media Encoder 9 and it said that one or more codecs were
not found. Any suggestions? Do you know where can I download the codecs
since WME9 doesn't come with them and only QuickTime 7 will play MP4
and 3GP files.

Thanks.

Kevin Spencer wrote:
Check ou the Microsoft Windows Media Encoder. It's a free download.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
.Net Developer
You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
but it takes a very long time,
and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

"Nuno Magalhaes" <nu************@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:11*********************@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> Is there any good way to stream MP4 in C#? Are there any samples on how
> to decode MP4 and stream it over the Internet?
>



Dec 30 '05 #5

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

22
by: googlegroups | last post by:
I am playing with the XMLHTTPRequest method to perform client/server transactions. I have it set up right now so that when readyState is 4, it takes the XML and processes it. This works great until...
5
by: John | last post by:
Hi all, I have an (well, what I think to be, at least) interesting question: Is it possible to stream data down to the client and, after a certain amount of data has been streamed, allow the...
3
by: A.M-SG | last post by:
Hi, I have a ASP.NET aspx file that needs to pass large images from a network storage to client browser. The requirement is that users cannot have access to the network share. The aspx file...
2
by: mpaliath | last post by:
Hi guys I am currently involved in a project which requires me to recieve and play streaming video as well as send it. In Visual C++ is there any free library which helps me do this as...
8
by: Amjad | last post by:
Hi i am writing a application where i want to browse video file and copy data into stream and send that stream over network...I have develop P2P windows application where i successfully transfer...
2
by: SPG | last post by:
Hi, Two questions for you all.. Firstly, is there a way of streaming video using PHP? At the moment I just have a link to a video file and the whole thing downloads before playing which is a...
8
by: Tony K | last post by:
Is streaming audio capable in asp.net 2.0 / AJAX? What I mean by streaming audio is: ability to play one or more songs back to back...or maybe even let the user select several songs to play and it...
5
by: pmakoi | last post by:
dear all this might be a piece of cake for some of you out there but it is causing me a lot of stress given the fact that there is not enogh documentation out there regarding this topic I am...
3
by: Brad | last post by:
I have an aspx page that is sending pdf files to client browsers: it uses a filestream to read the pdf file and response.binarywrite to send content to the browser. This has worked great for years...
1
by: Faisal Shafiq | last post by:
I want to upload a file direct to the Silverlight Streaming Service from a Web Client such as silverlight application. As per our product requirement we want to upload a .WMV file directly from...
0
by: abbasky | last post by:
### Vandf component communication method one: data sharing ​ Vandf components can achieve data exchange through data sharing, state sharing, events, and other methods. Vandf's data exchange method...
0
by: fareedcanada | last post by:
Hello I am trying to split number on their count. suppose i have 121314151617 (12cnt) then number should be split like 12,13,14,15,16,17 and if 11314151617 (11cnt) then should be split like...
0
by: stefan129 | last post by:
Hey forum members, I'm exploring options for SSL certificates for multiple domains. Has anyone had experience with multi-domain SSL certificates? Any recommendations on reliable providers or specific...
1
by: davi5007 | last post by:
Hi, Basically, I am trying to automate a field named TraceabilityNo into a web page from an access form. I've got the serial held in the variable strSearchString. How can I get this into the...
0
by: MeoLessi9 | last post by:
I have VirtualBox installed on Windows 11 and now I would like to install Kali on a virtual machine. However, on the official website, I see two options: "Installer images" and "Virtual machines"....
0
by: Aftab Ahmad | last post by:
Hello Experts! I have written a code in MS Access for a cmd called "WhatsApp Message" to open WhatsApp using that very code but the problem is that it gives a popup message everytime I clicked on...
0
by: Aftab Ahmad | last post by:
So, I have written a code for a cmd called "Send WhatsApp Message" to open and send WhatsApp messaage. The code is given below. Dim IE As Object Set IE =...
0
by: ryjfgjl | last post by:
ExcelToDatabase: batch import excel into database automatically...
0
isladogs
by: isladogs | last post by:
The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 6 Mar 2024 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM). In this month's session, we are pleased to welcome back...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.