471,330 Members | 1,710 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
Post +

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Join Bytes to post your question to a community of 471,330 software developers and data experts.

Single instance...

.... retreiving other instances parameters ?

How can I do this ?

TIA
Dec 6 '05 #1
6 1105
Frank,

The only way to do this is if you have a reference to the other
instance. You need to pass that instance to your class, and then access the
fields/properties that you want...

Hope this helps.

"Franck Diastein" <fd*******@euskaltel.net> wrote in message
news:eE***************@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
... retreiving other instances parameters ?

How can I do this ?

TIA

Dec 6 '05 #2
I can't use references, since each time a start a process, is a diferent
trhead.

I managed to know if the app is already running with Mutex, but I don't
know how to pass instance 2's arguments to instance 1...


Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] wrote:
Frank,

The only way to do this is if you have a reference to the other
instance. You need to pass that instance to your class, and then access the
fields/properties that you want...

Hope this helps.

"Franck Diastein" <fd*******@euskaltel.net> wrote in message
news:eE***************@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
... retreiving other instances parameters ?

How can I do this ?

TIA


Dec 6 '05 #3
Franck,

Ok, I see what you are doing. Check out my response to an earlier post
which explains how you can do what you want to do (watch for line wrap):

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...128f9ddd957ada
--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mv*@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

"Franck Diastein" <fd*******@euskaltel.net> wrote in message
news:%2*****************@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
I can't use references, since each time a start a process, is a diferent
trhead.

I managed to know if the app is already running with Mutex, but I don't
know how to pass instance 2's arguments to instance 1...


Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] wrote:
Frank,

The only way to do this is if you have a reference to the other
instance. You need to pass that instance to your class, and then access
the fields/properties that you want...

Hope this helps.

"Franck Diastein" <fd*******@euskaltel.net> wrote in message
news:eE***************@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
... retreiving other instances parameters ?

How can I do this ?

TIA



Dec 6 '05 #4
Thank you for the answear, but I'm in 1.1 :-(

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] wrote:
Franck,

Ok, I see what you are doing. Check out my response to an earlier post
which explains how you can do what you want to do (watch for line wrap):

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...128f9ddd957ada

Dec 6 '05 #5
Franck,

The posting should give you some insight into how to implement it for
1.1. Basically, you have to set up a remoting server in your app which you
will call from the second app to indicate that another instance has started
up.
--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mv*@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

"Franck Diastein" <fd*******@euskaltel.net> wrote in message
news:eQ****************@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Thank you for the answear, but I'm in 1.1 :-(

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] wrote:
Franck,

Ok, I see what you are doing. Check out my response to an earlier
post which explains how you can do what you want to do (watch for line
wrap):

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...128f9ddd957ada


Dec 6 '05 #6
Ok, I just found that here :
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/Si..._app_in_C_.asp

Thank you for your support !!!

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] wrote:
Franck,

The posting should give you some insight into how to implement it for
1.1. Basically, you have to set up a remoting server in your app which you
will call from the second app to indicate that another instance has started
up.

Dec 6 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

18 posts views Thread by Steve Barnett | last post: by
7 posts views Thread by jsale | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Maileen | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Mark Jerde | last post: by
13 posts views Thread by JohnQ | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Sarath | last post: by
reply views Thread by rosydwin | last post: by

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.