469,267 Members | 1,091 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,267 developers. It's quick & easy.

useUnsafeHeaderParsing (KB 888527)

Hello,

Based on the information provided by
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=KB888527

one should be able to add a useUnsafeHeaderParsing attribute to the
<httpWebRequest> element in the Machine.config file on a .NET 1.0 SP3
machine.

I have .NET 1.0 SP3, but when I add this attribute using the syntax (exactly
as shown in the KB):

<system.net>
<settings>
<httpWebRequest useUnsafeHeaderParsing = "true"/>
</settings>
</system.net>

to either the machine.config or to the app.config file, I receive an
Exception that says that an invalid configuration was found.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Arsen
Nov 16 '05 #1
5 5017
Hi Arsen,

Thanks for your posting. Regarding on the problem you mentioned, I've also
performed the test on my local XP SP2 machine and did encounter the same
problem.

Currently I'm consulting those CLR guys to see whether there is any
existing issue on this. I'll update you if I got any updates. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
(This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights.)

Nov 16 '05 #2
Hi Steven,

Thanks for the follow up.

Please let me know what you find.

We need to be able to ignore the malformed headers in our
multi-threaded/asynchrounous crawler since there a a lot of websites out
there that send headers with an error and work perfectly fine in IE,
Netscape, Firefox, Opera, etc. BUT error out with HttpWebRequest.

Thanks again,
Arsen

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <v-******@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8$****************@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl...
Hi Arsen,

Thanks for your posting. Regarding on the problem you mentioned, I've also
performed the test on my local XP SP2 machine and did encounter the same
problem.

Currently I'm consulting those CLR guys to see whether there is any
existing issue on this. I'll update you if I got any updates. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
(This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights.)

Nov 16 '05 #3
Hi Arsen,

Sorry for keeping you waiting. After some further research, it seems that
by default after our .net 1.0 framework installed sp3, the new <settings>
configure element is available in machine.config, however, we still need to
add the section handler for it , so please have a check at the following
item:

whether your 1.0 's machine.config is missing the settings section handler
declaration. If so, add this line

<section name="settings"
type="System.Net.Configuration.NetConfigurationHan dler, System,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>

to the <configSections> <sectionGroup name=ˇ±system.netˇ±> section at the
top.

Also, our dev guys has also decided to add this to kb so that other ones
may find it easily without such ambiguous error. Hope helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
(This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights.)

Nov 16 '05 #4
This fixed the problem.

Thanks Steven.

Regards,
Arsen
Nov 16 '05 #5
You're welcome Arsen,

Thanks again for your posting.
Good Luck!

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Nov 16 '05 #6

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

2 posts views Thread by Q | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Harry Keck | last post: by
1 post views Thread by Arsen V. | last post: by
1 post views Thread by ludovic | last post: by
reply views Thread by Howard | last post: by
reply views Thread by zhoujie | last post: by
reply views Thread by suresh191 | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.