473,721 Members | 3,486 Online
Bytes | Software Development & Data Engineering Community
+ Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Video streaming with c#

Hi i am writing a application where i want to browse video file and copy data
into stream and send that stream over network...I have develop P2P windows
application where i successfully transfer text message to each other but now
i want to send video file and play that file on other end...I know the code
how to send the stream over the network but basic problem is how open that
file as a stream.

Thanks
Dec 4 '06 #1
8 65830
Hello amjad,

Have u tried this http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...y+stream+video
?

aHi i am writing a application where i want to browse video file and
acopy data into stream and send that stream over network...I have
adevelop P2P windows application where i successfully transfer text
amessage to each other but now i want to send video file and play that
afile on other end...I know the code how to send the stream over the
anetwork but basic problem is how open that file as a stream.
a>
aThanks
a>
---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 4 '06 #2
Yah but did find any things.
I need some sample code how to stream vedio file using c# code not any third
party code....
"Michael Nemtsev" wrote:
Hello amjad,

Have u tried this http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...y+stream+video
?

aHi i am writing a application where i want to browse video file and
acopy data into stream and send that stream over network...I have
adevelop P2P windows application where i successfully transfer text
amessage to each other but now i want to send video file and play that
afile on other end...I know the code how to send the stream over the
anetwork but basic problem is how open that file as a stream.
a>
aThanks
a>
---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 4 '06 #3

It'd help to mention what type of video you're talking about. Some
videos use different formats for file storage and streaming and some
use multiple sockets for streaming.

Sam
------------------------------------------------------------
We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:41:00 -0800, Amjad
<Am***@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote:
>Hi i am writing a application where i want to browse video file and copy data
into stream and send that stream over network...I have develop P2P windows
application where i successfully transfer text message to each other but now
i want to send video file and play that file on other end...I know the code
how to send the stream over the network but basic problem is how open that
file as a stream.

Thanks
Dec 4 '06 #4
any format i would like to try .....

I am using System.IO.Strea m class object to send data across the network....

Can i use StreamReader to read the video file or i have to use special video
classess.

thanks

"Samuel R. Neff" wrote:
>
It'd help to mention what type of video you're talking about. Some
videos use different formats for file storage and streaming and some
use multiple sockets for streaming.

Sam
------------------------------------------------------------
We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 08:41:00 -0800, Amjad
<Am***@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote:
Hi i am writing a application where i want to browse video file and copy data
into stream and send that stream over network...I have develop P2P windows
application where i successfully transfer text message to each other but now
i want to send video file and play that file on other end...I know the code
how to send the stream over the network but basic problem is how open that
file as a stream.

Thanks

Dec 5 '06 #5

No, you can't use StreamReader. xxxReader classes are for text data,
videos are almost always binary.

What is the goal, just to transfer the file from one computer to
another or do you actually want to be able to stream out the video so
someone can pull it up in a viewer like quicktime or windows media or
vlc?

Sam
------------------------------------------------------------
We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 04:48:01 -0800, Amjad
<Am***@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote:
>any format i would like to try .....

I am using System.IO.Strea m class object to send data across the network....

Can i use StreamReader to read the video file or i have to use special video
classess.

thanks
Dec 5 '06 #6
Yeah i want to stream out video ...so some body can pull up in windows media
player.

"Samuel R. Neff" wrote:
>
No, you can't use StreamReader. xxxReader classes are for text data,
videos are almost always binary.

What is the goal, just to transfer the file from one computer to
another or do you actually want to be able to stream out the video so
someone can pull it up in a viewer like quicktime or windows media or
vlc?

Sam
------------------------------------------------------------
We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 04:48:01 -0800, Amjad
<Am***@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote:
any format i would like to try .....

I am using System.IO.Strea m class object to send data across the network....

Can i use StreamReader to read the video file or i have to use special video
classess.

thanks

Dec 6 '06 #7

Then you'll need to implement RTSP, RTP, SDP and a host of other
standards. It's not as easy as which class do I use--it's a huge
undertaking. You will be better off looking into freely available
existing streaming servers instead of trying to build your own.

www.videolan.org

or

http://developer.apple.com/opensourc...ing/index.html

You could also host your videos on a web server and then they can be
accessed via HTTP which would provide "progressiv e download" access to
the videos (but not true streaming).

HTH,

Sam

------------------------------------------------------------
We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 03:18:00 -0800, Amjad
<Am***@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote:
>Yeah i want to stream out video ...so some body can pull up in windows media
player.

"Samuel R. Neff" wrote:
>>
No, you can't use StreamReader. xxxReader classes are for text data,
videos are almost always binary.

What is the goal, just to transfer the file from one computer to
another or do you actually want to be able to stream out the video so
someone can pull it up in a viewer like quicktime or windows media or
vlc?

Sam

Dec 6 '06 #8

I'm not saying use their code, I'm saying use their product. Run
their streaming server on your host computer.

Even in peer-to-peer you can set up a web server or video streaming
server on one of the "peers" and have th eother "peer" hit that. If
you need two way streaming then set up the servers on both peers.

BTW, are these peers in the same lan? You could save a ton of trouble
by just using a windows file share and opening the files directly in
windows media player.

Good luck,

Sam

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:38:00 -0800, Amjad
<Am***@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote:
>One more question, the code available is in c++, do you know any code which
is available in c#. Do i have to create COM objects first and then have to
access through c# or any c# libraries on net doing same job thanks

"Samuel R. Neff" wrote:
>>
Then you'll need to implement RTSP, RTP, SDP and a host of other
standards. It's not as easy as which class do I use--it's a huge
undertaking. You will be better off looking into freely available
existing streaming servers instead of trying to build your own.

www.videolan.org

or

http://developer.apple.com/opensourc...ing/index.html

You could also host your videos on a web server and then they can be
accessed via HTTP which would provide "progressiv e download" access to
the videos (but not true streaming).

HTH,

Sam
------------------------------------------------------------
We're hiring! B-Line Medical is seeking Mid/Sr. .NET
Developers for exciting positions in medical product
development in MD/DC. Work with a variety of technologies
in a relaxed team environment. See ads on Dice.com.
Dec 6 '06 #9

This thread has been closed and replies have been disabled. Please start a new discussion.

Similar topics

1
4775
by: alaune | last post by:
Hi, we are trying to create a Java video Streaming server. We use the (Java Media FrameWork) JAVA JMF API. We succeed in sending data from the server, and reading them on the client side. We need for the client side to bufferize part of the data before starting the reading. as is done in Real or windows media players.
0
993
by: Simon Guertin | last post by:
Hi, I would like to know some hints about how to or where to look about video streaming. I want to be able the capture live video from a video cam on my iPAQ and broadcast the video using wifi onto a server (PC). I am looking into creating a Fifo on my IPAQ with the video camera filling one end and another thread that would be sending the data through socket over on the network and a server would be either storing the video or just...
2
9752
by: mpaliath | last post by:
Hi guys I am currently involved in a project which requires me to recieve and play streaming video as well as send it. In Visual C++ is there any free library which helps me do this as 'streaming' is not part of the actual project, i am allowed to use external libraries. Also could anyone tell me where I can learn about video streaming in c++ so I can code the streaming part myself too thx
4
8857
by: chix23 | last post by:
Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web application with live video streaming? Thanks!!!
1
1292
by: varunvijayayvargiya | last post by:
help on video streaming i m coding an app for video conferencing i m using RTP. can sum1 tell me how 2 go abt it in C#
2
2895
by: Asif | last post by:
Hi all, Can any one help me out about how to do live video streaming in asp.net page similar to YouTube.com? Thanks a lot Asif
2
1484
by: EricFowler | last post by:
I am starting a video streaming app and have some technical questions that are narrowly focused on video/audio file formats, codecs, etc. Where do I find the watering hole with the nerd-herd that groks that kind of thing? I am working in c++ on Windows. Thanks. Eric
1
2300
by: romcab | last post by:
Hi guys, Just want to ask your idea on how to do video streaming using C#. I want to create an application that can play video file. Is there an existing classes that I can reuse? Hope you can help me. thanks,
5
1720
by: gaya3 | last post by:
Hi All, can anyone please say me 1. what is video streaming? 2. smooth streaming 3. How video streaming is done in IIS to integrate with iphone 4. version of IIS that supports video streaming for integration of iphone? Please help me out.
0
8851
marktang
by: marktang | last post by:
ONU (Optical Network Unit) is one of the key components for providing high-speed Internet services. Its primary function is to act as an endpoint device located at the user's premises. However, people are often confused as to whether an ONU can Work As a Router. In this blog post, we’ll explore What is ONU, What Is Router, ONU & Router’s main usage, and What is the difference between ONU and Router. Let’s take a closer look ! Part I. Meaning of...
0
9227
jinu1996
by: jinu1996 | last post by:
In today's digital age, having a compelling online presence is paramount for businesses aiming to thrive in a competitive landscape. At the heart of this digital strategy lies an intricately woven tapestry of website design and digital marketing. It's not merely about having a website; it's about crafting an immersive digital experience that captivates audiences and drives business growth. The Art of Business Website Design Your website is...
1
9143
by: Hystou | last post by:
Overview: Windows 11 and 10 have less user interface control over operating system update behaviour than previous versions of Windows. In Windows 11 and 10, there is no way to turn off the Windows Update option using the Control Panel or Settings app; it automatically checks for updates and installs any it finds, whether you like it or not. For most users, this new feature is actually very convenient. If you want to control the update process,...
0
8019
agi2029
by: agi2029 | last post by:
Let's talk about the concept of autonomous AI software engineers and no-code agents. These AIs are designed to manage the entire lifecycle of a software development project—planning, coding, testing, and deployment—without human intervention. Imagine an AI that can take a project description, break it down, write the code, debug it, and then launch it, all on its own.... Now, this would greatly impact the work of software developers. The idea...
0
5992
by: conductexam | last post by:
I have .net C# application in which I am extracting data from word file and save it in database particularly. To store word all data as it is I am converting the whole word file firstly in HTML and then checking html paragraph one by one. At the time of converting from word file to html my equations which are in the word document file was convert into image. Globals.ThisAddIn.Application.ActiveDocument.Select();...
0
4761
by: adsilva | last post by:
A Windows Forms form does not have the event Unload, like VB6. What one acts like?
1
3202
by: 6302768590 | last post by:
Hai team i want code for transfer the data from one system to another through IP address by using C# our system has to for every 5mins then we have to update the data what the data is updated we have to send another system
2
2588
muto222
by: muto222 | last post by:
How can i add a mobile payment intergratation into php mysql website.
3
2137
bsmnconsultancy
by: bsmnconsultancy | last post by:
In today's digital era, a well-designed website is crucial for businesses looking to succeed. Whether you're a small business owner or a large corporation in Toronto, having a strong online presence can significantly impact your brand's success. BSMN Consultancy, a leader in Website Development in Toronto offers valuable insights into creating effective websites that not only look great but also perform exceptionally well. In this comprehensive...

By using Bytes.com and it's services, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

To disable or enable advertisements and analytics tracking please visit the manage ads & tracking page.