By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
425,763 Members | 1,641 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 425,763 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Masterpage and default.aspx

P: n/a
Can I refer to the controls on default.aspx from the masterpage?
I have a form on the masterpage which sends information that is in a
gridview in the default.aspx page.
Apr 10 '08 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Hi,

If you want access control to content page (control, which exists on master
page), then you can access it through like this..

HtmlControl body = (HtmlControl)this.Page.Master.FindControl("Body");

"Jape" wrote:
Can I refer to the controls on default.aspx from the masterpage?
I have a form on the masterpage which sends information that is in a
gridview in the default.aspx page.
Apr 10 '08 #2

P: n/a
On Apr 10, 9:51 am, Ujval Shah <UjvalS...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
Hi,

If you want access control to content page (control, which exists on master
page), then you can access it through like this..

HtmlControl body = (HtmlControl)this.Page.Master.FindControl("Body");
I think he wants it the other way round. I.e., in his master page, he
would like to get a reference to a control in a child page of the
master page.
Apr 10 '08 #3

P: n/a
Yes, this is what i want.
The gridview is on the contentpage and i want to acess it from the masterpage.

"gnewsgroup" wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:51 am, Ujval Shah <UjvalS...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
Hi,

If you want access control to content page (control, which exists on master
page), then you can access it through like this..

HtmlControl body = (HtmlControl)this.Page.Master.FindControl("Body");

I think he wants it the other way round. I.e., in his master page, he
would like to get a reference to a control in a child page of the
master page.
Apr 11 '08 #4

P: n/a
Hi Jape,

Given the below markup & code, this may be of help to you:

GridView g = (GridView) myPlaceHolder.FindControl("myDDL");

Site1.master.aspx:

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeBehind="Site1.master.cs" Inherits="Site1" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://
www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<asp:Label ID="myLabel" />
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="myPlaceHolder" runat="server">
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Default.aspx:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="LoginApp._Default"
MasterPageFile="~/Site1.Master"%>

<asp:Content ID="myContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="myPlaceHolder"
Runat="Server">
<asp:DropDownList ID="myDDL" runat="server">
<asp:ListItem Value="1" Text="Indeed" />
<asp:ListItem Value="2" Text="Yeah" />
<asp:ListItem Value="3" Text="Exactly" />
</asp:DropDownList>
</asp:Content>
Site1.master.cs:

using System;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.

public partial class Site1 : System.Web.UI.MasterPage
{
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
GridView g = (GridView) myPlaceHolder.FindControl("myDDL");
}
}

=========
Regards,
Steve
www.stkomp.com

Jape wrote:
Can I refer to the controls on default.aspx from the masterpage?
I have a form on the masterpage which sends information that is in a
gridview in the default.aspx page.
On Apr 11, 11:12 am, Jape <J...@discussions.microsoft.comwrote:
Yes, this is what i want.
The gridview is on the contentpage and i want to acess it from the masterpage.

"gnewsgroup" wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:51 am, Ujval Shah <UjvalS...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
Hi,
If you want access control to content page (control, which exists on master
page), then you can access it through like this..
HtmlControl body = (HtmlControl)this.Page.Master.FindControl("Body");
I think he wants it the other way round. I.e., in his master page, he
would like to get a reference to a control in a child page of the
master page.
Jun 27 '08 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.