By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
458,111 Members | 1,675 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 458,111 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

WebService Problem on Windows Server 2003

P: n/a
Hi,
Scenario:
The webservice was developed on windows 2000 Pro and deployed previously on windows XP pro for testing. We have tested for many days. The client for that service was 30+ and accessing the webservice each min. It was working 100% fine.

Problem:
But now in actual deployment, we have deployed webservice in Win Server 2003 and we have used all the default configurations. Now the clients are accessing that service the same way and its working fine. But sometimes, in the same usage mentioned above, few clients gets disconnected in consuming service. The time-out or sometimes The underlying connection was closed exception occurs. Daily, 5-10 clients gets this problem once or twice randomly.

Please help me to get rid of this, I have tried many things logically, from net etc and basic all type of solutions i applied but nothing is working.

Configurations:
- Server: Windows 2003 server, SP1, .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1 SP1
- Client: Windows XP Home, SP2, .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1 SP1

Thanks in advance,
Mahesh Devjibhai Dhola
Dec 3 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a

Mahesh Devjibhai Dhola wrote:
Hi,
Scenario:
The webservice was developed on windows 2000 Pro and deployed previously on windows XP pro for testing. We have tested for many days. The client for that service was 30+ and accessing the webservice each min. It was working 100% fine.

Problem:
But now in actual deployment, we have deployed webservice in Win Server 2003 and we have used all the default configurations. Now the clients are accessing that service the same way and its working fine. But sometimes, in the same usage mentioned above, few clients gets disconnected in consuming service. The time-out or sometimes The underlying connection was closed exception occurs. Daily, 5-10 clients gets this problem once or twice randomly.

Please help me to get rid of this, I have tried many things logically, from net etc and basic all type of solutions i applied but nothing is working.

Configurations:
- Server: Windows 2003 server, SP1, .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1 SP1
- Client: Windows XP Home, SP2, .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1 SP1

Thanks in advance,
Mahesh Devjibhai Dhola
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C716F4.49EC4240
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Google-AttachSize: 2037

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1528" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Scenario: <BR>The webservice was developed on
windows 2000 Pro and deployed previously on windows XP pro for testing. We have
tested for many days. The client for that service was 30+ and accessing the
webservice each min. It was working 100% fine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Problem: </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>But now in actual deployment, we have deployed
webservice in Win Server 2003 and we have used all the default configurations.
Now the clients are accessing that service the same way and its working fine.
<U>But sometimes, in the same usage mentioned above, few clients gets
disconnected in consuming service. The time-out or sometimes The underlying
connection was closed exception occurs. Daily, 5-10 clients gets this problem
once or twice randomly.</U></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Please help me to get rid of this, I have tried
many things logically, from net etc and basic all type of solutions i applied
but nothing is working.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Configurations:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>- Server: Windows 2003 server, SP1, .Net 1.1, .Net
1.1 SP1</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>- Client: Windows XP Home, SP2, .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1
SP1</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mahesh Devjibhai Dhola</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C716F4.49EC4240--

Hi.....
Please try change the machine.config properties
go to
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ [Your Version .. could be 2.0 or
1.1 ] \CONFIG
and edit the machine.config

look for "httpRuntime" element
set the default timeout ... request size etc to required....

appRequestQueueLimit="1000" or more..
executionTimeout="255" or more...

Then test again

Hope it will solve the problem.

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd

Dec 3 '06 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.