By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
449,314 Members | 1,758 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 449,314 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Live Video Streaming in ASP.NET

P: n/a
Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web application
with live video streaming? Thanks!!!
Sep 27 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
Hi,

chix23 wrote:
Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web application
with live video streaming? Thanks!!!
Live video streaming requests a plug-in. Please refer to the camera's
documentation, most of them are delivered with a plugin and
specification about how to integrate them in a web page.

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
Software engineering: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch
PhotoAlbum: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch/pictures
Support children in Calcutta: http://www.calcutta-espoir.ch
Sep 27 '06 #2

P: n/a
Thanks for your quick reply. Could you give some web camera that supports
live video streaming?

"Laurent Bugnion" wrote:
Hi,

chix23 wrote:
Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web application
with live video streaming? Thanks!!!

Live video streaming requests a plug-in. Please refer to the camera's
documentation, most of them are delivered with a plugin and
specification about how to integrate them in a web page.

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
Software engineering: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch
PhotoAlbum: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch/pictures
Support children in Calcutta: http://www.calcutta-espoir.ch
Sep 28 '06 #3

P: n/a
Hi,

chix23 wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply. Could you give some web camera that supports
live video streaming?
Sorry, I don't have the names handy. In the office we use an IP camera
which comes with an ActiveX plug-in for IE, and another one for Mozilla
based browsers. I think Google will help you there.

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
Software engineering: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch
PhotoAlbum: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch/pictures
Support children in Calcutta: http://www.calcutta-espoir.ch
Sep 28 '06 #4

P: n/a
If your webcam is supported, you could encode the video using Windows Media
Encoder and embed Windows Media Player in a web page to display it. Supported
capture cards are listed here (haven't seen a list for supported cameras):
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e/default.aspx

"chix23" <ch****@discussions.microsoft.comwrote in message
news:FC**********************************@microsof t.com...
Thanks for your quick reply. Could you give some web camera that supports
live video streaming?

"Laurent Bugnion" wrote:
>Hi,

chix23 wrote:
Could you give sample codes or suggestions on how to build a web
application
with live video streaming? Thanks!!!

Live video streaming requests a plug-in. Please refer to the camera's
documentation, most of them are delivered with a plugin and
specification about how to integrate them in a web page.

Greetings,
Laurent
--
Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
Software engineering: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch
PhotoAlbum: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch/pictures
Support children in Calcutta: http://www.calcutta-espoir.ch

Sep 28 '06 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.