By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
457,877 Members | 1,100 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 457,877 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

How to add DropDownList Control inside ReportViewer Control.

P: n/a
I am working with ASP.NET.I am using ReportViwer Control to show my
report.I like to add dropdownlist with in the reportviewer control. (
Not top to the control some thing like that).I need to place dropdown
near to Export link ( Excel and PDF Export).Is it possible to add at
the dropdown list with in report viewer control?. I found the property
as ReportViewer.Controls.Add.But its not working.Please help me.

Regards,

S.Sevugan.

Jul 25 '06 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
4 Replies


P: n/a
I don't believe it is possible to do what you want. You have to edit
the report itself to add a dropdown to your report. This is a fairly
simple venture in reporting services. I can say with a certain degree
of certainty that you cannot add things to the report as it renders in
the report viewer control. You can however, pass along parameters to a
reportviewer through other controls on the page, perhaps this is what
you're looking to do?
Sevu wrote:
I am working with ASP.NET.I am using ReportViwer Control to show my
report.I like to add dropdownlist with in the reportviewer control. (
Not top to the control some thing like that).I need to place dropdown
near to Export link ( Excel and PDF Export).Is it possible to add at
the dropdown list with in report viewer control?. I found the property
as ReportViewer.Controls.Add.But its not working.Please help me.

Regards,

S.Sevugan.
Jul 25 '06 #2

P: n/a

Hi tfsmag,

Thanks for your reply.I am not want to have dropdownlist in
page and based on the selection in dropdown,refresh the control and
show the result.Instaed i need to have inside the control iteslf and
show the result based on selection.

You mentioned that we can add dropdownlist inside the
report.Is it possible?But i didnt found dropdown list in toolbox while
edit the report.Then how can we add dropdown list to the report
itself.Please help me in this regard.

If it is possible then my requirement will satisfy.Because i
will call the report in reportviewer control.So it displays the
dropdown inside the control itself.

For your information,I am working with ASP 2.0

Regards,
S.Sevugan
tfsmag wrote:
I don't believe it is possible to do what you want. You have to edit
the report itself to add a dropdown to your report. This is a fairly
simple venture in reporting services. I can say with a certain degree
of certainty that you cannot add things to the report as it renders in
the report viewer control. You can however, pass along parameters to a
reportviewer through other controls on the page, perhaps this is what
you're looking to do?
Sevu wrote:
I am working with ASP.NET.I am using ReportViwer Control to show my
report.I like to add dropdownlist with in the reportviewer control. (
Not top to the control some thing like that).I need to place dropdown
near to Export link ( Excel and PDF Export).Is it possible to add at
the dropdown list with in report viewer control?. I found the property
as ReportViewer.Controls.Add.But its not working.Please help me.

Regards,

S.Sevugan.
Jul 26 '06 #3

P: n/a
to have a dropdown appear in the report you need to add a new parameter
to the report, you will also need to create a new dataset to poulate
the dropdown once your parameter is created.

In your business intelligence studio go to report report parameters.

Once you have the parameters window open click "add" and name your
parameter.
>From there you will need to set the parameter's properties.
The "name" field should contain the name of the parameter.

the datatype will probably almost always be string, unless you're
pulling dates or numbers from the database in the dataset you use to
populate your drop down.

the "prompt" is what you want to appear next to the dropdownlist

if you want people to be able to select mulitiple values, check the
"multi value" checkbox, otherwise I think it's safe to leave the other
checkboxes alone, unless you do not want to allow null/blank values,
then you need to check those corresponding checkboxes.

under "available values", if you've created another dataset via a
query, select "from query" then pick the dataset you created as the
dataset, then you'll need to pick the value and label fields from your
dataset.

I hope this is what you're looking for, otherwise I just spent alot of
time for nothing!
Sevu wrote:
Hi tfsmag,

Thanks for your reply.I am not want to have dropdownlist in
page and based on the selection in dropdown,refresh the control and
show the result.Instaed i need to have inside the control iteslf and
show the result based on selection.

You mentioned that we can add dropdownlist inside the
report.Is it possible?But i didnt found dropdown list in toolbox while
edit the report.Then how can we add dropdown list to the report
itself.Please help me in this regard.

If it is possible then my requirement will satisfy.Because i
will call the report in reportviewer control.So it displays the
dropdown inside the control itself.

For your information,I am working with ASP 2.0

Regards,
S.Sevugan
tfsmag wrote:
I don't believe it is possible to do what you want. You have to edit
the report itself to add a dropdown to your report. This is a fairly
simple venture in reporting services. I can say with a certain degree
of certainty that you cannot add things to the report as it renders in
the report viewer control. You can however, pass along parameters to a
reportviewer through other controls on the page, perhaps this is what
you're looking to do?
Sevu wrote:
I am working with ASP.NET.I am using ReportViwer Control to show my
report.I like to add dropdownlist with in the reportviewer control. (
Not top to the control some thing like that).I need to place dropdown
near to Export link ( Excel and PDF Export).Is it possible to add at
the dropdown list with in report viewer control?. I found the property
as ReportViewer.Controls.Add.But its not working.Please help me.
>
Regards,
>
S.Sevugan.
Jul 26 '06 #4

P: n/a
mmghjjmghmghmghmghmhhhgjhgjghjghjhj

From http://developmentnow.com/g/8_2006_7...r-Control-.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com
Apr 28 '07 #5

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.