By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
440,564 Members | 1,070 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 440,564 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

Oracle-GridView Databind fails with error OCIEnvNlsCreate failed

P: n/a
I did google & search in this group , but couldnt find any thing
related to this.

This is my first attempt to connect GridView to a Oracle database via
SqlDataSource. I am receving error message "OCIEnvNlsCreate failed
with return code -1 but error message text was not available"

Any one seen this or anything similar? Thank you in advance for all
tips,suggestions,advices & helps

Stack Trace Below
************************************************** ******
System.Exception was unhandled by user code
Message="OCIEnvNlsCreate failed with return code -1 but error message
text was not available."
Source="System.Data.OracleClient"
StackTrace:
at System.Data.OracleClient.OciHandle..ctor(OciHandle
parentHandle, HTYPE handleType, MODE ocimode, HANDLEFLAG handleflags)
at System.Data.OracleClient.OciNlsEnvironmentHandle.. ctor(MODE
environmentMode)
at System.Data.OracleClient.OCI.DetermineClientVersio n()
at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection. OpenOnLocalTransaction(String
userName, String password, String serverName, Boolean
integratedSecurity, Boolean unicode, Boolean omitOracleConnectionName)
at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleInternalConnection. .ctor(OracleConnectionString
connectionOptions)
at
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionFactory.C reateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool,
DbConnection owningObject)
at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.Creat ePooledConnection(DbConnection
owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateOb ject(DbConnection
owningObject)
at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCrea teRequest(DbConnection
owningObject)
at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConne ction(DbConnection
owningObject)
at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetCo nnection(DbConnection
owningConnection)
at
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenCo nnection(DbConnection
outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(Data Set
dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords,
String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
srcTable)
at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.Execut eSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments
arguments)
at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSele ctArguments
arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.Perform Select()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.Dat aBind()
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind()
at ReportsEMEA_RepairReport.btnGetReport_Click(Object sender,
EventArgs e) in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WEB\Reports\RepairReport.aspx.c s:line 55
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEven t(String
eventArgument)
at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection
postData)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
* The connection & query works fine via SqlPlus
* ASP.NET , IWAM_ & IUSER_ accounts have FULL (for testing) permission
to Oracle\bin folder
* I did restart webserver , reboot machine(!!!) .. but it didnt help.

Thanks again for the helps

Sreejith

Apr 24 '06 #1
Share this question for a faster answer!
Share on Google+

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.