470,596 Members | 1,353 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 470,596 developers. It's quick & easy.

2.0 runtime javascript error - WebForm_PostBackOptions is undefine

I am converting my enterprise solution from VS 2003 (.NET v1.1.4322) to VS
2005 (.NET v2.0.50727). The entire solution uses serveral technologies -
Windows Server 2003 (AD, SQL Server 2000, IIS, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Mobile)
Windows Mobile 2003 (Pocket IE)

I have completed a portion of the conversion (ASP.NET Mobile pages for PIE,
and some of the ASP.NET-bases web services), and while
testing I have a runtime error that did not exist in the 1.1 version.
It is associated with a Windows Mobile ObjectList (mobile:ObjectList )
When debugging on the desktop in IE 6.0 (I have *not* yet started conversion
testing with PIE on the PDA), I click on a linkbutton in the object list and
now receive a JavaScript error -
WebForm_PostBackOptions is undefined.

I am not using Javascript explicitly in my code, the error is caused by
ASP.NET 2.0-generated Javascript.
My .aspx code for LinkButtons in the ObjectList looks like -
(<asp:LinkButton ID="lbnTask" CommandName="details" Runat="server"><%#
((ObjectListItem)Container)["name"] %></asp:LinkButton>)

ASP.NET 2.0 generates javascript for the browser that looks like -
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD>

Previously, ASP.NET 1.1 generated javascript for the browser that looks very
similar -
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD>

I know there is JavaScript embedded in System.Web.dll, for example -
function WebForm_PostBackOptions(eventTarget, eventArgument, validation,
validationGroup, actionUrl, trackFocus, clientSubmit)
My C# code behind already has "using System.Web;", and I tried adding "<%@
Import Namespace="System.Web" %>" to the 2.0 .aspx file, but it did not help
with
this issue.

Is there a configuration step I am missing as part of the "port" to 2.0?
Jan 10 '06 #1
14 25309
I had a similar problem and it was a HttpModule that prevented ASP.NET
from serving the "WebResource.axd" file (ASP.NET 2.0 uses this to
deliver scripts, this is different to ASP.NET 1.1).

Could this be your problem? Maybe try temporarily removing any modules
and see if it goes away.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Jan 10 '06 #2
Josh -
Thanks for your reply.

You said it might be that an HttpModule prevented ASP.NET from serving the
"WebResource.axd" file.

I am not at all sure what that means. Can you say a few more words about
what I might check to see if it is blocked. A log file somewhere?

"Josh Twist" wrote:
I had a similar problem and it was a HttpModule that prevented ASP.NET
from serving the "WebResource.axd" file (ASP.NET 2.0 uses this to
deliver scripts, this is different to ASP.NET 1.1).

Could this be your problem? Maybe try temporarily removing any modules
and see if it goes away.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Jan 11 '06 #3
Most of the JavaScript functions used by ASP.NET are served by a new
'page' called WebResource.axd. Can you see a link to this in your
source, would look something like:

<script src="WebResource.axd...

I had a HttpModule that intercepted all requests to my service to
rewrite urls (e.g. http://mydomain.com/showcategory.aspx?cat=taps to
http://mydomain.com/taps). It turned out that this was stopping the axd
from sending the script down and I got a heap of XXX is undefined
errors.

Josh

Jan 11 '06 #4
Josh,
Thanks again for hanging with me!

There is no reference to WebResource.axd anywhere in my "solution" directory
(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\poc_web\).
However, under C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, in "web.config"
(which I have not modified directly), there is a section that starts
<httpHandlers>
<add path="trace.axd" verb="*"
type="System.Web.Handlers.TraceHandler" validate="True" />
<add path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET"
type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" validate="True" />
<add path="*.axd" verb="*" type="System.Web.HttpNotFoundHandler"
validate="True" />

etc....

Does that look OK? Is there some other configuration change I need to make,
or is there anything to look at while debugging?

"Josh Twist" wrote:
Most of the JavaScript functions used by ASP.NET are served by a new
'page' called WebResource.axd. Can you see a link to this in your
source, would look something like:

<script src="WebResource.axd...

I had a HttpModule that intercepted all requests to my service to
rewrite urls (e.g. http://mydomain.com/showcategory.aspx?cat=taps to
http://mydomain.com/taps). It turned out that this was stopping the axd
from sending the script down and I got a heap of XXX is undefined
errors.

Josh

Jan 11 '06 #5
Don't change that - that's supposed to be there. That's the bit that
makes sure WebResource.axd works properly :)

I suspect you'd know if you were using HttpModules, so this isn't your
problem. To be sure you can check your web.config file and see if there
are any httpModules configured. They'd be inside a <httpModules> node
somewhere under <system.web>.

However, I mean the web.config in your application, not the one in the
the folder you mention above.

Josh

Jan 11 '06 #6
Josh -
I don't have any httpModules set up in the application-level web.config file.

Any other ideas?

"Josh Twist" wrote:
Don't change that - that's supposed to be there. That's the bit that
makes sure WebResource.axd works properly :)

I suspect you'd know if you were using HttpModules, so this isn't your
problem. To be sure you can check your web.config file and see if there
are any httpModules configured. They'd be inside a <httpModules> node
somewhere under <system.web>.

However, I mean the web.config in your application, not the one in the
the folder you mention above.

Josh

Jan 11 '06 #7
Hmmm, not sure...

Let's make sure it is something to do with your WebResource.axd file.
Have a look in your src, you should have a line that looks something
like this (the random characters will be different)

<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=3v2Q4FZSi09ZwjYwg-vpMg2&amp;t=632674154005468750"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Grab the src path and try and view the file in your browser, i.e. goto
http://localhoast/MyApplication/WebR...74154005468750
(again your random chars will be different)

You will probably need to save the file and view it notepad. If
everything goes OK you should see a file full of lovely javascript...
if not then something is wrong... let me know how you get on.

You could also use ieHTTPHeaders to make sure the file is being
requested and sent back with a normal 200 response code. I wrote an
article about how to use ieHTTPHeaders here:
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/Better_u...TPHeaders.aspx

Hope that helps

Josh

Jan 11 '06 #8
Josh,
Thanks for hanging with me.
Here is the entire server-generated file for the page in 2.0.
Notice there is no reference to WebResource.axd at all!

-----start file-----

<html><body>
<form id="frmTasks" name="frmTasks" method="post"
action="poc_web_form1.aspx?__ufps=740275">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="aDxfX1A7QDxmcm1UYXNrczvpobPnlrTvuZngo4gsMjs +Oz5tQovZRH9n2Sgf16Bh56ffmAdj3w==">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="">
<script language=javascript><!--
function __doPostBack(target, argument){
var theform = document.frmTasks
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = target
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = argument
theform.submit()
}
// -->
</script>
<TABLE id="tblMyTasks" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="300" border="0">
<TR><TD><IMG alt="Sea State 1" src="ss1_logo.png"></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Task start:</TD>
<TD>Patient:</TD>
<TD>Task:</TD></TR>
<font size="-1">
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnStart" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl1:lbnStart','')} ">10/24 9:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnPatient" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl1:lbnPatient','')} ">Lee, Terry</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl1:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnStart_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl2:lbnStart_alt','')} ">10/24 9:20</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnPatient_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl2:lbnPatient_alt','')} ">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnTask_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl2:lbnTask_alt','')} ">medicate
patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnStart" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl3:lbnStart','')} ">10/24 9:30</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnPatient" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl3:lbnPatient','')} ">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl3:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnStart_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl4:lbnStart_alt','')} ">10/24 10:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnPatient_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl4:lbnPatient_alt','')} ">Bar, Dale</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnTask_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl4:lbnTask_alt','')} ">medicate
patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnStart" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnStart','')} ">10/24 10:10</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnPatient" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnPatient','')} ">Bar, Dale</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<font size="+0"><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('frmTasks','2')"
Next</a></font></font></form></body></html>
-----end file-----

"Josh Twist" wrote:
Hmmm, not sure...

Let's make sure it is something to do with your WebResource.axd file.
Have a look in your src, you should have a line that looks something
like this (the random characters will be different)

<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=3v2Q4FZSi09ZwjYwg-vpMg2&t=632674154005468750"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Grab the src path and try and view the file in your browser, i.e. goto
http://localhoast/MyApplication/WebR...74154005468750
(again your random chars will be different)

You will probably need to save the file and view it notepad. If
everything goes OK you should see a file full of lovely javascript...
if not then something is wrong... let me know how you get on.

You could also use ieHTTPHeaders to make sure the file is being
requested and sent back with a normal 200 response code. I wrote an
article about how to use ieHTTPHeaders here:
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/Better_u...TPHeaders.aspx

Hope that helps

Josh

Jan 12 '06 #9
Hi Rich,

The source you've just sent doesn't contain any Javascript errors? I
just c&p'd it into a HTML file and viewed it in my browser, worked a
treat??

Josh

Jan 12 '06 #10
Josh,
If you c&p to an HTML file it should display OK. (That gives you an idea of
what my very ASP.NET mobile simple page looks like.) However, when I select
the "medicate patient" list under the "Task:" column while running ASP.NET
2.0 in the VS2005 debugger, I get a javascript error:
WebForm_PostBackOptions is undefined.

I previously did not get this error while running ASP.NET 1.1 in the VS2003
debugger.

My confusion (the reason for my original post) is around what might have
gone wrong with the 1.1 -> 2.0 conversion process or with my VS 2005
environment settings.

"Josh Twist" wrote:
Hi Rich,

The source you've just sent doesn't contain any Javascript errors? I
just c&p'd it into a HTML file and viewed it in my browser, worked a
treat??

Josh

Jan 13 '06 #11
Strange...

The medicate patient link works OK in full IE. There is no javascript
error at all in the source you provided. Here's a snippet...

<a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a>

The javascript here says
1. Is there a function called Page_ClientValidate available?
2. If so, call it, if not don't (there isn't so it doesn't)
3. Finally, it calls __doPostBack function (which is available - you'll
see it at the top of you page) which causes the page to postback.

And there the script ends.

I beginning to wonder if this is a mobile IE problem and I run out of
steam there. Sorry.

Have a great weekend.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Jan 13 '06 #12
Josh,
I am such a putz!!!!

The code I posted yesterday was the *1.1* generated client code, and not the
*2.0* code. I am very sorry.

The error is "WebForm_PostBackOptions is undefined", and the 1.1 file does
not use WebForm_PostBackOptions. If you have a chance to take one last look,
the 2.0 generated client code is below:

<html><body>
<form id="frmTasks" name="frmTasks" method="post"
action="poc_web_form1.aspx?__ufps=918838">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="/wEXAQUDX19QDwUIZnJtVGFza3MPBsE1LJaX48eIAgLnbyz/0czpG1XLJnTWdrRj4a6t9w==">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="">
<script language=javascript><!--
function __doPostBack(target, argument){
var theform = document.frmTasks
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = target
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = argument
theform.submit()
}
// -->
</script>

<TABLE id="tblMyTasks" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="300" border="0">
<TR><TD><IMG alt="Sea State 1" src="ss1_logo.png"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD>Task start:</TD><TD>Patient:</TD><TD>Task:</TD></TR>
<font size="-1">
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnStart"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnStart", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">10/24 9:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnPatient"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnPatient ", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">Lee, Terry</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnStart_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl2:lbnStart_a lt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">10/24 9:10</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnPatient_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl2:lbnPatient _alt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">Lee, Terry</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnTask_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl2:lbnTask_al t", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnStart"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl3:lbnStart", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">10/24 9:20</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnPatient"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl3:lbnPatient ", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl3:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnStart_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl4:lbnStart_a lt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">10/24 9:30</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnPatient_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl4:lbnPatient _alt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnTask_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl4:lbnTask_al t", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnStart"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl5:lbnStart", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">10/24 10:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnPatient"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl5:lbnPatient ", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">Bar, Dale</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl5:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<font size="+0"><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('frmTasks','2')"
Next</a></font></font></form></body></html>

"Josh Twist" wrote:
Strange...

The medicate patient link works OK in full IE. There is no javascript
error at all in the source you provided. Here's a snippet...

<a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a>

The javascript here says
1. Is there a function called Page_ClientValidate available?
2. If so, call it, if not don't (there isn't so it doesn't)
3. Finally, it calls __doPostBack function (which is available - you'll
see it at the top of you page) which causes the page to postback.

And there the script ends.

I beginning to wonder if this is a mobile IE problem and I run out of
steam there. Sorry.

Have a great weekend.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Jan 14 '06 #13
Apologies. My post identified the code as generated by the 2.0 server. In
fact, I posted my 1.1 server-generated code. The real 2.0 server-generated
code is -

<html><body>
<form id="frmTasks" name="frmTasks" method="post"
action="poc_web_form1.aspx?__ufps=918838">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="/wEXAQUDX19QDwUIZnJtVGFza3MPBsE1LJaX48eIAgLnbyz/0czpG1XLJnTWdrRj4a6t9w==">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="">
<script language=javascript><!--
function __doPostBack(target, argument){
var theform = document.frmTasks
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = target
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = argument
theform.submit()
}
// -->
</script>

<TABLE id="tblMyTasks" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="300" border="0">
<TR><TD><IMG alt="Sea State 1" src="ss1_logo.png"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD>Task start:</TD><TD>Patient:</TD><TD>Task:</TD></TR>
<font size="-1">
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnStart"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnStart", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">10/24 9:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnPatient"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnPatient ", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">Lee, Terry</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl1:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnStart_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl2:lbnStart_a lt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">10/24 9:10</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnPatient_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl2:lbnPatient _alt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">Lee, Terry</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnTask_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl2:lbnTask_al t", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnStart"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl3:lbnStart", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">10/24 9:20</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnPatient"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl3:lbnPatient ", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl3:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnStart_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl4:lbnStart_a lt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">10/24 9:30</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnPatient_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl4:lbnPatient _alt", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnTask_alt"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl4:lbnTask_al t", "", true, "", "",
false, true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnStart"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl5:lbnStart", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">10/24 10:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnPatient"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl5:lbnPatient ", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">Bar, Dale</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnTask"
href="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new
WebForm_PostBackOptions("olstTask:_ctl5:lbnTask", "", true, "", "", false,
true))">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<font size="+0"><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('frmTasks','2')"
Next</a></font></font></form></body></html>
"Rich" wrote:
Josh,
Thanks for hanging with me.
Here is the entire server-generated file for the page in 2.0.
Notice there is no reference to WebResource.axd at all!

-----start file-----

<html><body>
<form id="frmTasks" name="frmTasks" method="post"
action="poc_web_form1.aspx?__ufps=740275">
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE"
value="aDxfX1A7QDxmcm1UYXNrczvpobPnlrTvuZngo4gsMjs +Oz5tQovZRH9n2Sgf16Bh56ffmAdj3w==">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="">
<script language=javascript><!--
function __doPostBack(target, argument){
var theform = document.frmTasks
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = target
theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = argument
theform.submit()
}
// -->
</script>
<TABLE id="tblMyTasks" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="1" width="300" border="0">
<TR><TD><IMG alt="Sea State 1" src="ss1_logo.png"></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Task start:</TD>
<TD>Patient:</TD>
<TD>Task:</TD></TR>
<font size="-1">
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnStart" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl1:lbnStart','')} ">10/24 9:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnPatient" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl1:lbnPatient','')} ">Lee, Terry</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl1_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl1:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnStart_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl2:lbnStart_alt','')} ">10/24 9:20</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnPatient_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl2:lbnPatient_alt','')} ">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl2_lbnTask_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl2:lbnTask_alt','')} ">medicate
patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnStart" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl3:lbnStart','')} ">10/24 9:30</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnPatient" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl3:lbnPatient','')} ">Sahu, Subakanta</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl3_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl3:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR bgcolor="#ccffcc">
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnStart_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl4:lbnStart_alt','')} ">10/24 10:00</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnPatient_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl4:lbnPatient_alt','')} ">Bar, Dale</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl4_lbnTask_alt" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl4:lbnTask_alt','')} ">medicate
patient</a></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnStart" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnStart','')} ">10/24 10:10</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnPatient" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnPatient','')} ">Bar, Dale</a></TD>
<TD><a id="olstTask__ctl5_lbnTask" href="javascript:{if
(typeof(Page_ClientValidate) != 'function' || Page_ClientValidate())
__doPostBack('olstTask:_ctl5:lbnTask','')} ">medicate patient</a></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<font size="+0"><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('frmTasks','2')"
Next</a></font></font></form></body></html>


-----end file-----

"Josh Twist" wrote:
Hmmm, not sure...

Let's make sure it is something to do with your WebResource.axd file.
Have a look in your src, you should have a line that looks something
like this (the random characters will be different)

<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=3v2Q4FZSi09ZwjYwg-vpMg2&t=632674154005468750"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Grab the src path and try and view the file in your browser, i.e. goto
http://localhoast/MyApplication/WebR...74154005468750
(again your random chars will be different)

You will probably need to save the file and view it notepad. If
everything goes OK you should see a file full of lovely javascript...
if not then something is wrong... let me know how you get on.

You could also use ieHTTPHeaders to make sure the file is being
requested and sent back with a normal 200 response code. I wrote an
article about how to use ieHTTPHeaders here:
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/Better_u...TPHeaders.aspx

Hope that helps

Josh

Jan 14 '06 #14
Hi Rich,

You are a putz! Happens to the best of us :)

There is clearly a problem with your 2.0 source. I just checked the
contents of the JS file ASP.NET generates from WebResource.axd and sure
enough it contains a WebForm_PostBackOptions and a
WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions function.

The really strange thing is that ASP.NET for some reason I don't
understand, is not inserting the link to the WebResource file in your
source. It just isn't there. Is there anything that you're doing in
your code that you think might affect this?

Otherwise I'm not sure - if any MSFT guys are listening in on this, now
might be a good time to step in! I have to go now but I will have a
quick dig around for you tomorrow. I'm not that hopeful that I'll be
able to get to the bottom of this for you remotely though.

Josh
http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

Jan 14 '06 #15

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

7 posts views Thread by Erik-Jan Bakker | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by TeknoCat | last post: by
6 posts views Thread by Richard Silverstein | last post: by
reply views Thread by Candi Suriano | last post: by
11 posts views Thread by TJM | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.