469,928 Members | 1,766 Online
Bytes | Developer Community
New Post

Home Posts Topics Members FAQ

Post your question to a community of 469,928 developers. It's quick & easy.

Problem with validation controls in live environment

In my development environment, the validation controls work fine.
(Incidentally, i am using almost all of them). However, when i deploy my
ASP.NET application to the live production environment, using VS .NET's "Copy
Project" feature, which copys only the files necessary to run on another
machine, the validation controls simply disappear.

For example, when i click SUBMIT to submit a form that's empty, the
validation controls don't do anything, and the form is submitted.

What am i doing wrong, that causes the validation controls to not work when
copying to the live production environment?
Nov 19 '05 #1
6 1241
Charlie,

What version of ASP.NET and service pack are you using on the live server?
Also, what version of windows is the live server?

Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com

"charliewest" wrote:
In my development environment, the validation controls work fine.
(Incidentally, i am using almost all of them). However, when i deploy my
ASP.NET application to the live production environment, using VS .NET's "Copy
Project" feature, which copys only the files necessary to run on another
machine, the validation controls simply disappear.

For example, when i click SUBMIT to submit a form that's empty, the
validation controls don't do anything, and the form is submitted.

What am i doing wrong, that causes the validation controls to not work when
copying to the live production environment?

Nov 19 '05 #2
Ian,

i'm sorry to ask, but how do i find this out? My machine is a Windows 2003
Server and i believe it came w/ .NET 1.1 installed.

Thanks,

"Ian Suttle" wrote:
Charlie,

What version of ASP.NET and service pack are you using on the live server?
Also, what version of windows is the live server?

Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com

"charliewest" wrote:
In my development environment, the validation controls work fine.
(Incidentally, i am using almost all of them). However, when i deploy my
ASP.NET application to the live production environment, using VS .NET's "Copy
Project" feature, which copys only the files necessary to run on another
machine, the validation controls simply disappear.

For example, when i click SUBMIT to submit a form that's empty, the
validation controls don't do anything, and the form is submitted.

What am i doing wrong, that causes the validation controls to not work when
copying to the live production environment?

Nov 19 '05 #3
Well, double-check that ASP.NET's installed. The validation controls rely
upon a seperate directory on the webserver for their supplemental files.
On my machine that's here:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client

The absence of that directory *might* explain the problem.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen
Ian,

i'm sorry to ask, but how do i find this out? My machine is a Windows
2003 Server and i believe it came w/ .NET 1.1 installed.

Thanks,

"Ian Suttle" wrote:
Charlie,

What version of ASP.NET and service pack are you using on the live
server? Also, what version of windows is the live server?

Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com
"charliewest" wrote:
In my development environment, the validation controls work fine.
(Incidentally, i am using almost all of them). However, when i
deploy my ASP.NET application to the live production environment,
using VS .NET's "Copy Project" feature, which copys only the files
necessary to run on another machine, the validation controls simply
disappear.

For example, when i click SUBMIT to submit a form that's empty, the
validation controls don't do anything, and the form is submitted.

What am i doing wrong, that causes the validation controls to not
work when copying to the live production environment?


Nov 19 '05 #4
Excuse the lapse. Thanks.

"Brock Allen" wrote:
Well, double-check that ASP.NET's installed. The validation controls rely
upon a seperate directory on the webserver for their supplemental files.
On my machine that's here:

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client

The absence of that directory *might* explain the problem.

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen
Ian,

i'm sorry to ask, but how do i find this out? My machine is a Windows
2003 Server and i believe it came w/ .NET 1.1 installed.

Thanks,

"Ian Suttle" wrote:
Charlie,

What version of ASP.NET and service pack are you using on the live
server? Also, what version of windows is the live server?

Ian Suttle
http://www.IanSuttle.com
"charliewest" wrote:

In my development environment, the validation controls work fine.
(Incidentally, i am using almost all of them). However, when i
deploy my ASP.NET application to the live production environment,
using VS .NET's "Copy Project" feature, which copys only the files
necessary to run on another machine, the validation controls simply
disappear.

For example, when i click SUBMIT to submit a form that's empty, the
validation controls don't do anything, and the form is submitted.

What am i doing wrong, that causes the validation controls to not
work when copying to the live production environment?


Nov 19 '05 #5
>> The absence of that directory *might* explain the problem.
Excuse the lapse. Thanks.


Oh, that was it? Cool :)

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen


Nov 19 '05 #6
Also you can run this command from the Visual Studio command prompt:
aspnet_regiis -i this command reinstalls all the JavaScript files back
on, which are responsible for the validation among other things.

Kareem Mostafa

Brock Allen wrote:
The absence of that directory *might* explain the problem.

Excuse the lapse. Thanks.


Oh, that was it? Cool :)

-Brock
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/ballen


Nov 19 '05 #7

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.

Similar topics

1 post views Thread by Rahul Chatterjee | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by Gareth | last post: by
3 posts views Thread by john morales | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Tina | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by Tim Frawley | last post: by
2 posts views Thread by robin9876 | last post: by
5 posts views Thread by Kuldeep | last post: by
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.