By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Manage your Cookies Settings.
445,919 Members | 1,855 Online
Bytes IT Community
+ Ask a Question
Need help? Post your question and get tips & solutions from a community of 445,919 IT Pros & Developers. It's quick & easy.

one aspx page started returning garbage???

P: n/a
One aspx page on my site started displaying garbage. No errors, just a bunch of
symbol characters.

The page used C# code behind and Output Cachine:
<%@ OutputCache Duration="86400" VaryByParam="ProductID" %>

I did not recompile the app - but only changed the modification date of the aspx
file so that it would be recompiled - which fixed it.

However, I'd sure like to know how to prevent it - as it displayed the same
gargabe page for all the products on the site.

Just upgraded to SP1 of .NET 1.1 yesterday.
--
Thanks in advance, Les Caudle
Nov 18 '05 #1
Share this Question
Share on Google+
1 Reply


P: n/a
Well, this one is very strange.

It is 100% repeatable for IE for certain pages.

Seems to be related to Caching - or at least when I removed the OutputCache
listed below - I could no longer duplicate the problem.

Runing Win2000 Server SP4. .NET 1.1 SP1

The html code returned to IE is shown as follows. Any idea how to fix this? I
don't really want to disable OutputCaching.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1476" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>

<BODY>r??ωU?(ބJ?-ыSJ?-˒FrR9/*p*?0??罒??ëHId?넮ˤ

Ш;??\vo~?:????Op?󮔶?՟???{Ѭ*F?X #d̂j?ڟ}
?@????߼stqz??7W???ףH?⺄݋Ϸ??o?K?q?

.......on and on and on more trash ...
Τߣ*.Xƥ?</BODY></HTML>

Thanks, Les Caudle

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:05:33 -0600, Les Caudle <ve**@tiredofspam.com> wrote:
One aspx page on my site started displaying garbage. No errors, just a bunch of
symbol characters.

The page used C# code behind and Output Cachine:
<%@ OutputCache Duration="86400" VaryByParam="ProductID" %>

I did not recompile the app - but only changed the modification date of the aspx
file so that it would be recompiled - which fixed it.

However, I'd sure like to know how to prevent it - as it displayed the same
gargabe page for all the products on the site.

Just upgraded to SP1 of .NET 1.1 yesterday.


Nov 18 '05 #2

This discussion thread is closed

Replies have been disabled for this discussion.